PDA

View Full Version : Barrel Mod

PBBLITZ
03-16-2007, 04:22 PM
Hi everybody. I was wondering, ive tried to do the barrel mod and so ive filed down to where the stock barrel stops screwing in. however, when i put on a progressive to test the mod, im still getting heaps of barrel breaks and the paint is still quite fresh. Should i try goin a bit further? :confused: som people i have seen have also inlined the barrel input bit with the volumiser bit, is that too far? thanks for the help, much apreciated :D

Opteron-O3
03-17-2007, 08:20 AM
So you're getting barrel chops? Maybe you need a bigger bore.

PBBLITZ
03-17-2007, 11:01 AM
Well ive tested the paint to barrel match and it fits fine. with the stock barrel i get no breaks but the moment i put my progressive in i get exactly the opposite. perhaps i havnt gon far enuff on the filing job but the stock barrel stops screwing in wher ive filed to so im afraid to go ny further. ny advancements on this? thanks a bunch!

CareBear-Killer
03-17-2007, 11:42 AM
I'm kinda lost on why you filed your marker... ???

where exactly does the break occur? in the marker, right behind the barrel? a couple inches up into the barrel?

Opteron-O3
03-17-2007, 01:25 PM
Do you have a vs3 or vs2?

CareBear-Killer
03-17-2007, 11:48 PM
Also, where did you see pics of this barrel mod?

The only one I've heard of is taking the front most peice off the VS3 that "hangs" out over the back of the barrel. For that mod you just cut that top peice so that its the same as a VS2. ...no really any filing involved.

PBBLITZ
03-18-2007, 03:08 PM
[to Opteron] I have a Vs3
[to Care-Bear] it occurs right behind the barrel so i assume that i havnt filed far enuff and lol, yeh i cut it a bit first but then filed the rest coz i guess i thought i had cut enuff and i dont have a dremil. Also, i wanted it to be a smooth finish. the pic i saw was on another thread http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=7985
Ahwel, i'll just file a bit mor and see, fingers crossed :S

MVS1
03-18-2007, 06:24 PM
Is there a machine shop anywhere near you??? I would machine a barrel to fit my marker before I started chopping my marker to fit a barrel. Anyway, too late for that; if your barrel is not all the way seated to the breach then you will have a small gap/transition that will very likely cause breaks. Whoever gave you the idea of filing down your marker gave you the worst idea I have ever heard of, Sorry, just can't seem to get over that. What you'll need to do is continue what you have started until your barrel is completely seated to your marker. PLEASE!!! don't take this as flaming, that is not it at all, you tried something that seemed to make sense, but at what cost? I hope your able to make this work because if not your out a marker body. G'luck and I hope for the best with this one.

CareBear-Killer
03-18-2007, 06:42 PM
did you file or cut anywhere aside from the top part of the marker?

also, how does the back of your barrel look? is it possible that there's a rough spot on it? have you tried any other barrel or the stock barrel?

PBBLITZ
03-19-2007, 02:12 PM
lol, nah. im not offended in ny way, jus glad peeps are tryin to help so thanks :D I live in a secluded area so no machine shops are about bt i guess i'll go a tiny bit further as as u've sed, to late now. Not all is lost tho as the stock barrel still works. The progressive looks fine to me and it works fine on my mates markers so im pretty sure its just the overhang shroud bit that's not been don rite. and no, i havnt cut any other top part of the marker. lol, ahwel, i'll update soon and let u kno wheter i got it workin or not....jus keepin ALMOST all parts of my anatomy crossed:P hehe tnx for the feedback btw. much apreciated as always

PBBLITZ
03-22-2007, 12:07 PM
lol, yay! i filed it a bit mor and now the progressive works like a dream! Haha, jus thought i'd let ya know as i sed i wld. Im happy :D

STRIKEFIRST
03-22-2007, 12:08 PM
Pic?

PBBLITZ
03-22-2007, 03:14 PM
lol soz if this sounds stupid but do u mean a pic as in u want me to put one up or do u mean where did i find the pic?

ross * pilot
03-22-2007, 03:21 PM
put up a picture of the work youve done so that others can see. Also, some directions would be nice. Glad that it works now.

pssst. its spelled mississippi:rolleyes:

PBBLITZ
03-22-2007, 03:43 PM
lol, hehe.....i MENT to spell it like that:o nyhoo, ok. i will post a pic within the next day but rite now, in the UK, its my bed time :rolleyes: so bear with me please! i will post my instructions and wat i did aswell but many people recommend goin to a machine shop as if u muck up, ur completely out of a VS3 body. Its up to the individual tho for as u can see, it worked out alrite in the end.....AFTER a lot of elbow grease and sweating time consumption:p