PDA

View Full Version : TL+ Prob.

Ariesah
01-23-2006, 08:19 AM
Once again I'm having issues with my TL+ , and can not figure out what is causing it. Alright, so I gas up my marker and ssssssss... there is a gas leak, no biggie I fix the leak pull back the bolt and Clunk, clunk.. now this is a clunk and not a click like the ESP frame normally makes. It kind of sounds like there is too much pressure on the sear not allowing it to release the striker (yes the frame is fully charged). Ok, so I use my back up maker for the day. Once I get home I try it again...clunk, clunk...SOS. Ok so I pull the cover off and look at the Solenoid and it does not seem to be connecting with the sear...strange, so I try putting a penny behind the solenoid and cluk, cluk, the noid is not moving at all now. So I remove the frame from the body to get a good look at it. and click, click, it seems to be working. I add the penny again (Still not attached to the body) and Cluk..nope still nothing. To shorten this post up, It took 11 cents to get it to click again while on the body..cool I think as I gas it up and fire a few test shots after the second or third praaaaaaat..huh does not want to recock..the gauge shows there to be plenty of air, so I try it again with the same results it would fire maybe once the not recock. So my question is (about time huh) WTF???? Could the sear be sitting to low not allowing it to catch after being shot?? Could the Valve have a bad o-ring, and if so wouldn't I hear a leak from the valve area??? If anyone could be so kind and to help me with this issue I would be most thankfull. Now I have fixed many of Spyder's old and new with no problems, but strangely when It come to this one I can't seem to get it done.

covert24
01-23-2006, 08:21 AM
can u take some pix of the sear/solenoid in ur trigger frame.

Ariesah
01-23-2006, 08:26 AM
I do not have a dig. camera, but can borrow one if needed. Now, what am I taking a pic of and why?? Pic with it cocked or normal?

bamf-hacker
01-23-2006, 08:34 AM
silly question... You are using the sear that came with the e-frame and not the one that came with gun right. I believe they are slightly different.

HacKeR

covert24
01-23-2006, 08:47 AM
they shouldnt be different. unless the tl+ is special. i thought all the spyders were generally the same?

Ariesah
01-23-2006, 08:58 AM
The Sear on a e-frame is different from that of a mech frame. I have used the e-frame for a few a few years now and just started having problems with it.

bamf-hacker
01-23-2006, 08:59 AM
Mine came with a new striker, and when I ordered my DH Titanium striker you had to tell them whether you needed the e-striker or the regular one.

HacKeR

covert24
01-23-2006, 09:06 AM
oh never new that. look in my slaes thread for stuff u might need.

heres the link=http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=480

Ariesah
01-23-2006, 09:11 AM
If is a striker issue, wouldn't it of malfunctioned before now? It is quite possible that the striker is the problem, and I was able to get the frame to fire after I added a penny and a dime behine the solenoid, but that still does not explain why it would not recock or maybe it does.... huh.

covert24
01-23-2006, 09:13 AM
idk. but i have a sanded striker and a new solenoid in my sales thread ifur intrested. the striker might have had 2 much wear. but all my parts in my sales thread is from a e-marker.

Ariesah
01-23-2006, 11:55 AM
Well, before I go out and buy another part I want to make sure I need it first.

covert24
01-23-2006, 12:34 PM
after re-reading ur post it is ur solenoid. if u put a penny behind the noid and it didnt work then that thingis messed up. if u pu a penny behind the noid it should function properly.

Ariesah
01-23-2006, 12:42 PM
One penny didn't do anything. One nickel didn't do anything, but one dime and and penny worked...also, like I said right now the issue is with it not recocking. I might just take it to a shop in my area if I can't get it to work...if they tell me its the solenoid I'll get yours from you since im sure they will over charge anyway.

covert24
01-23-2006, 12:44 PM
on online sotres solenoids ar elike 20 bux i think. but yea take it to thwe shop see wut they say.

Ariesah
01-23-2006, 12:48 PM
How old is your Solenoid anyway?

covert24
01-23-2006, 12:49 PM
it was used in one game. so its basically new. ive just had it sitting around for some time now. but it does work causei jsut tested it.

Ariesah
01-23-2006, 12:59 PM
I should know what the problem is by Wednesday either by information I've collected here or the local shop. If it appears to be the Solenoid and you still have your's I'll send you a paypal payment. I just want to make sure that is the problem prior to pruchasing.

ad0131065
01-23-2006, 01:56 PM
OK, what ups do you have on it? To me it sounds like you need an esp striker or your capacitors gone bad. Post what ups you have on it and It will help more

Ariesah
01-23-2006, 02:21 PM
It has: 32* Spring kit, Spudnuk'l Bolt, Polished Striker, NDZ HP Valve, Bob long VA, Torp. Reg. w/ BL Gauge, Macro Line, and I think thats it. I used it two weekend's ago with no problems except bouncing, but had issues with it no releasing the striker a week before that. Prior to that I have not had any problems with the ESP frame and stock striker.

ad0131065
01-23-2006, 02:27 PM
try turning the pressure up on the reg and see if that will get it to recock, and as for the sear not releasing, look at the capacitor and see if it is buldging anywhere.

Ariesah
01-23-2006, 02:56 PM
I do not think it's a problem with the reg. or it shouldn't be unless it decided to f up all of a sudden. Last time I used it it was shooting 290fps @ 350psi. And what I mean by not recocking is that it would burp majorly, I'll stop the bolt and do it again and noticed my gauge reading about 500 psi. Pressure on the tank read 800psi until I let it run down (I have two gauges, one for input and one for output), but it could of been a bad tank or something. I'll check the capacitor once i get home.

ad0131065
01-23-2006, 04:25 PM
iF you were using co2 and it was cold outside that might be your problem.

Ariesah
01-24-2006, 06:28 AM
Still could not find anything wrong. I did notice that when the frame is on the body and cocked the solenoid would not connect with the sear unless I pull back the bolt when firing. Once I take the frame off and hold down the sear the solenoid connects, which does not make any sense to me.