PDA

View Full Version : Kingman Remote

powderBurnz
03-15-2007, 06:35 AM
Alright I just got a Kingman Remote for my MR2. I am going to use it this weekend but I need to know something.

I am confused because I have read that you should detach from the tank and then I have heard to detach from the marker. So I am a bit confused.

Why can't I just use the quick detach instead of unscrewing from the marker or tank when I go back to fill up my tank in between sessions?

Taillo
03-15-2007, 08:06 AM
When you go to fill your tank, the paintball field's fill station is not usualy equiped with a quick disconnect adaptor. They will have to unscrew the remote line in order to fill your tank. Thats why you have to unscrew it for faster and convenient service.

The quick disconnect part is more for utility needs. As an example: you have to get rid of your marker or remote in order to perform a tactic, like climbing, sneaking or getting out of entanglement.

I have two guns, one tactical, and a sniper, on some terrains, i like to bring them both to begin the fight with the sniper rifle and when the fight gets close quarter, i rapidly switch the remote from a gun to another. This could be done also with a pistol with an air and hopper adapter. with a pistol/rifle setup, if things go wrong with your marker, you can switch to pistol while the referee is fixing your main gun.

You also may get entangled with someone else's remote or against vegetation, and sometimes figuring out how to free yourself is slower than disconnecting and breaking free. just be carefull not getting sand in the quick disconnect part, it can rip the Oring or send sand into your marker.

ViperX
03-15-2007, 08:29 AM
You have to unscrew the remote from the tank to get it filled, period. There isn't an air-smith out there that would do it any other way, let alone has an adapter to fill it from the remote line to begin with.

Do not disconnect the remote line either from your marker until AFTER you have turned the valve on the remote OFF! Unless you like wild hoses whipping around while jetting crazy psi and smacking you in the face or anyone else nearby, do not do it until you have secured the valve.

Hob Hayward
03-15-2007, 01:39 PM
I'd doubt you could even get the quick disconnect off while theres the full 800ish psi coming from the tank.

I know they have slide checks for remotes, I think they let you disconnect the hose while it still has pressure in it? Someone else could confirm, or say what it actually is.

wylde01
03-15-2007, 03:51 PM
with the slide check you can basicly shut off the air flow to the gun and then disconnect it.