PDA

View Full Version : And you guys thought I had retired from the game...

timmyshoota
03-14-2007, 05:42 PM
I can't let you guys think MuddyTaco is the only gun whore here. Some of you have forgot that I was doing it before he got into it, so I had to bring it back. Traded my Marq6 for this beaut, too bad its going up for sale in a matter of minutes, and I've already got one deal for a 2 for 1 pending on it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v163/chakazulu/paintball%20things/bwsl66.jpg

For some reason Photobucket overcontrasts my pictures when I edit them, so it looks weird.

Bushwacker SL66 #B0016
Maniac 2.04 Board
Cure Bolt

Not too sure I like it. I'm gonna shoot one of my teammate's SL66s with a Virtue board and see if I like the feel of the trigger better that way. If I don't, this gun is gone for sure. Not fond at all of the trigger setup with the optoswitch.

TheRedBarron
03-14-2007, 05:53 PM
eh

Muddytaco
03-14-2007, 05:54 PM
Nice looking gun but i am the same way about egos, I even changed the trigger and went to tadao for the switch and still didn't like the nexus i had.

timmyshoota
03-14-2007, 05:59 PM
Nice looking gun but i am the same way about egos, I even changed the trigger and went to tadao for the switch and still didn't like the nexus i had.
I got this purely for resale. My Marq6 was hard to move because nub think Marq7's and Rappers are better, when its just a difference in milling. I don't plan on it being in my possession longer than a week or two.

vwjimmy
03-14-2007, 06:17 PM
It sure is nice lookin' though.....
Whats up next?

Theheroguy
03-14-2007, 06:22 PM
wiat I though you said egos were just like timmy why not just trade the marq wait I'm confusing myself but you got a good deal by going through the ego right

TheRedBarron
03-14-2007, 06:23 PM
Ego is same as a timmy with higher resale, he traded his Marq for it because he will be able to sell or trade this for more then he could sell or trade his marq for.

Theheroguy
03-14-2007, 06:24 PM
oh thats what I thought

shunut
03-14-2007, 06:28 PM
I love Egos so I think its hot. Not my favorite SL66 but still nice.

timmyshoota
03-14-2007, 06:33 PM
I'm trying to work my way into a DM7. I think I'm one or two trades away. If I can sell this for cash, I'll have one right afterwards.

Maxx-Damage
03-14-2007, 06:42 PM
Looks a Miky D gun, but beside that it looks nice. Good luck getting a DM7, better not be gold and red though....

leed
03-14-2007, 07:30 PM
Not a fan of the BW SL66's, but still is a nice gat.

timmyshoota
03-14-2007, 07:38 PM
This gun may already be pending a trade for an 07 Ego. Lawlz.

metromuppetmower
03-15-2007, 09:20 AM
needs polished gold accents i'm an ego nut so ego is the way to go. nice ego even tho your letting it go.

TheRedBarron
03-15-2007, 09:22 AM
eh...

VS3 Sniper
03-15-2007, 12:08 PM
Its a sweet ego. I like the look of the xsv's more but a nice gun none the less. :)

timmyshoota
03-15-2007, 05:00 PM
needs polished gold accents i'm an ego nut so ego is the way to go. nice ego even tho your letting it go.

The only way to get polished gold accents would be to trade with a Troll SL66 or to have mine anno'd and trading would be hard since I don't have the stock barrel.

Matt, the 07 Ego trade is only to eventually get a DM7.

Ace24
03-15-2007, 09:47 PM
eh...
:yeahthat:

Eh...

newkid
03-16-2007, 07:11 PM
looks alright

metromuppetmower
03-16-2007, 08:10 PM
i have polished gold accents including barrel and asa. if you were interested if not sweet gat again

TheRedBarron
03-16-2007, 10:50 PM
Matt, the 07 Ego trade is only to eventually get a DM7.
So are you trying to get me to upgrade my eh... to a ya.. or are you trying to get a Blah...?

timmyshoota
03-16-2007, 10:53 PM
So are you trying to get me to upgrade my eh... to a ya.. or are you trying to get a Blah...?

I'm trying to get every gun you don't like in succession. PBN flakers are hampering that, so it looks like I'm stuck with this one for a few weeks.

Virtue/Tadao and CP trigger coming soon.

TheRedBarron
03-16-2007, 10:57 PM
You have been downgraded to Blah, get a real gun and we will talk.

Theheroguy
03-17-2007, 10:09 PM
I saw one just like thatat bc today (colorwise wasn't sure of make only saw the side clearly)

HelpDeskHustler
03-18-2007, 11:32 AM
never like the mcdonalds anno

Ace24
03-19-2007, 03:11 PM
never like the mcdonalds anno
:yeahthat:

I don't think those colors go good together. But thats just me.

FredPo
03-19-2007, 08:39 PM
I have a hard time understanding why you don't just open up your own pb store and then you can trade and sell all the guns you want. I know you don't have time to play because you spend too much time wheeling and dealing guns.

Fred

HelpDeskHustler
03-24-2007, 12:39 PM
this dude who owns the shop near me said he would have traded his dm7 straight up for this if he wasn't required to shoot it.

timmyshoota
03-24-2007, 03:20 PM
this dude who owns the shop near me said he would have traded his dm7 straight up for this if he wasn't required to shoot it.

He owns a shop, he could get another DM7. Tell him to trade me.

HelpDeskHustler
03-25-2007, 07:23 AM
He owns a shop, he could get another DM7. Tell him to trade me.
good point, i'll see what i can do... im not sure he'll be as friendly as he was earlier in the day because of the fact that we left because we were thrown out (teammate accidentally used a pod of his "chrono paint", after the owner warned him for having a couple left in his hopper) but i'll see what i can do. got a pbn link for me?

timmyshoota
03-25-2007, 01:40 PM
Eh, nevermind, I don't think I want a DM7 for this. It shot amazing today. Even greasy white box paint was shooting perfect. Just needs a titanium rammer and it'll be golden.

HelpDeskHustler
03-25-2007, 01:47 PM
Eh, nevermind, I don't think I want a DM7 for this. It shot amazing today. Even greasy white box paint was shooting perfect. Just needs a titanium rammer and it'll be golden.
hey! i <3 whitebox!

timmyshoota
03-25-2007, 01:54 PM
this was garbage white box though. greasy as can be, my gun was the only one that would shoot it good. 3 SL-66s, an Alias, a Marq and a 06 Borg and only mine would shoot right.

Theheroguy
03-25-2007, 05:00 PM
so is built exactly like a timmy in the sense that they use the same parts because different people tell me different thingsand I wanted to know from someone whos owned both

timmyshoota
03-25-2007, 05:31 PM
Its based on the Timmy design. There's some differences between the two though. I think Timmys run a lot smoother than Egos, but with a Ti Rammer, Egos run very smooth.

Some points of comparison:

Trigger frame: Egos are much more comfortable. I don't like the wide frames of the Timmys.

Triggers: Timmys by FAR.

LPR/Front block design: Egos. Timmys are way too bulky in that area IMO.

Shooting feel: Timmys. Much smoother stock for stock. Both shoot like machine guns though.

Board: Egos. Timmy boards have nice adjustability, but their firing modes suck. I'm sorry but real PSP ramping should be stock on every gun.

Everything else after that is negligible. Give me the choice between a Timmy and a Ego, both free, and I'm gonna have a tough choice.

This comparison is between an 06 Ego and a Gen3(Alias model) Timmy. Gen4 Timmys suck IMO. Gen3's are 10x better.

Edit: If you are deciding between the two, you're gonna have to shoot both, its tough to choose based on anything else. Its easier to choose between a Shocker and a DM than a Timmy and a Ego IMO.

leed
03-25-2007, 10:04 PM
Its based on the Timmy design. There's some differences between the two though. I think Timmys run a lot smoother than Egos, but with a Ti Rammer, Egos run very smooth.

Some points of comparison:

Trigger frame: Egos are much more comfortable. I don't like the wide frames of the Timmys.

Triggers: Timmys by FAR.

LPR/Front block design: Egos. Timmys are way too bulky in that area IMO.

Shooting feel: Timmys. Much smoother stock for stock. Both shoot like machine guns though.

Board: Egos. Timmy boards have nice adjustability, but their firing modes suck. I'm sorry but real PSP ramping should be stock on every gun.

Everything else after that is negligible. Give me the choice between a Timmy and a Ego, both free, and I'm gonna have a tough choice.

This comparison is between an 06 Ego and a Gen3(Alias model) Timmy. Gen4 Timmys suck IMO. Gen3's are 10x better.

Edit: If you are deciding between the two, you're gonna have to shoot both, its tough to choose based on anything else. Its easier to choose between a Shocker and a DM than a Timmy and a Ego IMO.

With that in mind, the one very big difference between Gen3 Timmies an Egos is price. An Alias can go as low as 300, while an 05 Ego can run in the 450's, an 06 even higher.