PDA

View Full Version : Boy it's LOUD!!!!

ELMoxim
03-14-2007, 05:18 AM
I surprised I haven't heard anyone talk about the shooting volume of this marker! I was running my J&J barrel at an indoor field and a ref spot chrono'd me because he felt "it sounded like I was running over 300 FPS"...I was 220! I had to switch from the J&J to the Trinity just so I didn't sound like I was shooting a deer rifle!

Now I'm not the one complaining (everyone else is)...as a matter of fact last weekend my loud marker putting an entire hopper into the wall of a tin hut must have made the people inside wet their pants! But I haven't played on the same field with anyone else with a "Deuce" so I just wonderd if anyone had the same kind of experience.

E

Xtreme
03-14-2007, 05:28 AM
I dont know, my MR is pretty quiet, when I put my J&J on there its quieter. If I run hpa air it seems to be better than co2. The ones that are making all that noise must be the tippmanns behind you! LOL! I have not had any noise issues out of me mr that just my 2cents.

Tcheno
03-14-2007, 05:29 AM
Yeah its loud and i love it!!!
My MR2 makes other people tremble at every trigger walk :P

Glasher
03-14-2007, 07:01 AM
Weird mine is almost silent

wylde01
03-14-2007, 08:48 AM
mine is loud with the stock barrel on, but with the jj ceramic it is quieter. im at a disadvantage when i play with my group because all of their guns are super quiet and you hear mine from a mile away! but its ok to me because i love my mr2.

ELMoxim
03-14-2007, 09:42 AM
Boy that's strange....with my 12in J&J it sounds like a .22 cal hand gun!

Good news? Makes you a good shot because there is no way I'm gonna get a second shot at someone who dosn't know I'm there!

but as Gene Simmons says, makes me the "God of Thunder"!

anyone "smahtah" (I 'm in Boston) then me know why one is loud and one is "almost silent"?

PS I also run HPA

E

MR2 Woodsballer
03-16-2007, 10:59 PM
Yeah its loud and i love it!!!
My MR2 makes other people tremble at every trigger walk :P

I have to agree mine is loud, but I dont care it dosent bother me. Its scares the noobs soo bad half of them just hide to scared to shoot....LOL

darth massacre
03-17-2007, 03:49 PM
I remember once I was doing a chrono check and this kid waiting behind me asked to no one in particular, "Why is it so loud!?"

One ref standing an earshot away chuckled and sneered "Because its a spyder."

Afterward the kid came up to me and said good thing I was on his team. And I did "accidently" plug that ref a few times too :D

*EL-Mago*
10-05-2007, 04:17 PM
OMG I cant wait for mine to come!
The Louder The better....Since when I played with a rented 98 custom (WEAKSAUCE) the X7's were loud and I was like OMG! but with this feedback I want them to be like SHI-ZA!

chnk
10-05-2007, 04:52 PM
make you sure you have a force fed hopper with it also, the mr2 is a speedball gun in a woodsball gun so it needs a speedball hopper

jbtoronto
10-05-2007, 08:07 PM
"LOUD is good man" I went indoor once hahaha I made a few shots and all heads turned around haha so that was with the stock barrel....tomorrow I'm testing the Hammerhead and the Cut stock barrel (sticks about 1" inch off the shroud) which is should be super LOUD from what I've heard.

It scares the hell out of any target :p

chnk
10-05-2007, 08:20 PM
i'm cutting my stock barrel just cause you did it and just for the indoor feild, i feel like making someone **** on themself

as for the loudness, i think its cool, but in the woods, when i fire single shots its completely silent. my mr is low pressured less gas goes through the marker making less noise. so i'm a sneaky mother ****er, but when i start to walk the damn trigger you'll know where the hell i'm at,

and when i get done with my "fake" silencer i'll see how loud my mr2 is after that,

jbtoronto
10-05-2007, 08:24 PM
This is me:

Broadsword Heavy/rifleman = LOUD

;-) Plain mean

oldironmudder
10-05-2007, 08:25 PM
my mr is low pressured less gas goes through the marker making less noise.

Going "LP" will use a greater volume of air at a given pressure than non-LP.

chnk
10-05-2007, 08:28 PM
Going "LP" will use a greater volume of air at a given pressure than non-LP.

yea i never got how that really worked, i just tuned it to low pressure so i can get a consistency of a reg and better air efficiency,

This is me:

Broadsword Heavy/rifleman = LOUD

;-) Plain mean

lol, im a totally different player, i sneak up on target and be the aggressive frontman so my team can move up. i'm also the guy who does the bunkering and suicide runs in speedball.

slim and shady
10-08-2007, 10:19 PM
I think the MR 2's are loud mine is anyway everyone I have played with says the same thing. I usually use a 14" progressive but it gets reel loud with my chopped off stock barrel. The only gun I have ever heard louder was a A-5 with a opsgear fake supressor

jbtoronto
10-09-2007, 08:05 AM
Loud is good man...idk everyplayer is different anyways...I love to just fight the field!!! Loud, quiet w.e. is awesome!!!
I'm getting the Gen X black vest soon with the hose as well wohooo