PDA

View Full Version : new texas car inspection stickers

calebh
03-13-2007, 02:22 PM
any texans got a new one yet? the old ones were see thru, so you could check the date without any trouble. just had to turn the numbers around in your head. well now, the back says "check the date, love your state." im too disorganized to remember to check it when i get out of the car, so i'll never actually check it. stupid state.

TheRedBarron
03-13-2007, 02:42 PM
so... welcome to the rest of the world? lol Maine has ugly cardboard like stickers.

vikingshadow
03-13-2007, 03:18 PM
Oklahoma doesn't have inspection stickers anymore. Don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing, though.

vwjimmy
03-13-2007, 04:26 PM
There are no inspections in Kentucky....
If it will start and move, you can put it on the road here :)

leed
03-13-2007, 04:37 PM
Go check it, and write it on the back with a Sharpie. Problem solved.

Ace24
03-13-2007, 08:39 PM
New York has these cardboard ones that leave nasty rectangles on your windshield... :(

Pwgsx
03-13-2007, 10:11 PM
My gf's lives in NJ for the school semester and I got a good laugh at their car inspection place. Its this large building with these moronic people. They pretty much crawl under the car, in the trunk, they check the headlights- if you got aftermarket ones, your screwed. Fog lights, forget it. Front window tint.......nope. The even drive your car on this viberating pad to check ur shocks. I would NEVER live there, ****ty state.

Pwgsx
03-13-2007, 10:13 PM
any texans got a new one yet? the old ones were see thru, so you could check the date without any trouble. just had to turn the numbers around in your head. well now, the back says "check the date, love your state." im too disorganized to remember to check it when i get out of the car, so i'll never actually check it. stupid state.

I saw those when I had to get a new jet ski trailer plate......yea they changed those too. What a waste of money!!

bamf-hacker
03-14-2007, 03:54 AM
My gf's lives in NJ for the school semester and I got a good laugh at their car inspection place. Its this large building with these moronic people. They pretty much crawl under the car, in the trunk, they check the headlights- if you got aftermarket ones, your screwed. Fog lights, forget it. Front window tint.......nope. The even drive your car on this viberating pad to check ur shocks. I would NEVER live there, ****ty state.

Born and raised there.....

You wait in 3 hour lines to inspect your car just for it to fail inspection.

Then you get a big red REJECTED sticker and have to go back to do it again after the issues is fixed. If you are lucky it was a bad headlight and you don't need to wait in line again. If it is pretty much anything else you go back to the line.

LOVE NEW GERMANY, uh I mean Jersey :)

DFSniper
03-14-2007, 07:38 AM
There are no inspections in Kentucky....
If it will start and move, you can put it on the road here :)

lol, thats why my dad got his windows tinted there and not in NC

leed
03-14-2007, 07:51 AM
Yeah.. 30% is the max legal tint here. But no one cares, LOL.

durrell
03-14-2007, 08:27 AM
NC does a very sparse inspection outside of Wake County. Wake County does emissions testing and everything, down here it's like..ok, tires good, horn good, blinkers good, headlights good, windshield wipers good. Ok here's your sticker.

DFSniper
03-15-2007, 11:13 AM
Yeah.. 30% is the max legal tint here. But no one cares, LOL.
yep, my dad got his to 5% or 15% in KY (cant remember which. probably both depending on the windows)

TheRedBarron
03-15-2007, 11:24 AM
I cant inspect my bike, or my camaro because of aftermarket exhaust. they meets emmisions but it doesnt matter. Not that I care, the fine is cheaper then inspecting it anyway.