PDA

View Full Version : Urg...

Hob Hayward
03-12-2007, 03:56 PM
So, I ordered four cases of RPS Ultra Evil from Firstcall. They just arrived here today, and I must say, I'm not too happy, their "Ultra Evil" was dimpled and had huggge seams, and now I'm not sure what to do, I mean, spending the money to have all of it shipped back seems insane, unless I can somehow get them to pay for the shipping, which I doubt. They also mixed up the gauges sending me a 300 psi instead of a 700 psi. So, to say the least, I'm not too happy with their service so far. I'll have to see what can be arranged for getting the correct gauge, and seeing what they say about the paint.

Anyone else ever had problems like this, how were they resolved?

Thanks...

Oscum Guy
03-12-2007, 04:06 PM
i always have had no problems from them. but my order just never shows up on trascking. i ordered some whitebox there a while ago and it was just fine. they packaged it good because all the spaces were crammed with peanuts. they have a good customer service so maybe you could work something out.

DRAGON
03-12-2007, 04:07 PM
Anyone else ever had problems like this, how were they resolved?

Thanks...

Ya, I ordered a few cases of paint in 1989. Never ordered paint through the mail since. As you've experienced, it's much better to pay a little more locally so you can open the box and see exactly what you're getting. Sounds like you're stuck and SOL -

Hob Hayward
03-12-2007, 04:14 PM
Ya, I ordered a few cases of paint in 1989. Never ordered paint through the mail since. As you've experienced, it's much better to pay a little more locally so you can open the box and see exactly what you're getting. Sounds like you're stuck and SOL -

Well the key is, I don't like to support the local business, they're all ***holes. Sadly, I think I'll just suck it up in the future.

Theheroguy
03-12-2007, 04:32 PM
yeah sometimes they are jerks but it cheaper sometimes to do buisness locally for me

Sandman_Bravo
03-12-2007, 04:41 PM
Well the key is, I don't like to support the local business, they're all ***holes. Sadly, I think I'll just suck it up in the future.

I try and buy locally to support my community's economy since I'm part of it. Yeah, there are some bungholes out there, so I drive a little further to get to better people. Just my 2 cents.

Hob Hayward
03-12-2007, 06:40 PM
Well, I drop tested the paint, it broke from 3 feet falling into a metal sink. Upon reviewing it, it looks like it'll shoot fairly well, though it still annoys me that I was buying Ultra evil, and the quality was less than that of xball or worr.

timmyshoota
03-12-2007, 06:53 PM
JW, why were you buying tourney grade paint? I've never shot anything over Bronze for practice/recball unless I had left over paint. For anything other than a tourney, the price difference isn't worth it.

Hob Hayward
03-12-2007, 06:57 PM
Cause it was $44 LoL, no doubt the quality is the reason why its not in top condition. I would normally buy $40-$45 paint, and I saw this deal and was like OMFG, its ultra evil, and its friggin $44!

DRAGON
03-12-2007, 07:01 PM
Ultra Evil has a brittle shell so it's supposed to break easily. It's best used in LP markers with little impact on the shell -

timmyshoota
03-12-2007, 07:17 PM
Cause it was $44 LoL, no doubt the quality is the reason why its not in top condition. I would normally buy $40-$45 paint, and I saw this deal and was like OMFG, its ultra evil, and its friggin $44!

It's probably stuff they've had sitting at the warehouse for too long. They don't even keep Evil paint at the shops. All they have at the shops is Draxxus and Severe.

RIpaintballer
03-12-2007, 07:18 PM
i brought some cheap paintball from actionvillage and i love it =)

timmyshoota
03-12-2007, 07:19 PM
Spyder paint = the best cheap paint. Period. Its Nelson Hemmorage I believe, and it shoots awesome. My team loves to shoot it for practice paint unless we find something cheaper. I need to get a Red Box to see how their tourney paint is.

Hob Hayward
03-13-2007, 04:07 AM
Its actually good? I think I checked out the reviews and they said it was meh. I'll try it out next time I get some paint.

vikingshadow
03-13-2007, 04:38 AM
If it's like Nelson Hemmorage, then it's awesome paint! Thick fill, flies straight, I loved that stuff!

bamf-hacker
03-13-2007, 06:26 AM
Hob, support the local guys ;) Talk to them if you think they are jerks and maybe you can work something out.

The big online retailers are making the small guys go out of business, and call Firstcall, they may do something for you.

timmyshoota
03-13-2007, 07:16 AM
Its actually good? I think I checked out the reviews and they said it was meh. I'll try it out next time I get some paint.

Did you read the review I wrote in the Member Reviews forum? :dodgy: