PDA

View Full Version : Coming Back to the game... what to do?

ProFalcon
03-11-2007, 08:39 PM
Havent played for about a year. my last gun was a Dragun T1. Not really sure what gun to get to get back into things. I have everything BUT a gun, so im good to go in those departments. Still have a stiffi kit with spyder threads kicking around, so if it had spyder threads that would be a plus, if not, i could buy new backs... also have a 68/4500 so im not limited to CO2 safe guns.

Not wanting an ion. or an impulse. or anything too expensive. Advice?

Muddytaco
03-11-2007, 08:43 PM
whats your exact price range your looking for?

VS3 Sniper
03-11-2007, 08:48 PM
vs2, vs3, pilot acs or the MR sereies depending on where u play. I have the pilot acs as a backup gun and I love it. I hear great thing about the vs2 too. Good luck.

ProFalcon
03-11-2007, 09:28 PM
hmmm... looking for sub $400 canadian... which is... $320ish american?

vikingshadow
03-12-2007, 04:42 AM
Welcome back to the game - it's hard to stay away, isn't it?!?! :D

Well, if you could add another 100.00 - 150.00, you can get a Rail, Epiphany, Fusion, or an Invert Mini. Your barrel won't fit, but their stock barrels are as good as any aftermarket barrel you can buy. These guns all go new for around 400.00 dollars or so and all are definitely worth it.

Or, if you want to stick with blowbacks, get the VS2, or any of the plethora of Spyders available.

Sandman_Bravo
03-12-2007, 05:00 AM
Maybe watch for an upp'ed LP spyder used, then you could use the stiffi. What is your main type of play, speedball or woodsball?

bamf-hacker
03-12-2007, 06:23 AM
VS2 or VS3. If you are more into the woodsball type look the MR1,2, or 3.

Al of those will work with your HPA tank and use the Spyder Threaded Stiffi. Be warned though, the barrel back my not fit on the guns with shrouds. So you still may need a new barrel or do some custom work to the new gun.

PumaPride04
03-12-2007, 10:30 AM
vs2 or vs3 ftw

Backmanshooter
03-12-2007, 01:21 PM
Vs2/3 whichever trigger you like.

You could always sell the barrel, or even trade, for a new barrel kit.

samus129
03-12-2007, 06:24 PM
defiantly vs2 or vs3 if u dont mind the rocking trigger.

ProFalcon
03-14-2007, 01:43 PM
lol. hey vike, you're still around here? they havent kicked ya out yet? =P

so out dated i have heard of any of Rail, Epiphany, Fusion, or an Invert Mini.
looking em up now. im not exactly sure what kind of ball im gonna be playing most, but im not into the mil-sim look.

Mr.Untouchable
03-14-2007, 01:51 PM
If you are willing to spend that extra $100 bucks, the Rail is your best bet. Although I like the Fusion a LOT.

But if not, the VS2/3's both are great guns for the price.

Good Luck searching and Welcome Back to the Game!

ProFalcon
03-14-2007, 02:08 PM
well, im not liking the rocking trigger idea. so its down to a mini, VS2, a fusion, or a rail. can someone give me a link to the fusion? i cant find it.

on a second note, i think if i was going to spend the money on an epiphany, id just get a mini.

Ares
03-14-2007, 02:37 PM
lasoya promaster. $199 at actionvillage (http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/BrowseCatalog-Start;sid=60IewEp26dweVw-OgafeaEDQ1NQKyJM8owo=?CategoryName=paintball-paintball-guns-indian-creek-designs-paintball-guns)

Backmanshooter
03-14-2007, 03:16 PM
well, im not liking the rocking trigger idea. so its down to a mini, VS2, a fusion, or a rail. can someone give me a link to the fusion? i cant find it.

on a second note, i think if i was going to spend the money on an epiphany, id just get a mini.If it were me, I'd go with the VS2 or a PMR. PMR's have some weak parts but its mostly the back cap. If you get an aluminum one then you'll be fine.

Its all up to you, of course. ;)

VS3 Sniper
03-14-2007, 04:18 PM
U could prolly get a dm4 or pm5 on pbnation.com

vikingshadow
03-14-2007, 04:57 PM
lol. hey vike, you're still around here? they havent kicked ya out yet? =P

I'm trying but they won't get rid of me! They just like to have me around to kick and make fun of!

Look for my review on the Rail here - it's a good gun. Seriously.

Edit: Here it is. (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=8252)

PMR's have some weak parts but its mostly the back cap. If you get an aluminum one then you'll be fine.

No, they don't have weak parts. The back cap isn't weak, it's idiots who think they have to tighten them too tight that strip them, or cross thread them and then they blame the plastic. I had no problems with mine. I replaced it, but that's because of my upgrade disease.

The frame, while plastic, is still VERY strong. I haven't heard of one instance of it giving anyone problems. It's also VERY comfortable. The feedneck collar is plastic, but the important part is metal, and it clamps just as tight as any other feedneck. The eye covers, no problem. The trigger, while I didn't care for it, is favored by some owners as an ok trigger.

Don't buy into the negative hype about "plastic" parts, or "the next Ion." I don't know why it's being received with so much negativity - it's a great gun, cheap, very fast, very light and looks great with a great board. Everything a user, new and old, could want!

ProFalcon
03-14-2007, 07:52 PM
hmmm...
not really too sure about the mini on second thought. a lot of it seems to 'revolutionary' for me to want to invest my money in it. although the rail looks nice, there are things (like vike) that im going to want to upgrade immedeately (sp?). those upgrades would really put me past my price limit. Still dont know much about the fusion.

i am now looking at that lasoya promaster and the V2. (fusion on the side) can anyone tell me any experiences or comments about either of the 2? (or 3) that seems like a damn good price for a promaster. how is it compared to the V2? Better? worse? (I know vike, i know. like apples to oranges... i know)

:P