PDA

View Full Version : This makes us Maryland guys feel safer

Theheroguy
03-09-2007, 05:52 PM
handguns legal in dc (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17538139/)

Personaly I don't believe hand guns should be allowed for civil use since their only purpose it to kill or injure humans but anyway the people who desperately wanted guns already had them illegaly anyway and even if the government didn't sanction the armorment of handguns paople everywhere would still have them or thats what I believe

I don't believe it will increase crime noticibaly but anything potentialy helpful to criminals is bad but maybe the law abiding citizens who don't have guns needthem for protection from illegal ones idk what do you guys think

Critical
03-09-2007, 06:03 PM
When gun ownership is made easier AND laws concerning gun crimes are enforced, crime goes down. Personally I think that everyone not convicted of a felony automatically has the right to own and carry firearms, it says so in the bill of rights. I'm tired of my government telling me what I can and can not do with regards to things that they specifically DO NOT have the right to legislate.

IBTL

MVS1
03-09-2007, 07:00 PM
There are more uses for handguns than killing people. I can tell you as a owner of multiple handguns that when in certain areas there is a definite necessity to have a rapidly deployable LETHAL self-defense weapon. Now I know there are not many 800 lbs Grizzlies, Wolf packs, mountain lions, cyotes and a multitude of other hazardous animals roaming around Maryland but they do exist in many other parts of the country. Also, feel free to ask anyone who resides in a state that has open or concealed carry gun laws if they feel threatened by the fact that some citizens (that aren't criminals) are carrying handguns.
Now I'm not trying to make you made and believe me as a member of the armed forces I applaud you voicing your opinion and respect it. I just wish folks would understand that Gun Legislation making the ability to obtain a certain type of firearm never makes the crime rate go up. If you take the guns away, criminals will use knives, baseball bats, and just about anything else to perpatrate their crime.
Now with that said there is definitely some handgun types that service no real purpose other than concealment, i.e .38 caliber snub-nose special, etc. In regards to those I'm with ya they serve no purpose in society and feel free to get rid of them. There's my 2 cents, hope I didn't offend anybody too much.

durrell
03-09-2007, 07:09 PM
Regardless of laws, criminals are going to find a way to get guns. Even if the right to bear arms was taken away, criminal gun usage would still stay the same. Why take away the LEGAL right to bear arms when it won't do anything to change the illegal side of it?

As long as you guys keep this civil, we'll keep it open. But if any petty arguing starts it will be closed.

xtraking
03-09-2007, 07:18 PM
Its illegal for criminals to have and use guns anyways, so i dont see why gun control is ever proposed.

Theheroguy
03-09-2007, 10:48 PM
[QUOTE=durrell]Regardless of laws, criminals are going to find a way to get guns. QUOTE]

I said that I'm changing my opinion after consideration and belive that since criminals will always get guns banning legal people from having them is a bad idea this way guns can aso be registered and help trace poeople back to crime

DFSniper
03-10-2007, 12:08 AM
NOOOO!!!! I just had a really long post and my internet messed up when i tried to submit it... this ****ing sucks!