PDA

View Full Version : spring kit

spitfirocks
03-09-2007, 05:10 PM
whats the advantage of having an aftermarket spring kit? Help please

pb34
03-09-2007, 05:11 PM
The advantage is that you can fine tune the operation of your gun and it makes it easier to adjust to different pressure. Also, it's pretty much necessary to have if you decide to go LP.

spitfirocks
03-09-2007, 05:21 PM
whats the advantage of having a gun low pressure?

pb34
03-09-2007, 06:33 PM
Less kick, more efficiency, less wear on internals and quieter. But it can also get quite expesive when you total up all of the parts.

Read this link it's everything you need to know about low pressure (http://www.ottersccustoms.com/lp.html)

spitfirocks
03-09-2007, 09:30 PM
I already have lp, but i dont know the advantage, i just dont have springs

Sandman_Bravo
03-10-2007, 02:10 AM
I already have lp, but i dont know the advantage, i just dont have springs

what pressure are you running at? A spring kit may help you lower pressure without losing velocity and maybe lessen recoil. Also, what LP parts do you have, i.e.; valve & bolt?

Backmanshooter
03-10-2007, 04:55 AM
what pressure are you running at? A spring kit may help you lower pressure without losing velocity and maybe lessen recoil. Also, what LP parts do you have, i.e.; valve & bolt?I'm curious too. I didnt see an aftermarket valve, so you cant be going too low on your pressure. If you want less kick, try getting an alama city bolt/striker. I heard they were light and cause less kick.

Sandman_Bravo
03-10-2007, 07:26 AM
Sundragon makes a titanium striker that's Otter approved and will greatly reduce recoil, but requires a spring kit (which LP does anyway) to dial it in. Tou can also mod the stock striker but it's case hardened steel = lots of work.

spitfirocks
03-10-2007, 10:49 AM
hmm, im runnin at 180-200 usually. i have an aftermarket valve, i forgot the name tho. But my stabilizer works like a charm, and so does my vs front block with lpr gauge. Hmm i had 1 more thing but i just cant remember. THe thing i hate about low pressure is that he lower the pressure of the gun, the more volume of gas your gonna need, so in some cases, there is a very fine line between gas saver, and gas hog, so if ur gonna go lp, you needa watch for that

Backmanshooter
03-10-2007, 12:39 PM
Do you still have the stock striker? If you do..hows the kick? ;)

spitfirocks
03-10-2007, 02:46 PM
yea i have the stock stryker, but i hmm lets just say i "lightened it", and i put the gun down, and tapped the trigger with a ruler, and the gun went mack 2.3mm..so not a big deal

Sandman_Bravo
03-10-2007, 03:16 PM
hmm, im runnin at 180-200 usually. i have an aftermarket valve, i forgot the name tho. But my stabilizer works like a charm, and so does my vs front block with lpr gauge. Hmm i had 1 more thing but i just cant remember. THe thing i hate about low pressure is that he lower the pressure of the gun, the more volume of gas your gonna need, so in some cases, there is a very fine line between gas saver, and gas hog, so if ur gonna go lp, you needa watch for that

Anything lower than 600 can be considered LP. Going too low does create it's own problems and can cross over the line of efficiency. Each marker seems to have it's own sweet spot, pressure wise.

spitfirocks
03-10-2007, 03:30 PM
yea true, 200 is my sweet spot, you should try it..I get about 1200 shots off a peanut, so thats good enough and my kickback is 2.3mm