PDA

View Full Version : Get Paintball In The X Games

Jack In The Box
03-09-2007, 02:34 AM
Lets get paintball in the X Games. Sign this petition if you believe that it should be there. http://www.petitiononline.com/pb123/petition.html

marvin-martian
03-09-2007, 03:41 AM
1- i dont want paintball in the x-games

2- online petitions dont work.

TheRedBarron
03-09-2007, 09:00 AM
3. I am tired of that petition showing up once a year

splater18
03-09-2007, 09:06 AM
EDIT

that was my dumb brother sorry

i want it in the x-games in would get the sport more publicty (sp?)

samus129
03-09-2007, 09:34 AM
i could be a 1 on 1 game

durrell
03-09-2007, 10:40 AM

Kyoo Eff Tee.

Theheroguy
03-09-2007, 12:10 PM
Kyoo Eff Tee.
what

but I want paintball in the x-games and your sig assualts my eyes jack in the box

Backmanshooter
03-09-2007, 12:34 PM
He meant QFT. ;)

marvin-martian
03-09-2007, 12:35 PM
what
sound it out

your sig assualts my eyes jack in the box
so does his bolded size 16 font.

vikingshadow
03-09-2007, 01:17 PM
Personally, I don't want it in the X games anyways. I've always hated "X" things....sports were extreme before they showed up, skateboarding, bicycling and motorcross was around WAY before these "games" so no need to label them NOW.

Also, I'm not so sure I want paintball to become more "mainstream." Right now, we're enjoying the sport - if it gets in this kind of situation, it becomes a marketing thing and then EVERYONE will be doing it.

Double amen to that!

Theheroguy
03-09-2007, 02:00 PM
yeah maybe

clickclicksplat
03-09-2007, 02:12 PM
Actually, I've heard that paintball was one vote short of making it into the Olympics. I don't have any data to back that up though, just something I've been told.

08Lud08
03-09-2007, 02:22 PM
paintball is not an athletic activity so I doubt that its getting into Olympics, second paintball doesn't need to be in the x-games because they already have their own tournaments.

clickclicksplat
03-09-2007, 02:30 PM
paintball is not an athletic activity so I doubt that its getting into Olympics, second paintball doesn't need to be in the x-games because they already have their own tournaments.

Why is paintball not an athletic activity? It takes skill, stamina, and coordination among teammates just like any other team sport.

Backmanshooter
03-09-2007, 02:38 PM
Why is paintball not an athletic activity? It takes skill, stamina, and coordination among teammates just like any other team sport.Honestly...Why does it matter?

They have their own tournaments, they play it on tv like once a year, as does the Xgames.

Painball is its own, seperate sport and it should stay that way.

VS3 Sniper
03-09-2007, 02:53 PM
If paintball was in the x-games the sport would be flooded with newbs even more than right now. I also skateboard and it aggravates me when I go to a skatepark and there is a bunch of little kids on the ramps. So just think of a pb field with 20-30 kids clogging up the all bunkers and all of them being to scared to take a hit. So in the long run I would rather not have the sport of paintball in the x-games. The only thing it would do is commercialize it.

samus129
03-09-2007, 03:59 PM
So just think of a pb field with 20-30 kids clogging up the all bunkers and all of them being to scared to take a hit.

ya but for the medium/now nebs players thats good more ppl they can practice with. there will be more nebs to play agaist nobs they will learn faster.
plus they good for trying new teckneks on because they arnt in your turnement lvl

TheRedBarron
03-09-2007, 05:35 PM
ya but for the medium/now nebs players thats good more ppl they can practice with. there will be more nebs to play agaist nobs they will learn faster.
plus they good for trying new teckneks on because they arnt in your turnement lvl
uhh...
http://i4.tinypic.com/15i563b.gif

Theheroguy
03-09-2007, 06:29 PM
lol but paintball isn't played in 75+ countries so it can't be olympic

samus129
03-09-2007, 09:12 PM
if there are more ppl to watch and play against you can learn faster. more skilled ppl can use them to run drills or try new plans without other players at there skill lvl seeing it.
sorry i was kinda too tired earlyer

marvin-martian
03-09-2007, 10:34 PM
hahaha, i <3 TRB

vikingshadow
03-10-2007, 05:06 AM
10 million players in 2004 isn't enough to practice with? It's the 3rd most played "extreme" God I hate that term sport in the world, and yet we need it in the "X" games or the olympics to get more people into the sport? Come on, guys!

IMHO, the game is ellitist enough without bringing in the added pressure of adding it to this "games" or that. Let's just leave it as it is - and try to clean up the image of it before trying to mainstream it more. Until people stop being gangsta trying to "kill" people and "I'm so bad ass let's take it to the field and I'll shoot you in the face" and "OMGORZ INSERT LEET SPEAK HERE" and stop buying guns at Wal-Mart to be bad ass while they're shooting up buildings, signs and homeless people, this sport will NEVER be taken seriously enough by the average adult, let alone the average lay person, so I don't see this as a possiblity in any near future.

Oscum Guy
03-10-2007, 06:06 AM
walmart guns are very badass.:dodgy:

Backmanshooter
03-10-2007, 06:11 AM
Blade/Talons FTW ;)

Oscum Guy
03-10-2007, 06:53 AM
there overpriced to. $30 for a talon!

Backmanshooter
03-10-2007, 06:54 AM
Nahhh. My friend has BNIB for $10 :p

I'm tempted to buy it.

QAZ123
03-10-2007, 07:46 AM
It won't ever go mainstream. It's too boring to watch. If you look at any sport on tv you will notice that the camera concentrates on one thing. Most of the time is some type of ball. All players on the field are concentrated on one thing also. All spectators whether live or at home are concentrating on one thing not every single player running around doing there own moves.

I've had so many people come up to me and say "sup man watched paintball on espn friday night it was pretty cool" just to start conversation. I usually end up saying "it's boring" and they change there tune and end up saying the same thing "yeah I couldn't keep up with it or couldn't figure out what was going on half the time". Which is why the hot dog eating contest get better ratings than paintball.

And I agree about the athletic part of the sport. Some pro's/semi pro's aren't exactly what you would call conditioned or athletic. Have you ever seen some with normal clothing on? Not exactly marketable.

JB.

Oscum Guy
03-10-2007, 07:59 AM
It won't ever go mainstream. It's too boring to watch. If you look at any sport on tv you will notice that the camera concentrates on one thing. Most of the time is some type of ball. All players on the field are concentrated on one thing also. All spectators whether live or at home are concentrating on one thing not every single player running around doing there own moves.

I've had so many people come up to me and say "sup man watched paintball on espn friday night it was pretty cool" just to start conversation. I usually end up saying "it's boring" and they change there tune and end up saying the same thing "yeah I couldn't keep up with it or couldn't figure out what was going on half the time". Which is why the hot dog eating contest get better ratings than paintball.

And I agree about the athletic part of the sport. Some pro's/semi pro's aren't exactly what you would call conditioned or athletic. Have you ever seen some with normal clothing on? Not exactly marketable.

JB.
exactly. you cant watch the whole field.

Jack In The Box
03-10-2007, 08:28 AM
Assaults your eyes, hehe, guess its doing its job then. :D

what

but I want paintball in the x-games and your sig assualts my eyes jack in the box

leed
03-10-2007, 08:55 AM
Another thing is in order to put Paintball in the X-games, they have to change the format completely.

If any of you remember the whole "Moneyball" thing, that was supposed to make it more suitable for X-games and their audience. Where you only get points for flag pulls, not for getting people out.

Personally, I don't care whether or not Paintball gets into X-Games, if it does, cool, if it doesn't, cool. I'd just much rather play it than watch it.

TheRedBarron
03-10-2007, 09:45 PM
Posts #23-#26... Warned for trolling. you guys keep it up and you are gone.

samus129
03-11-2007, 05:08 PM
what is trolling??

Backmanshooter
03-11-2007, 05:10 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trolling

How my posts were trolling, I have no idea. Since they cant really start an arguement...:rolleyes:

vikingshadow
03-11-2007, 05:55 PM
That is not the only definition of trolling. A troll is someone who posts in threads that are usually off topic, make no sense and are generally designed to cause problems and are irritating to the thread starter. Usually, trolls are trying to up their post count. On the opposite end, a spammer is someone trying to direct people to a site to buy or participate in something.

Here's a BETTER definition of a troll. (http://www.themartialist.com/pecom/fieldguidetotrolls.htm) Taken from this page (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=4711&highlight=definition+troll)in our own forums....

Now, for the sake of not trolling myself, I still think that paintball needs to clean up it's image and until then, they don't need to be in the X, Y or Z games....

TheRedBarron
03-11-2007, 09:59 PM
Yes, thank you Vike, a troll posts, to bring the thread off topic. Backman your smartass comments are not appreciated, and will lead to your being kicked off this forum for good if you keep it up. You will not be warned or temp banned again.

In Internet terminology, a troll is a person who enters an established community such as an online discussion forum and intentionally tries to cause disruption, often in the form of posting messages that are inflammatory, insulting, incorrect, inaccurate, absurd, or off-topic, with the intent of provoking a reaction from others.

So did you even bother looking at the defintion there?

bigred76
03-11-2007, 11:54 PM
Hmmm.... A lot happens while I'm out, aparently. It'd be awesome to see paintball in the X-Games, but in its current state I don't think it is suitable quite yet. As Vike said, it needs to clean up its act some first.

bamf-hacker
03-12-2007, 06:46 AM
Mainstream Paintball can only HELP our sport...

The more people want to play the more fields will open. As many of you know now fields are few and far between. Some of us have to drive over an hour to get to a field to play and renegade ball, as fun as it is, can be dangerous without the proper officiating and safety gear (Chronos)

Should it be on the X-Games... NO it should still be televised though. Lets hope ESPN got enough requests to keep it on the air.

Jack In The Box
03-13-2007, 02:21 AM
It amazes me how a post simply put here to ask if you feel it should be in the X Games, and vote if you believe so, has turned into a topic of opinions and, as staff has put it, trolling.

My only intention here was to post a link, and have those that want to see it happen, make it happen. I agree and disagree with some of the reactions/opinions to this post, but I am keeping that to myself. I am here to stay up to date on products from Kingman, get help if needed with marker problems, even meet/make new friends. Aren't these the reasons these forums were made?

If you want it in the X Games, click the link and vote. If you don't, then simply don't click the link. Simple, right?

On another note, I just ordered my VS3 upgrades, can't wait for them to arrive. 3-8 days, man is it gonna be a long week.

marvin-martian
03-13-2007, 03:45 AM
nobodys getting mad at you. its an internet forum, and this is what happens. people express their opinion.

vikingshadow
03-13-2007, 04:48 AM
Yeah, I don't think there's any real arguments going on here. People like to discuss these things. It was a good topic and it's good for people to get their opinions out. That way, people are more informed about the particular topic.

Seriously, hang around for another year and see what happens closer to the Presidential Election. Last one was a bugger! I think we lost at least 3-4 members due to that one...