PDA

View Full Version : which electra to get?

majorv
03-08-2007, 02:03 PM
I have a question. My friend is set on getting an electra with eyes, but they are becoming hard to find, even on ebay. I think she wants it mainly for the break beam eyes. My question is...what if she got the 05 electra and had the eyes installed, or would it be cheaper to just wait and hope an 06 electra can be found. She is pretty new to paintball, and a friend got her a VL Lancer. She wants to upgrade to something faster and likes the Spyder. I asked her about the VS2, but she wants the option of using CO2 (plus I think she likes the looks of the electra!):) .

Thanks for any advice you can give.

MVS1
03-08-2007, 02:47 PM
You really need to talk her into a VS2 or 3, it is a better marker and about the same price. If you have an HPA tank that she can use let her, it will change her mind on sticking with CO2 when she sees the difference in accuracy.
Now if she is just sold on an 06 Electra let me know, I've got a buddy picking up a PMR this weekend that might work something out with her.

shunut
03-08-2007, 03:35 PM
I really like the Electra with Eye. I saw it perform at the field and it was pretty flawless.

CareBear-Killer
03-08-2007, 09:33 PM
the 06 electra is nice looking. It is nice to have the ability to use HPA or CO2 on it as well. I have an 05 and I love it, so I can only imagine that the 06 is better.

xSoulsx
03-10-2007, 03:54 PM
Electra 05 is a really good gun.. It shoots fast, and it looks great...So the 06 must be REALLY really good

MVS1
03-10-2007, 05:25 PM
Actually the 06 electra has some issues, the reg is not the greatest, very incosistant, the board drains the battery even when off and the eyes have a tendency to fail after a few months use. When its functioning properly it rocks, but it does have some chinks in the armor. Now I doubt many have experienced all these problems but I would bet most have experienced at least one of them. Dont get me wrong I like the electra but like just about any marker its not bulletproof.