PDA

View Full Version : Braided hose leak

smokinfastlegend
03-08-2007, 12:40 PM
Alright, i am a complete no0b to paintball, as i just picked it up about 2 months ago. I picked up an older spyder xtra (light blue in color) that had a steel braided disconnect hose (i believe thats what they called it in the manual) thats leaking C02 out. For the life of me, i can not find this hose anywhere (they dont have the correct ends to be replaced.) On top of that, my local paintball shop is closed for the next two weeks (UGH!) So I ask this, can I remove gas thru fore grip and hook up the C02 to the gun that way so I can at least play while I wait for my local shop to reopen? Or are there places I can get a replacement braided hose that will work the same? I dont want to cause damage to my marker to cause me to have to get a new one.

Thanks

noobnomore
03-26-2008, 07:47 PM
my gun does the same thing but my leak goes away as the day goes on so you might want to just see if the leak is just because the gun wont take all the air from the tank at once.

Hossy
03-26-2008, 08:06 PM
If it is in the material of the hose, you will have to use teflon tape or something of the sort, or you will have to buy a new one. You can buy them used usually in the BST section of this and other forums.
If it is not in the actual material, try to tighten the threads and make sure its not coming from them.

Welcoome to the forums! Were here to help you, so ask as many questions as you need to. Read the Ultimate Resource Thread underneath this post to learn alot!

bigred76
03-26-2008, 10:54 PM
:yeahthat:

In short and sweet, yeah, you can hook it directly into the vertical adapter if the teflon tape doesn't work.

tumtum00
03-27-2008, 05:20 AM
If you decide to get a new hose switch to macroline there is a thread in bst from macrolineguy.com awesome prices, everything you need get some extra line also. and if you have problems cut you a new line, I always cut mine about 1" too long and if it starts leaking i just cut a little off and stick it back in, and works like new.

Schecter1277
03-27-2008, 06:04 AM
For now, to actually answer the question he had. Provided they still make kingman VA the same way, yes, you should have no problem screwing the tank directly onto the VA. Make sure first that it has a small tab/pin thing sticking out in which to depress the co2 pin.