PDA

View Full Version : Is this normal?

rommelr
03-08-2007, 09:37 AM
Just have 2 curious ?'s here:

1. is it normal that when u shoot blanks or chrono the marker that the gauge needle moves left to right every single shot you take... it moves from 220 to 190 back to 220psi...

2. also is it normal for the velocity screw plug to stick out a bit when it is being shot?

if anyone can pls answer these simple yet curious ?'s, i will greatly appreciate it... thx...

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Pwgsx
03-08-2007, 11:03 AM
for your first ?, yes, with each shot the pressure is dropping for a second when the air leaves the chamber, when it refills, it goes back up.

im not sure what you meen when you say the screw sticks out a bit when shooting??

rommelr
03-08-2007, 04:26 PM
what i mean is, that it seems to look as if it's being pushed out a bit by the pressure of the air or the hammer is bouncing a bit hard on the striker buffer that it pushed the velocity screw plug back a bit... in term it seems as if it will burst out and the spring and everything else will come out too...

CareBear-Killer
03-08-2007, 10:22 PM
I would make sure that the screw is in tight, and you shouldn't have a problem. ...I don't recall my velocity screw or back end peice moving when shooting. IF yours is loose may not hurt to call kingman on it.

But as far as the gauge, once everything is broken in, it may move a little less, but it will still move as the air pressure in the marker changes.

linkman_11
03-09-2007, 08:47 PM
I had the same problem with my velocity screw back until it moved back enough that it shot out of the back and hit me in the shoulder. Just put it back in and screw it in tight and it will work fine

Hob Hayward
03-09-2007, 10:00 PM
The gauge moving is semi-normal for a reg being broken in. Put a drop or two of oil in the asa and fire the gun a few times, it might help keep pressure more consistent.

vikingshadow
03-10-2007, 05:11 AM
Or, get a faster recharging regulator. If your regulator is the stock one, chances are it's not the best one out there, nor all that great. But, I wouldn't worry about it much - my maxflo does that from time to time as well.

As far as the velocity screw is concerned, if you're worried it might come out, pull your internals and look to see if there's any damage to the end that is closer to the screw. If so, it might just be hitting it. Doesn't sound right though, so after you check that, if you're still worried, after chronoing, put some blue loctite on it and let it sit for about 20 minutes. That should keep it right where you want it.