PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tried an Apex on the MR2?

SpudmanWP
01-22-2006, 01:09 PM
Anyone tried an Apex on the MR2?

covert24
01-22-2006, 01:33 PM
well IMO i think that the apex barrel is the most useless thing ever. dont waste ur money please. in other words no i havnt tried it out.

SpudmanWP
01-22-2006, 07:43 PM
One thing that I was thinking was that the spinning ball, as it makes contact with the target, has a greater chance of breaking rather than bouncing.

I would not want to spend $120 to test my theory though :)

Recon by Fire
01-22-2006, 10:44 PM
I dropped $120 te test it out on my Tac One and promptly re-sold it for $90 as fast as I could. It does actually let you curve the ball like they say. The flatline effect does allow you to shoot further like they say. Problem is that no two balls ever go the same place and you have a shot group that resembles the proverbial side of the barn.

SpudmanWP
01-23-2006, 06:23 AM
Nuff said... JJ ceramic ok? How about JJ Edge?

bamf-hacker
01-23-2006, 06:37 AM
I already have a post running on that question.

THREAD (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=986)

HacKeR

SpudmanWP
01-23-2006, 01:09 PM
But will the Edge fit the restricted space of the MR2?

QRFleader
01-23-2006, 03:22 PM
Go with the Jand J ceramic, works awsome

SpudmanWP
01-23-2006, 06:19 PM
My position is a little unique. Due to a motorcycle accident, I cannot run. :(

Not wanting to abandon forever a sport I love, I have relegated myself to the role of snipper. By this I mean shot long, accurate, repeatable shots. I need the best shot-to-shot groups I can get because I will be waiting for people to poke their heads/loaders/feet/elbows out at the same place repeatedly.

I choose the MR2 for several reasons.
1. I fall/trip a lot :( and need a tough gun.
2. It looks cool and intimidating :)
3. The central rail is not blocked by the loader and supports a wide variety of sights.
4. Reasonable price.
5. The attached stock promotes better shot groups.

As to the choice of barrels, J&J were my first choice. I was looking at the Edge system because I again am trying for the best shot-to-shot groups I can get. For that I need the best bore matched paint I can get.

Now, the big questions....
1. Is a single piece J&J more accurate that an Edge of the same diameter and length?
2. Should I get multiple single piece barrels of different bores or an Edge style system?

QRFleader
01-24-2006, 09:40 AM
good question man, the Jand J increased my range and dec reased my shot group signifigantly, I can now hand in a fight with the A5 flatline guns. I myself was also looking at a 21"3 peice barrel, trying toi get the most range. U may have the best paerformance out of the 18" JandJ

Recon by Fire
01-24-2006, 04:38 PM
My Tac One came with a two piece J&J stock and it shoots great for me, no need to replace that one :)