PDA

View Full Version : New Gravity Fed hopper

Bilbo
03-07-2007, 01:39 PM
I just saw on Ebay a new hopper put out by a company called Archon.
Here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Archons-NEW-Revolutionary-200-Round-Gravity-fed-hopper_W0QQitemZ130086251039QQcategoryZ71157QQssPa geNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Supposedly this gravity hopper gives improved feeding but without the hassles of electronic hoppers.

Does anyone have any experience with these hoppers? Do they live up to the claims?

bamf-hacker
03-07-2007, 01:46 PM
someone here has one and reviewed it. I cant remember. Let me think about it and it will come to me.

Bilbo
03-07-2007, 01:57 PM
You are right. Someone else did review it, and gave it a thumbs down. I thought it was a brand new thing, so I didn't look for old posts. My bad.

Bilbo
04-24-2007, 08:42 AM
Update.

I just read a post on a newsgroup from someone else who tested the Archon out with electronic markers. His take was that it did in fact feed faster than a standard gravity hopper, but not fast enough to be a replacement for an electronic hopper like it claims to be. He also said that if you sat still for too long it would jam up. Running around was enough to keep it clear, but otherwise you had to shake it once in a while.

applesauce
06-07-2007, 08:28 AM
faster than agitated hoppers? doesnt a 12v revy feed at 12 bps?, whats below that in an agi hopper?

clharrell900
06-07-2007, 02:31 PM
it might feed faster than the VL quantum but it would be close

vikingshadow
06-07-2007, 02:51 PM
Quantum????? You mean the ANTI-LOADER loader???? That thing feeds backwards, it's so slow. The mere mention of that loader's name is blasphemy!

I'd have to see serious testing to believe this loader can loader faster than 12 bps, even faster than 8 bps...

shark
06-10-2007, 11:51 AM
Don't waste your money on it. I think a regular grav fed feeds faster than the Archon one fron what I could tell using them.

Nenkitsune
06-10-2007, 12:33 PM
they work better on a spyder with a bit of blowback up the feedneck. my friend has one on his mil-sim sonix (all stock internally) he recently put an esp frame on it, and the arachon hopper keeps up with it on full auto no problem

xSoulsx
06-12-2007, 10:08 AM
I would not buy it, not for the reason because it MIGHT be slow, just because an electronic hopper looks cooler on your gun than a regular hopper. =)

Protan
07-24-2007, 09:41 PM
I have one, its ok but it seems bulkier then other grav hoppers and the lid on it is all weird and doesnt clamp properly. (Probably just mine) Made a bunch of balls come out a couple times. Also I did a drop test and a plain brass eagle hopper went faster then it. They will still get a little stuck inside at the meeting spot and need to be shook more. Its not what they make it out to be in the commercial I promise you that.

spyderpilotacs05
07-25-2007, 07:19 AM
look at the link and at the bottom of the page it says where people have reviewed them. The first guy says it works better that his halo!!

Elfmaze
07-25-2007, 07:41 AM
I built something like that! we put a cone over the down tube. it does work well. obviously it will not force feed them at 20bps but with eyes you with have plenty of fire rate.

Remember, the reason we went to agitated and then force hoppers in the first place was to prevent chops. we have new technology to do that now. the average rec baller would do great with this tech mixed with eyes.

Nenkitsune
07-25-2007, 08:01 AM
look at the link and at the bottom of the page it says where people have reviewed them. The first guy says it works better that his halo!!
I actually looked into that, AND it's a legit feedback. the guy actually said that it's better than his halo

Thuryn
09-06-2007, 06:20 PM
I have one, and I like it alot. I don't have a full-auto marker, (mine's a stock MR-1), and it keeps up with firing as fast as I can pull the trigger. After an entire weekend of playing, I only dry fired twice. This was something my friends with standard gravity hoppers were plagued with, perhaps due to the humid conditions and the cheap paint we were using.

Tigerwolf
09-09-2007, 09:05 AM
I own an Archon and a halo. Firstly the Archon is better than a regular gravity hopper in terms of bunching and drop rate BUT its no halo, or any other force feed hopper for that matter. When I used my marker in semi it kept up with my rate of fire because I don't fire that fast but in burst or auto it was a joke, it did not even try to keep up. If you are going to have a relatively slow rate of fire this is a good hopper but if you want a high rate of fire this hopper is a waste of money.