PDA

View Full Version : recocking issues

cr1mson
01-22-2006, 01:09 PM
I am having recocking issues with my Imagine. It doesn't recock after each shot. What might be causing this?

covert24
01-22-2006, 01:35 PM
could be low psi. check ur psi and make sure its hgih enough for the marker to recock.

shunut
01-22-2006, 01:39 PM
:yeahthat: More details on what you gun you have and the upgrades you have would help. Your tank could be or close to being empty. Your internals could be dirty and need to be cleaned and relubed.

cr1mson
01-22-2006, 01:40 PM
I use CO2. It worked fine for about 3 weeks, but just now having probs.

shunut
01-22-2006, 01:41 PM
You have no after market upgrades? You have had you're tank filled recently?

covert24
01-22-2006, 01:45 PM
ok holdup hold up. now does this hapoen when u shoot* When u shoot it violently shakes while the bolt moves back and forth really fast???

but yea if it doesnt do that relube everything and check that ur orings arnt messed up. take verything out of ur maker*Everything invluding the valve, etc,etc* and closley inspect everything.

cr1mson
01-22-2006, 02:06 PM
Ok, I need to clarify.
I have an Imagine with a Kingman ACS bolt. It is aluminum, not delrin. No other accesssories, except a 14" PMI barrel. The tanks are full. I tried 3 different ones. I have pulled everything except the valve, and all the orings look good. I have oiled the orings to make sure also. Do I have to take off the expansion chamber to check the valve? I am going to do that tonight when I get off of work. I love the Imagine, and like I said, it has worked great. I run CO2 with no drop forward. I am awaiting a remote coil that I ordered, and I hope it might help. I thought at first it might be the temp, but it now will do it on the first shot, and the tank is not cold. It double feeds, but I know this is due to the bolt coming partly back, then me recocking it manually. The detents are still good. I guess I should check the valve and make sure there isn't any trash around it, but there shouldn't be. Thanks for any help/suggestions. Also, sorry about the double post.

bigred76
01-22-2006, 07:26 PM
OK, have you tried putting the stock bolt back into the marker?

Drayven
01-23-2006, 05:10 PM
I have a similar problem with my Rodeo, but may have it figured out. When I put compressed air on the tank, I will have problems with it not recocking. The Kingman tech just told me that I could potentially have the on/off on my psychoballistics drop forward screwed in too far, shutting off the tank. Isn't the Imagine an electronic gun? I thought those weren't supposed to work with CO2...

covert24
01-23-2006, 05:35 PM
yes imagines are electronic guns. and no they do not only run on co2 thy also work on compressed air. compressed air is also better for ur gun then co2

bigred76
01-23-2006, 05:48 PM
I have a similar problem with my Rodeo, but may have it figured out. When I put compressed air on the tank, I will have problems with it not recocking. The Kingman tech just told me that I could potentially have the on/off on my psychoballistics drop forward screwed in too far, shutting off the tank. Isn't the Imagine an electronic gun? I thought those weren't supposed to work with CO2...
No, Electro Pneumatic (EP) markers use a solenoid that have air running thru it. See Diagram below (props to OtterSC and his site for it). This is a diagram of an Intimidator, one of the standard EP markers you will see.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/bigred76/fed6a3e1.gif

Now, on an E-Spyder (like the Imagine), it works like the diagram below (Props to www.vm68.com and Chris Mader for this one) but with an electro-magnetic controlling the sear operation, and the spring is in the bottom tube.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/bigred76/026a400b.gif

Long story short, EP markers cannot use CO2 because it will destroy the solenoid on it. On Spyders, you can but it will freeze the markers at high ROF.

Drayven
01-23-2006, 05:51 PM
Thanks for the clarification. I knew most electronics couldn't use CO2 because of the freeze factor...seems like the Spyders would suffer as well..just maybe not as much permanent damage.

bigred76
01-23-2006, 05:55 PM
Spyders suffer in that the CO2 will spike, and cannot recharge faster than about 18bps. Also, the CO2 slowly corrodes o-rings and some other small stuff. HPA is a great step up, but it does cost an arm and a leg for a good tank.

TacTownKilla
01-23-2006, 07:23 PM
Could be a cup seal if its not recocking, Look round on pbnation for a 47/3k tank if your wanting a cheap hpa tank. Should be 50 bucks or under.

Oh and nice non-whoring post bigred(the one with pictars)

cr1mson
01-24-2006, 11:16 AM
I may have found the prob. I took the gun completely apart. I found a lot of paint inside of the valve. Maybe because it has an open bolt. I cleaned it really good and replaced the orings on the vertical adaptor. There were two orings, and one was a little loose. I think it is working now. I put the tank on, but I didn't tighten a hose enough and lost most of my air. After tightening, it worked good, but I ran out of air and hadn't tested it fully. I have a remote coil on the way to help with the freezing, cause I have played and froze my marker on some cold morings.

covert24
01-24-2006, 12:17 PM
told ya ;) good find and if u need any more help feel free to ask. glad u found the problem.

bigred76
01-24-2006, 12:43 PM
Oh and nice non-whoring post bigred(the one with pictars)
Thanks. :)

Yeah, if you chop a lot and then keep shooting paint and shell tends to get into the valve. I clean my entire marker out ever time i go playing even if I don't chop, so I haven't gotten that problem yet. ;)

cr1mson
01-24-2006, 04:39 PM
I was suprised at how much paint got in there. I hope this fixed it. I love my Spyder. I got my Imagine from Kingman off an auction. It was reconditioned. I got the Spyder, tank, hopper, and mask shipped for $72. My friends paid $400 for A-5's with Flatline Barrels. I owned them until my marker started messing up. I really appreciate all the help from you guys on the forums.