PDA

View Full Version : ESP frame modifications

calebh
03-06-2007, 06:49 PM
aight, so working with my ESP spimmy, i was trying to figure out where i can put the LCD and buttons. i had hoped i could take out part of the back of the grip for it. well it turns out the LCD is exactly the width of the frame. i would have to completely cut out the back to put in the LCD/membrane pad.

heres a very rough paint drawing so you have a better idea what im talking about.
http://www.maj.com/gallery/calebh/stuff/esp.bmp

if i were to cut out the back of the ESP frame like that, how much would it damage the structural integrity of the frame? how easily would the front part bend, possibly crushing the guts and breaking the LCD?

Ares
03-06-2007, 06:57 PM
i wouldnt try it. esp frames are cast aluminum so it can snap off pretty easily.

vwjimmy
03-06-2007, 07:19 PM
Run a board like a Tadeo M7 that does not use the LCD...
You can use a stick on membrane pad on the frame and put an LED right above it or wherever you like.
Have you test fitted the noid, wiring, board and battery? Looks like it will not all get in there to me, even cutting all the internal framing out....

calebh
03-13-2007, 08:06 AM
it will get in there, trust me ;) i just want to be able to see the LCD and reach the buttons. i guess i could cut a hole in the grips, but i dont want to do that. the custom grips are pretty nice

Oscum Guy
03-13-2007, 03:29 PM
put the lcd where the window is on the grip and dremel out a little on the back and glue the membrane pad over the hole and run the wires through the hole.

dremel if you with. ive dremeled esp frames before and they are fine and dont bend.

Trip
04-24-2007, 05:32 AM
are you any good at soldering? attach some wires to the switch and LED's and just drill holes where you want them to go. you can even make that custom grip, really custom!

Critical
04-24-2007, 06:08 AM
Or you could try to dremel out a slot a little below the surface of the frame.