PDA

View Full Version : Need new drill bits....don't want cheap china crap!!!

Muddytaco
03-06-2007, 04:23 PM
Well I just broke two drill bits.....drilling into delrin!!!!:mad: They were craftsman from two different sets. I have already broke several other sizes from various other projects, I refuse to buy them again.

So now i need new drill bits, I don't want any cheap made in china crap you find in the 115 piece sets for 4.99 on ebay.

I really need a #36 so I can finish making the triggers.

I checked lowes and home depot they do not carry numbered bits.

Does anybody know where I can find atleast a descent set of drill bits?

bomberpilot07
03-06-2007, 05:08 PM
if youve got craftsman bits then take them to sears cause they should have a lifetime warranty on them.

Muddytaco
03-06-2007, 05:11 PM
if youve got craftsman bits then take them to sears cause they should have a lifetime warranty on them.

didn't know they covered drill bits.

Sandman_Bravo
03-06-2007, 05:17 PM
Make sure you're using the right speed for the material you are drilling and always start with a pilot. Here is an industrial site, click on drill bits:
http://www.mcmaster.com/

Hob Hayward
03-06-2007, 05:43 PM
There are specific plastic drills, though I've never heard of a normal drill getting broken by plastic =/.

Jimmyd24
03-06-2007, 05:47 PM
yea im pretty sure craftsman has lifetime warranties on everything

splater18
03-06-2007, 05:55 PM
yea im pretty sure craftsman has lifetime warranties on everything

except their mechinacs gloves they wouldnt give me new ones and they were 20$

vwjimmy
03-06-2007, 08:09 PM
I have tons of colbalt coated first class drill bits.(Snap On mostly) I can look for you, or maybe we can trade a nice set for a trigger?
Do you have a 2K2 Timmy trigger around you could use as a model to fab me one?
Let me know bro.
Jim

Muddytaco
03-06-2007, 08:14 PM
I have tons of colbalt coated first class drill bits.(Snap On mostly) I can look for you, or maybe we can trade a nice set for a trigger?
Do you have a 2K2 Timmy trigger around you could use as a model to fab me one?
Let me know bro.
Jim

Wouldn't mind trading a trigger for some drill bits, need #36 and #29 off the top of my head.

I think I might actually have a 2k2 trigger laying around to use as a model, let me look.

PWNDuAgain
03-07-2007, 03:34 PM
^ what teh heck was the point of that, looks like someones a post whore.

I had good luck with Dewalt bits, but Craftsmen sounds better because you can get them replaced with new ones if yours brake.

Theheroguy
03-07-2007, 04:56 PM
woah hes back
edit ohh your calling me a post whore I didn't check who posted last before but I see your back and already back making people mad

PWNDuAgain
03-07-2007, 05:52 PM
I have been back for a while and just reading etc. I have seen your posts and all you do is add worthless comments. That to me is post whoring.

Mod's sorry if this is not appropriate. You can delete it if necessary. I don't want to push my warning I got.

bamf-hacker
03-07-2007, 05:57 PM
Both of you enough.

Hero you have been warned and if the trolling continues, well you know.

PWND don't start!

Taco,

Get some Snap-On drill bits. Also warrantied forever and are very high quality. Look for a truck in the area or go to a car dealer shop and ask when the Snap-On truck comes. You can also call Snap-On and they will give you the closest dealer to you.

Theheroguy
03-07-2007, 05:57 PM
trolling how okay I'm just defending myself

Backmanshooter
03-07-2007, 06:28 PM
trolling how okay I'm just defending myselfDont feed the troll...hehehe :)

QAZ123
03-07-2007, 08:01 PM
I've got top quality drill bits at work. Not warrantied but there the type electricians use to get throug angle iron/strut.

If you run out of places to look pm me I'll see what we have. I know there industrial.

JB.

leed
03-07-2007, 08:56 PM
:( I'm Chinese...

I've heard a lot of good things about SnapOn products though.