PDA

View Full Version : ACS Bolt? How does it work

PowerDrain
03-06-2007, 10:04 AM
I am looking into a new trigger for my Sonix and I see a Kingman rocker trigger for this gun with a ACS bolt. I know ACS stants for Anti-Chop System, but how does a new bolt prevent me from chopping balls?

Backmanshooter
03-06-2007, 10:06 AM
If you understand how the ACS bolt works, then you'll understand how it'll stop chopping.

old_dog
03-06-2007, 01:02 PM
I don't have an ACS bolt. But from what I have read there is a spring in tension in the bolt and it recognizes obstructions.

I'm kinda new here so I'm sure somebody will correct me if I'm wrong

OD

PowerDrain
03-06-2007, 03:46 PM
I don't know what how an ACS bolt works, that is what I am asking about?

vwjimmy
03-06-2007, 06:48 PM
It is a simple devise:
The pin attaching the bolt to the striker is not attached to the bold solidly. It is attached to a spring and guide that allows the striker to move forward WITHOUT the bolt moving if something is in its way. So the bottom tube cycles as normal, but the top bolt face stays in the cocked position because of the blockage. They require a 'break in' because the spring in the ACS is pretty stiff when new and is strong enough to chop a ball before giving way. Once they have been 'broken in' they are quite capible of firing and preventing chop.
I personally love my ACS bolts! I even run them in my low pressure markers that do not have eyes, sacrificing some pressure to gain the anti chop feature of the ACS!
Hope this helps! :)

PowerDrain
03-06-2007, 07:58 PM
Okay, now I get it. That makes a lot of sense. Thanks man, I looked around for a while on the internet to try and get that info. You saved me a lot more time of looking with no answer. :)