PDA

View Full Version : too much velocity

2noobs
03-06-2007, 08:12 AM
i have the velocity adjuster all the way out, even past the o ring and it still curves the balls. tried 5 diff kinds of paint, have a new barrel on the way. we dont have acess to a chrono, so can i cut a coil out of the velocity spring? dont want to order a new spring just yet as we want to play tomorrow. thx,,

shunut
03-06-2007, 08:51 AM
Don't cut the spring until you have a chrono. Just because it curves doen't mean your velocity is too high, maybe its too low. Wait until you have a chrono and the new barrel to cut anything.

spitfirocks
03-06-2007, 09:43 AM
the more you screw the thing in, the higher the velocity, thus the more u take it out the slower it is..you should not be able 2 see the oring

vikingshadow
03-06-2007, 09:50 AM
The thing I noticed with Spyders was that there is a "sweet spot" in the velocity adjustment. You find that exact spot, and any where above or below it does nothing. Having it "turned out all the way" isn't actually helping any. I've never heard of a spyder that was still shooting way hot at that point. Make sure you chrono as you probably aren't shooting as hot as you think. Paint condition also affects the flight path - ie, dimples, dents, lopsided, etc...

What you need is a chrono (this should be your FIRST investment - right along with a good mask - if you play in areas where there is no chrono) and a spring kit. DO NOT CUT THE SPRING! As it gets used over time, it will wear down and you will need to adjust your velocity accordingly. A spring kit is a Spyder owner's best friend!

2noobs
03-06-2007, 12:00 PM
velocity is way too hi on all 3 guns we have. i thought i read on here that u can cut spring to reduce. we're also geting barrel breaks and have tried everything from proball, rps to even monsterballs with same results.

2noobs
03-06-2007, 12:02 PM
srry didnt see last post. whats the best spring kit to buy?

Backmanshooter
03-06-2007, 12:03 PM
32 degrees. ;)

Lexmetal4
03-16-2007, 10:55 AM
Ya i let some idiot cut my spring at a field & now i can get only 260fps. It sucks so now i have 2 get a new 1 before the new season, i was like wtf. (i should make him pay for it.) He ddnt even ask me if he cood either. And if ur balls curve make sure the spring is nice and straight, and the little disc shaped piece of metal located inside the velocity tuner, make sure its there.