PDA

View Full Version : Help adding "eyes" to a Spyder Classic

Pwgsx
03-05-2007, 05:36 PM
I think I got my gun fixed and have a HALO on order, so I hope that will fix my ball chopping with the E-Frame I have on it.

I ordered the T-Board also and "bounce back eyes" for it. I read that the break beam is too hard to install b/c of the slanted ball feed.

I still need some help drilling for the bounce eye. What is the best placement, it seems when a ball is in the chamber with the gun cocked, it has a bit of room to move forward to the ball detent and back till it hits the bolt. Where should the eye hole be placed and at what height??

Also, is it best to gut a grove on the inside of the frame to run the wires down to the board?? Im trying to think of a cover for the eyes too but havent came up with anything yet.

iguanamex
03-29-2007, 09:12 PM
i would drill the holes directly in the middle of the body behind the detent under the feed neck.

shunut
03-29-2007, 09:39 PM
Use Otter's Template. It has instructions on how to drill for a breakbeam eye on a power feed Spyder.

druid
03-30-2007, 07:08 AM
Otter's template is found in "the Spyder Bible" in my sig

Pwgsx
03-30-2007, 06:57 PM
yea I did and then parted it all on ebay bc i got my pilot..........at least I know how to do it for my new gun!