PDA

View Full Version : trinity forward block

Brian
03-05-2007, 04:14 PM
does anyone know if the trinity front block (the 15* forward angle one) comes in a matte black?? because on one of the reviews on pbreview the guy said his came in a matte black even tho the pic showed glossy. also some of the pics i have seen look to be more of a matte black which i like.. so is this just me or what?

DRAGON
03-05-2007, 04:32 PM
They used to make them in flat black. Don't know if they still do or not. Thing is, the ano was crappy and scratched up very easily. Some Trinity blocks have had leaking probs. It's why I never got one for my Imagine -

Brian
03-05-2007, 04:35 PM
o really... ive been trying to find a black check it assault block.. the only reason is because its smaller than the trinity and hopefully will be less noticable on my gun.. see im trying to convery to lp and i love the way my gun looks and i really dont think the assault block would look good on my gun... maybe in flat black but idk.. its just the way i am lol

DRAGON
03-05-2007, 04:39 PM
I always see the Check-it's for sale in BST here -

Brian
03-05-2007, 04:49 PM
do you think it would be a good idea to try and mod my current VA by following the steps on oscumguys page? or is that just an accident waiting to happen

Brian
03-05-2007, 04:52 PM
why did i say oscumguy i really have no idea i meant otter lol.. i have no idea what i was thinking haha

Hob Hayward
03-05-2007, 05:39 PM
o really... ive been trying to find a black check it assault block.. the only reason is because its smaller than the trinity and hopefully will be less noticable on my gun.. see im trying to convery to lp and i love the way my gun looks and i really dont think the assault block would look good on my gun... maybe in flat black but idk.. its just the way i am lol

Are you so sure that the CIP is smaller? I have a trinity and my brothers got a CIP, the CIP actually seems larger, but I'll look tomorrow to see.

You can do otter's VA mod, but results will vary, mine didn't work too well, so I bought the trinity and it was a ton better. Also, I have had no issues with the trinity front block. I'd be curious to compare it to the CIP side by side though, next time I have the opportunity, I might test velocity with my trinity and then test velocity with my brothers CIP on my gun.

Brian
03-05-2007, 05:56 PM
oo im just going by the picture.. the trinity looks bigger but i may be wrong.. also i just looked at my VA and the hole seems pretty big and looks to be very similar to the size on otters page.. he did mention that kingman started drilling out larger holes on their newer models.. do you think that the 05 electra counts as one of the newer models? since this hole is already larger than normal, would it even be necessary to get an aftermarket VA?

Hob Hayward
03-05-2007, 06:15 PM
Yeah, I think the new VA's are actually worse than the older ones. The stock holes are a bit bigger but they don't make too much difference and certainly don't flow well enough.

Brian
03-05-2007, 06:21 PM
well maybe i could drill it out even bigger.. all i want is to keep the stock VA cuz it looks perfect with the gun lol

shunut
03-05-2007, 07:07 PM
Check eBay. I got a Bob Long/32 Degrees VA on there. It has the same look and angle that the stock VA has, but has way better flow. I used it on my LP build and I was operating at 240-250psi @ 285fps consistently. I drilled out a stock VA as much as I could and still didn't get the results I got from the BL/32* VA. Problem with drilling out a stock VA further that suggested is you run into leaking problems. Especially when you are drilling the hole that supplies air to the valve. Drill to far and you'll breach the screw hole that the mounting screw goes into.

Brian
03-06-2007, 02:21 PM
that doesnt sound too good.. ill check on ebay...

Brian
03-06-2007, 02:26 PM
ok i found the 32 degrees one but it doesnt look like any VA ive seen such as trinity.. do you have a picture of one mounted on a gu becuase i dont really understand how this works...

thanks

Brian
03-06-2007, 02:27 PM
gu is meant to be gun***

DRAGON
03-06-2007, 02:46 PM
gu is meant to be gun***

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/images/buttons/edit.gif is meant to be used as editing a post to avoid spamming the forums with unnecessary posts. Use it wisely - :o

Brian
03-06-2007, 02:54 PM
my bad.. did see that. im a noob.. does bob long no longer sell VA's for spyders or something because i really would like to see them

Hob Hayward
03-06-2007, 04:14 PM
Yeah, they're rare, I haven't ever had luck finding one.