PDA

View Full Version : I Finally Gave Up.

Brandon_MR2
03-05-2007, 03:33 PM
Well, i tried and tried to get my MR2 to stop chopping. Just had to give up. Has anyone heard if this is a problem from the factory w/ them chopping balls or any other clues?

BTW I bought an epiphany and it's amazing.

Backmanshooter
03-05-2007, 03:33 PM
And you had to buy an epiphany....Shame shame. :p ;)

VS3 Sniper
03-05-2007, 05:15 PM
Do u have a force feed hopper? Do u have a hpa system? Did u replace the detents? have u broken in the acs bolt? post here so we can help u more.

DRAGON
03-05-2007, 05:21 PM
QUITTER!!!!!!

Pip's are nice. I shot one at the WCO. I don't like Ion's but the Pip at least has a little integrity since it's all metal -

I'm still working on my MR2. If I had more time it would be done -

I think there are a few design flaws:

1) Is that crappy ACS bolt(mine's gone) -

2) The micro-switch was a bad choice by Kingman. They should really have stuck with their old switches with this HP marker. The lever switches tend to intensify bounce. Bounce at 25bps is basically a disaster w/o an eye system. Mine's LP so the bounce issue is completely gone -

3) They should have never installed a rubber detent with a marker that has a cap of 25bps. They could have easily put a Cocker type detent on the opposite side of the feedneck. This will prolly be a future mod I will do to mine -

4) The board cap is waaaaaay too high for a HP marker w/o eyes. 15bps would have been just fine for a Milsim marker -

Those are just a few things I think is causing the chop probs with the MR2's -

MR2 Woodsballer
03-05-2007, 06:40 PM
QUITTER!!!!!!

Pip's are nice. I shot one at the WCO. I don't like Ion's but the Pip at least has a little integrity since it's all metal -

I'm still working on my MR2. If I had more time it would be done -

I think there are a few design flaws:

1) Is that crappy ACS bolt(mine's gone) -

2) The micro-switch was a bad choice by Kingman. They should really have stuck with their old switches with this HP marker. The lever switches tend to intensify bounce. Bounce at 25bps is basically a disaster w/o an eye system. Mine's LP so the bounce issue is completely gone -

3) They should have never installed a rubber detent with a marker that has a cap of 25bps. They could have easily put a Cocker type detent on the opposite side of the feedneck. This will prolly be a future mod I will do to mine -

4) The board cap is waaaaaay too high for a HP marker w/o eyes. 15bps would have been just fine for a Milsim marker -

Those are just a few things I think is causing the chop probs with the MR2's -

I spent a lil bit of time breaking in my ACS bolt, I did ViperX's mod to my microswitch, bought a Halo B w/Rip, a Crossfire 68ci 4500psi tank, and I only use (quality paint) Marballizer. Just a few things I reccomend to those who aren't happy with their MR2s. (I have not had a chop yet)

ttam13xlpb
03-05-2007, 06:55 PM
i previously owned an mr2 and i also gave up on it...plus i wanted a lighter gun for speedball...dont do much woodsball anymore.

Xtreme
03-05-2007, 07:11 PM
Brandon,

Well I cant same that you didnt try, but I sort of done the same thing, I went out an bought an ION, and its amazing, I play woodsball but love that its light, I am installing the long bow setup on it shortly, but just like my MR its been modded alot, the only thing Im waiting on is an APE board. I cant say that I had any chopping issues with mr MR, but I have but only a few times, but at that time I hadnt done much in to it, but my friend was having all kinds of trouble with his, he sold it and then later bought another, he just sold the second one yesterday on ebay. I have to much in to it to depart plus Im one of those that cant give up, I just bought a Tboard for my MR today, that is the last mod I do for awhile, I think the only thing left is a RAP4 stock. Well I wish you well, and IMO go Smart Parts you cant go wrong! Im gonna get flamed for that one, oh well!

Hob Hayward
03-05-2007, 07:18 PM
If you're using the stock bolt, switch to one with a good breach seal, best I can think of is the alamo city pb bolt, with o-rings. Get that, put a bit of shocker lube on the o-rings and see how it works. I would bet your problems would be solved with it.

Glasher
03-05-2007, 08:14 PM
If you're using the stock bolt, switch to one with a good breach seal, best I can think of is the alamo city pb bolt, with o-rings. Get that, put a bit of shocker lube on the o-rings and see how it works. I would bet your problems would be solved with it.

What he said, I had major chop issues before I bought my AC Bolt. Regulator is also a way to keep form choping and keeping the ACS

headhunter06
03-06-2007, 05:12 PM
hey brandon, are you still using the stock ACS bolt, cuz if you are maybe you can try doing this: Try pumping your ACS bolt manully and see if the ACS mechanism slides easily, if not or if it get stuck somewhere before you can press it all the way down then the ACS is not working properly. You can try sanding down the inside until the it slides easily, just make sure that you dont over do it. Try this and see if it helps.

Duktoer
03-06-2007, 07:37 PM
hey brandon, are you still using the stock ACS bolt, cuz if you are maybe you can try doing this: Try pumping your ACS bolt manully and see if the ACS mechanism slides easily, if not or if it get stuck somewhere before you can press it all the way down then the ACS is not working properly. You can try sanding down the inside until the it slides easily, just make sure that you dont over do it. Try this and see if it helps.

"sanding" Im from latinamerica (Mexico)...can you help me with the term "sanding"...please someone explain me =) in toher words. Thanks in advanced

powderBurnz
03-07-2007, 11:19 AM
Sanding=taking a piece of sandpaper and rubbing onto a surface to wear it down and/or smooth it out.

Duktoer
03-07-2007, 02:21 PM
Thank you!! sanding= lijar

Hob Hayward
03-07-2007, 03:00 PM
What he said, I had major chop issues before I bought my AC Bolt. Regulator is also a way to keep form choping and keeping the ACS

Note to kingman: offer either both the ACS and another good sealing bolt, or just junk the ACS and get something with a breach seal.

Glasher
03-07-2007, 03:42 PM
Note to kingman: offer either both the ACS and another good sealing bolt, or just junk the ACS and get something with a breach seal.

Couldn't had said better...the idea is good but maybe put o-rings on it ?

Brandon_MR2
03-07-2007, 07:15 PM
I tried the alamo city bolt and striker. striker didnt work at all. gun would blurp out. still had breaks it wasn't very often. but always right when i needed it the most! lol. with the alamo city bolt if it breaks one the gun stays off until u completely clean it. i use compressed air. i just cant do it. lol. anybody want to buy an mr2 4 cheap?

Hob Hayward
03-07-2007, 07:34 PM
Get a spring kit when using a lightened striker, its essential. I'd get the 32* one. Also, if you haven't yet, I'd suggest trying to lube the striker- sure its delrin, but oil always makes things slide better. They use high grade delrin so swelling should not be an issue. The reason it fails to recock is most likely that you should be using a lighter valve spring, and were you to couple that with a lighter main spring, kick would be lessened.

If you don't want to bother with that, take the the Alamo City striker out and use the stock one. Put some dow33 or similar grease on the two or three o-rings and try from there.

Glasher
03-07-2007, 08:15 PM
I must say thats the only product from Alamo City that I hate, the striker been simply so bad for me...I just polished my striker it's better. Did you oiled your o-rings on your AC bolt ? You should and it's made of a non sweling derlin so you can put oil on the o-rings with no fear.

The Booth Man
03-07-2007, 08:42 PM
I tried the alamo city bolt and striker. striker didnt work at all. gun would blurp out. still had breaks it wasn't very often. but always right when i needed it the most! lol. with the alamo city bolt if it breaks one the gun stays off until u completely clean it. i use compressed air. i just cant do it. lol. anybody want to buy an mr2 4 cheap?

how much?

MR2 Woodsballer
03-07-2007, 08:45 PM
I am intrested in the alamo city bolt if your really wanting to sell.

VS3 Sniper
03-07-2007, 11:20 PM
might be interested in ur mr2. If u really want to sell lmk. pm me

Brandon_MR2
03-08-2007, 03:59 AM
I will get rid of the gun w/ everything on it for $200. I only used it three times. Has the alomo bolt and i will give the striker w/ it. T-board which does actually work like its supposed to. 16" J&J barrel. i have about $270 atleast in the gun.

MR2 Woodsballer
03-08-2007, 07:53 AM
are you intrested in parting out the bolt and striker? possibly t-board?

Brandon_MR2
03-08-2007, 01:57 PM
nah, i want to sell it together. just want to ship it one time and be done w/ it.

MR2 Woodsballer
03-08-2007, 02:03 PM
Well if it dosent sell right away let me know.

DRAGON
03-08-2007, 02:44 PM
Closed. Start a BST thread for all this -