PDA

View Full Version : New computer New problems

Nenkitsune
03-04-2007, 09:21 AM
wellmy duron rig finally kicked the can (more like, got kicked over by my sister) and i bought a 754 system. it's an amd athlon 64 3000 and a biostar nf325-a7 board. got it as a combo deal. anyways, i'm overclocking it, and i overclocked it from 2ghz to 2.45 ghz. i had the voltage at 1.52v but i don't think it was enough (failed prime 95 after 1 hour) so i kicked it up 2% more. it's at like 1.58 now. temps aren't bad 46-47 full load, 37 idle (i just applied thermal grease last night) but i'm having one weird issue. socket 754 has an 800mhz htt, when i overclock it, the fsb is 245, so naturally i lowered the multiplyer for the htt to 3x, putting it in the 730ish range i belive. well at 1.52v at 3x htt it fails prime 95 after 20 minutes, but, if the htt is at 980mhz (190mhz higer than it should) it failed after an hour. so i raised the voltage kept it at 4x to see what happens. but why the hell is it more stable with such a high hyper transport?!

yod3r
03-04-2007, 10:29 AM
lol could you put that in english please, srry but i hav no idea what you just said. I guess i dont know computers that well

Backmanshooter
03-04-2007, 10:32 AM
I know exactly what he said.

He said Michael Jackson came over and they played barbie dolls. After that, they took a trip to the basement and played "hangman" except with a little boy. They then spank the little boy everytime they guessed a letter wrong.
When they finished, they returned to his bedroom and "took a nap".

And thats why he cant walk correctly. :dodgy:

I would like that in english terms as well. ;)

Nenkitsune
03-04-2007, 10:39 AM
haha, yeah, i'm a huge computer geek. have been since 2nd grade. anyways, my computer is just weird. but i think i finally got everything sorted out.

TheRedBarron
03-04-2007, 03:08 PM
I know exactly what he said.

He said Michael Jackson came over and they played barbie dolls. After that, they took a trip to the basement and played "hangman" except with a little boy. They then spank the little boy everytime they guessed a letter wrong.
When they finished, they returned to his bedroom and "took a nap".

And thats why he cant walk correctly. :dodgy:

I would like that in english terms as well. ;)

Do you really need another warning for ass-hatery?