PDA

View Full Version : Need Some input??

fwgericke
03-04-2007, 06:24 AM
Hey guys, just wanted to ask, I seem to be having a problem with double firing on my pilot, every time i play, ill screw my tank in, first few shot will be good, and then ill start getting double firing, not double feeds, but like a double fire. I spoke about this a while back, I tried fixing the problem, thought it was bounce, adjusted the trigger, still got a problem. So i thought, why not try other firing modes, three shot burst, etc.. cause that would cap it to 13 bps or less, but even pulling the trigger and holding it in would result in a double fire and a chop.:mad:
Thought it was the noid being shimmed too much, but it wasnt that cause i even removed the coin and still had a problem.

Can the velocity being too high cause theseproblems?? Because im getting heavy kick as well.

I Really donno what else to do or what to ask you guys,

Please Help:confused: :confused:

Backmanshooter
03-04-2007, 06:58 AM
It sounds like bounce to me.

Halucin8
03-04-2007, 07:07 AM
still sounds like bounce but hvae you had your marker over the chrono? the heavy kick is prolly causing the bounce no matter where you have the trigger set. make sure you set it to 285 fps or so and then start adjusting the trigger you should be able to get rid of the bounce.

fwgericke
03-04-2007, 07:38 AM
So you guys dont think that its any other problem, but that??, I chronoed today and it shot +- 290, one or two spiked tp about 310, but thats what you get with co2. do you think i should drop to the point where it never goes over 300 ???

Backmanshooter
03-04-2007, 07:39 AM
drop it to 275-280. adjust your trigger as well.

fwgericke
03-04-2007, 08:23 AM
Im just, wondering, is it still possible to get bounce even when pulling the trigger totally in and not letting go??

Backmanshooter
03-04-2007, 09:31 AM
That wouldnt be bounce. That'd be full auto. ;)

Hob Hayward
03-04-2007, 09:40 AM
Eh, I'd confirm your tank is full, and the striker is lubed.

Also, what board are you using?

fwgericke
03-04-2007, 09:44 AM
It even happened in semi. Thats the problem. Its strange

And I filled my tank before playing and cleaned and lubed my marker before going to play.

Backmanshooter
03-04-2007, 09:47 AM
If its in semi, why would you hold it down? :rolleyes:

spitfirocks
03-04-2007, 09:48 AM
well, the only thing i can think of is bounce, even if u adjusted it, it will still happen, so if you want to avoid this, you are going to have to put the trigger far away from the receiver, or you can get a new trigger. The reason is because spyders have a very hard kickback, which result in ur finger pulling the trigger more than once without you noticing it

Hob Hayward
03-04-2007, 09:49 AM
What board?

And have you also confirmed that there isn't anything like a broken o-ring obstructing air flow? Oil the valve o-rings, make sure it goes in the right way. Also check the cup seal.

Unlike everyone else, I highly doubt that this is bounce.

fwgericke
03-04-2007, 10:00 AM
If its in semi, why would you hold it down? :rolleyes:

What im trying to say is that ill fire a shot and not depress the trigger and still get a double fire. It stuffed up my whole day playing.:(

fwgericke
03-04-2007, 10:04 AM
I took it apart today at home and checked everything, I had just replaced all the orings and cleaned and checked my marker the night before as not to have any problems at the range.So i donno. Can your trigger switch be set off on its own from the kick of the marker??

spitfirocks
03-04-2007, 12:57 PM
listen, even when its on semi u can experience bounce even if u dont know it..becuase ofr the .1 second that your finger is on the trigger, it will bounch in 1/10 of a second, which is 1/5 of a millisecond, so it happens so fast its nearly impossible 2 catch it in some cases. just make ur trigger farther away from the reciever, mine iss really close, and i dont have bounce becuase i got a sick roller trigger for 14 bucks, and it solved the prob.

Backmanshooter
03-04-2007, 01:07 PM
Yes. You can be hitting the switch a few times when you only thing its once. ;)

spitfirocks
03-04-2007, 01:24 PM
right, like above me said...if u think of it..20 bps means ur pullin the trigger 2 times in every 1/10th of a second. so if u pull it, a bounce can appear in 1/10th of a millisecond, now thats really hard 2 see.

Hob Hayward
03-04-2007, 03:37 PM
If you're still using the stock switch, there is no way its bounce. However if you modded your switch, it is possible.

spitfirocks
03-04-2007, 04:34 PM
If you're still using the stock switch, there is no way its bounce. However if you modded your switch, it is possible.

with stock trigger, bounce is possible. I actually did a project on this, and with the stock 05 pilot acs reactive responce trigger, your 52% likely to be feelin trigger bounce, with the roller trigger you 11% likely to be feelin trigger bounce. I only know so much, becuase i conducted many many experiments on this matter

fwgericke
03-04-2007, 11:35 PM
I am still using the stock switch and I even put a heavier spring in the trigger to get a sharper return. My trigger is sitting about a 1/4 of an inch of the switch.

So guys what would the best solution be to prevent this from happening or reduce it a lot, cause it happens too much to make playing even remotely pleasant.

Sorry im asking stupid questions but i just really donno what to do, cause ive already tried so much.

Thanks in advance

spitfirocks
03-05-2007, 03:44 PM
get a new trigger

fxdbi
03-05-2007, 04:22 PM
I have yet to get trigger bounce and I have set my trigger up to sit about 4 sheets of paper from the micro switch and set the stop screw to stop it just after it actuates the trigger.

Just to ask as a general question does it seem to be more intermittent on the pilots or more a consistent problem with them?