PDA

View Full Version : Couture dominates Silva!!!!

vwjimmy
03-03-2007, 09:14 PM
Tonight in Columbus Ohio, Randy 'The Natural' Couture beat down the UFC Heavyweight Champion Tim Silva. Silva is 13 years younger, 50 lbs heavier, and has a 11.5" reach advantage.
Any fan of the UFC can tell you that Silva, while huge, is not a great fighter. He gained and held his title purly with his size and stature. Couture saw the holes in his game, and at 43 years old, came out of retirement and beat that buffy down for 25 straight minutes!!!!!!!
:punch:
Couture is now a five time UFC Champion (three time heavyweight, two time light-heavyweight)
WOOT for Randy!!!!!!!!!! :applause:

MVS1
03-03-2007, 09:21 PM
My favorite saying, replayed once again...age and experience over youth and vitality...Good job Randy!!

BrianT
03-03-2007, 09:27 PM
my fav fighter is silvia....i was sad, but i would i rather randy beat him than some punk

timmyshoota
03-03-2007, 10:48 PM
When my friend asked for my prediction, I laughed. Then I saw Randy put Sylvia on his ass with his first punch and my jaw dropped. From that moment on I was rooting for Randy to win. I was speechless when he won. I don't agree at all with what you say about Sylvia not being a great fighter. If it wasn't for his size he wouldn't be so good, but he uses his size well. He even said it himself, he wasn't prepared to box with Randy. He knew Randy would come at him and give him a fight, but he was expecting a different fight, which gave Couture the advantage. I don't expect him to hold the belt very long, but he definitely earned it and showed why he's a hall of famer.

I would really love to see a card in the near future with Rampage v.Lidell, Silva v. Franklin, and Cro Cop v. Couture. I think that'd be an amazing night of fights. All of those matchups will happen soon, but it'd be awesome to see them all on one night.

vwjimmy
03-03-2007, 11:04 PM
That would be a great card...but Cro Cop would probably kill Randy.
I think Tim Silvia could be a great fighter....but he sure doesn't seem to work like one or have any interest in improving his game...maybe this will wake him up.

QAZ123
03-04-2007, 05:34 AM
I didn't think Randy would have won but good job for him.

I hate watching Sylvia with a passion. If it wasn't Randy beating him last night it would just be Cro-Crop beating him in the next couple month's.

Randy won't hold the title long imo.

Probably will see Franklin/Silva again soon.

Wish my boy Lytle would have won but at least he didn't get killed.

JB.

yod3r
03-04-2007, 07:21 AM
dang i really wanted to c that fight, makes me mad that i missed it

big_daddy_d
03-04-2007, 05:57 PM
dang i really wanted to c that fight, makes me mad that i missed it
youtube...

***ral getting KTFO'd was vicious...