PDA

View Full Version : Mp3 player problem

08Lud08
03-01-2007, 04:19 PM
I Just got a new power supply for my computer because my old one died and now when I plug my mp3 player in it my computer doesn't recognize it. Now my mp3 player wont charge on the computer or let me put music on it. do you guys know a way to fix this?

WhatThaSmurf
03-01-2007, 04:33 PM
What program do you use to sync music to your mp3 player?

08Lud08
03-02-2007, 11:13 AM
I use Zen MicroPhoto Media Explorer, thats the one that came with my mp3 player. I checked the site and it said to install windows sp2. I went to Microsoft and went to download it and it said my activation code was blocked. That made no sense because Ive done other updates that worked. what should I do, Is there a driver or something I can download to make my mp3 player work.

kidonfire
03-02-2007, 12:19 PM
Did it come with a CD? if it did, then install the CD first. I had that happen with a GPS and it would not work until I installed the CD.

colonel_moo
03-02-2007, 12:29 PM
I use Zen MicroPhoto Media Explorer, thats the one that came with my mp3 player. I checked the site and it said to install windows sp2. I went to Microsoft and went to download it and it said my activation code was blocked. That made no sense because Ive done other updates that worked. what should I do, Is there a driver or something I can download to make my mp3 player work.

well, for starters, get a legit version of windows.

try uninstalling all the drivers for it, then install the CD, then plug in the MP3 player.

Hob Hayward
03-02-2007, 12:34 PM
If it won't charge more likely its an issue of the USB being bad either on the comp or maybe the cable is bad, because windows computers usually pick up creative MP3 players without any drivers, and it should charge without drivers.

Ace24
03-02-2007, 02:27 PM
If it won't charge more likely its an issue of the USB being bad either on the comp or maybe the cable is bad, because windows computers usually pick up creative MP3 players without any drivers, and it should charge without drivers.

Charging has nothing to do with the MP3 player software... It is a power through the USB issue. When your powerpack went, it's possible that it fried the USB ports. Did you have it professionally put back in, or did you do it yourself? It is also possible that you wired something wrong. Wich could have caused them to burn out as well.

I don't really think it's an issue with your programs if your MP3 player isnt charging or letting you upload. More of a USB problem. It is possible you uninstalled the USB drivers by mistake. Therefore the USB is not in existance to your computer, therefore not being powered, or recognised.

What kind of computer do you have? I can find the drivers for you easily.

leed
03-02-2007, 02:42 PM
Charging has nothing to do with the MP3 player software... It is a power through the USB issue. When your powerpack went, it's possible that it fried the USB ports. Did you have it professionally put back in, or did you do it yourself? It is also possible that you wired something wrong. Wich could have caused them to burn out as well.

I don't really think it's an issue with your programs if your MP3 player isnt charging or letting you upload. More of a USB problem. It is possible you uninstalled the USB drivers by mistake. Therefore the USB is not in existance to your computer, therefore not being powered, or recognised.

What kind of computer do you have? I can find the drivers for you easily.

Well if he fried the USB ports, than it wouldn't even know it's there at all (not just not recognize it), unless it only fried some parts. But as mentioned, if it doesn't charge, it's not any software, because without any software, when you plug it in, it should charge.

However, Creative.com should have all the drivers you need for your MP3 player, particularly because it's not a newly released MP3 player.

colonel_moo
03-02-2007, 06:49 PM

yes, it picks up the MP3 player and installs the drivers automatically, or they are already there. the drivers it installs/already has can be corrupt and need re-installing.

08Lud08
03-02-2007, 08:24 PM
it worked before I fixed my computer. I wired the usb right because it recognizes the player as zen microphoto. It wont charge or let me use the software to add songs.

08Lud08
03-05-2007, 05:08 PM
now the sp2 update works. I hate windows, and I suck at computers.

Hob Hayward
03-05-2007, 05:38 PM
LoL, well Linux ftw.

calebh
03-05-2007, 07:28 PM
I suck at computers.
that's why you play paintball :P

Ace24
03-06-2007, 08:03 PM
It sounds like your wire connecting from your MP3 player to your computer is damaged. Also, make sure your putting it in the right way (the USB side and the MP3 player side).

08Lud08
03-07-2007, 02:11 PM
no it was the update. the wire is fine.