PDA

View Full Version : Money, money, money...........

DRAGON
01-21-2006, 08:21 PM
Thought that'd get your attention........

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e356/dbn71mgd/newnik2.jpg

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e356/dbn71mgd/newnik.jpg

WTF is up with dis? Don't pay too much attention to change but haven't seen these til tonight. HUH? - :confused:

big_daddy_d
01-21-2006, 08:22 PM
That is one jacked up nickel...

DRAGON
01-21-2006, 08:24 PM
You seen these in circulation yet? -

geeZus
01-21-2006, 08:29 PM
Wait...its gold on one side?

I swear this makes my job at a register suck. I keep thinking I have foreign money in my register. I'm gonna throw a fit is they do anything else.

covert24
01-21-2006, 08:32 PM
its the new buffalo nickel. im serious. the old buffalow nickel had no gold plate on it. yesive seen the circulation

DRAGON
01-21-2006, 08:40 PM
Wait...its gold on one side?..........

Nah, just the way I had the camera set for that pic. Didn't feel like taking it over. Both sides are knickel. At least we haven't reverted to the monopoly looking funny money like out friends to the north. Took the family to Niagra Falls on the Canadian side one summer and it was hell using that stuff, If you use American dollars they rip you off on exchange so funny money it was -

geeZus
01-21-2006, 08:44 PM
Okay, I've seen those, and I thought it was foreign. Pissed me off.

Funny story about "money".

In the MWR(Morale, Welfare, Recreation for you non Navy people) magazine, we had Free Game of Bowling coupons. Now those magazines are like all magazines, on glossy paper. This stupid woman came up and tried to pay with COLOR PHOTO COPIED COUPONS. I mean come on, our coupons are on glossy paper, and she handed me something that you'd stick in your printer at home. I wanted to punch her in the face for being stupid.

Drefish99
01-21-2006, 08:59 PM
I had one of those nickels yesterday. I saw it and didn't think nothing of it and bought me a bag of peanuts. Now I realize my error. I lose :(

Nader
01-21-2006, 09:06 PM
Heh...5 cents for a bag of peanuts!? heck yes!!!
lol we got a bunch of those in at my work...they look like someone cut out around a quarter and made it smaller...

bigred76
01-21-2006, 10:10 PM
I have one like that and one with the same front, but the back is a cliff view with a couple redwoods on it saying "Ocean / in view! / O! The joy!" These have been out for a while now LOL.

EDIT: Wow, I have no life...555 posts. :eek:

DFSniper
01-22-2006, 03:38 AM
lol, G, i wouldve knocked her out too! its not like she's gonna lose something important just by cutting the coupon out...
does the Navy MWR have paintball fields? all the American ones over here are run by the Army MWR or Rod & Gun clubs

as for the nickel, i saw ONE last week.

shunut
01-22-2006, 03:46 AM
I do believe that there are 4 new nickles in circulation. The buffalo head, like dragon posted. The "Ocean View" as Tim mentioned. Then there are 2 other ones, the "Keelboat" and the "Louisiana Purchase/Peace Medal". All of the nickles have the same front. Its kind of like the commemorative nickle collection, like the state quarters. There will also be another nickle released this year, the "Return to Monticello" nickle, also with Jefferson on the front.

colonel_moo
01-22-2006, 06:08 AM
i dont know why the mint is wasting time changing nickels around. nobody likes them... i usually put everything thats not a quarter in the "take a penny, leave a penny" tray.

i mean... what are you gonna do with a nickel? nobody uses change anymore (except quarters).

phatphil
01-22-2006, 07:35 AM
Nifty.

kif
01-22-2006, 07:54 AM
I have one of those that I keep in my wallet.

Pics:
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y117/kifkif/DSCF0215.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y117/kifkif/DSCF0214.jpg

geeZus
01-22-2006, 09:14 AM
lol, G, i wouldve knocked her out too! its not like she's gonna lose something important just by cutting the coupon out...
does the Navy MWR have paintball fields? all the American ones over here are run by the Army MWR or Rod & Gun clubs

as for the nickel, i saw ONE last week.
No fields here on base. The only military places that have had bases have been Army, but they were run by outside companies, just used land from the base.

Ares
01-22-2006, 09:51 AM
i dont know why the mint is wasting time changing nickels around. nobody likes them... i usually put everything thats not a quarter in the "take a penny, leave a penny" tray.

i mean... what are you gonna do with a nickel? nobody uses change anymore (except quarters).
ive saved all my change since 9/15/05 and i have $74.60. $ 51.75 is quarters, but thats still $20 from the other coins

leed
01-22-2006, 10:07 AM
There is also a nickel with a Ship on one side instead of the buffalo, and one with a hillside/lake or something on one side instead of the buffalo. You guys are late.. :dodgy: They've been out since before christmas.

DRAGON
01-22-2006, 05:16 PM
Interesting about the other k-nick's, I'll be watching for those. Now we have k-new k-nicks, quarters & dollars, I suppose next will have to be dimes -

chubb0rz
01-23-2006, 03:17 AM
The ref used one of these we were playing in the finals on saturday. It was funny because I called heads in the air and when it landed it was on the buffalo. Everyone was like "wtf is that?!"

bamf-hacker
01-23-2006, 04:25 AM
ive saved all my change since 9/15/05 and i have $74.60. $ 51.75 is quarters, but thats still $20 from the other coins

I have been saving all change for almost 15 years and went to the bank a few months ago. I had one of those big bottle banks and it was 3/4 full. It had almost $1400 in it. It took me over an hour at the bank to run it through one of those coin counting machines.

and back on topic... They are redoing money like crazy. It is no different than the new quarters. It is all annoying. Just keep the coins the way they have always been. It is not like someone is counterfeiting nickels :)

HacKeR