PDA

View Full Version : MR2 Board Died

Xtreme
02-28-2007, 11:42 PM
Well, I pulled my MR out tonight and went to turn it on but no light, so I changed the battery and still no light, so I pulled the cover and I noticed a burnt spot on the the lower right corner of the board, the crappy part, I dont have alot of money for a new tboard, which was going to be an upgrade in the future, but my newborn son has taken up all my funds, so I was wondering if anyone knew if it was possible to have the stock repaired or if anyone had a stock board they were looking to get rid of at a cheap price. Thanks.

shunut
03-01-2007, 06:17 AM
contact kingman, maybe they will replace the board.

ViperX
03-01-2007, 06:20 AM
What exactly is burnt on the board, can you tell?

P.s. I'm an electronics tech and have done PCB repair. May be able to help you for the cost of replacement parts, as long as the programmed IC(the one with the little red dot) isn't damaged the rest can be replaced for the cost of cents per piece.

Jegger24
03-01-2007, 03:10 PM
I've got my stock 06 Electra board if that would work... If anyone else knows if it would be compatible....

Xtreme
03-01-2007, 05:43 PM
Well I dint know what its called but the part that is burned up is in between the switch and the connector for the charger, there are four small(tiny) rectangles the two closes to the edge are burned together. But I am back up and running for now, a friend bought a tboard for his MR3 and let me have his board, but the reason he got rid of his is because 3 rod burst doesnt work which seems odd, but hey Im up and running until I can save for the tboard myself. Thank you for everyone that helped.

ViperX
03-02-2007, 08:33 AM
Are you sending the board back to Kingman or what?? If you are thinking about tossing it don't, I'd like to see it and if you don't mind, take a look at the photo attachment and re-explain what parts are "burnt". I believe you said the 4 rectangles between the switch and charge port? I think you meant between the switch and LED light indicator. If so, those are resistors and aren't even worth half a cent a piece and I'm being generous here. They are not hard to replace if you have the right tools. let me know what you plan on doing with the board, I'm pretty confident I could fix it for you at the cost of shipment and the price for parts which wouldn't be very much.

let me know what you think.

Xtreme
03-02-2007, 12:35 PM
Viper,

You are correct its between the switch and the led, sorry I work mids and was pretty tired yesterday(new baby) anyway, I did not plan on sending it back to kingman, and the only time I have ever dealt with those kind of resistor was on an old playstation, but I also dont know to even get them, if you want to give it shot, go for it, just let me know where to send it. Have you ever troubleshoot a board be for, because right now I am using a friend old mr3 board and only semi and f/a work the led light up for 3 rd but it only fires semi, got any ideas.
http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/7088/mr2board2gm4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)