PDA

View Full Version : Lube

bizzarro
01-21-2006, 07:58 PM
I dont have a paintball shop anywhere close so i went to ****s sporting goods . wanted to get some gun oil to lube my rings , alll i could find was something called < Rem Oil > says Proven superior for cleaning , lubricating and corrosion-protecting fine firearms and ideal for all outdoor sports and marine equipment. Think thats ok , plz send info , dont wanna ruin our guns as im the only one that knows how to take apart and clean them

shunut
01-21-2006, 08:06 PM
If its absolutely the only thing you can use, it will work, but I'm not recommending it. The best description I could find for it says its good for metal to metal contact, so thats good. I'm not sure what it will do to the orings thought because it says it has Teflon in it. I'm not sure if the Teflon will react similar to how silicon reacts and make the oring expand, which you don't want. I'd buy some paintball oil online and have it shipped to you if you don't have any place to buy it from near you. If you order it online I'd go for some Gold Cup, it a good paintball oil for your orings.

Welcome to the forum.

DRAGON
01-21-2006, 08:10 PM
Don't use Rem oil. It'll turn the o-rings to goo eventually. Go somewhere else -

bizzarro
01-21-2006, 10:26 PM
Thanks guys . Really appreciate your imput. Be safe , Have fun and most of all shoot the guy who didnt pich in for the beer

Sac
01-24-2006, 06:45 AM
go to a bike shop and pick up some tri-flow lubricant, i used it for years on orings and it works great.