PDA

View Full Version : TIMMY HELPP ahh

DyNasty9
02-28-2007, 01:14 PM
so i might have in my possesion a nasty alias timmy soon. preveiw pictars (http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o96/Nickrox2006/?action=view&current=Picture047-1.jpg)

but ya i basically know nothing about timmys. i know there kinda like spyders with the whole poppet and pin thing, but they got a ram.:confused:
anyway if someone could just give me a quick low down on them that would be greatly appreciated. i downloaded a manual already and im reading that too.

Also would tuning an alias be just like tuning my pm? set the reg at the chrono then adjust the LPR till i get no drop off?

Team Ramrod
02-28-2007, 01:46 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v36/thunderpig/yaaaaaaaaaaaaytimmayanimationmoreframes.gif

Help at all? I'll leave the specifics up to someone with more knowledge, as I've never owned a Timmy, just shot one or two.

DyNasty9
02-28-2007, 02:35 PM
that refreshed my memory on spyders, lol... does the low pressure air that pushes the ram come out the back of the gun when it cycles?

Oscum Guy
02-28-2007, 02:36 PM
so i might have in my possesion a nasty alias timmy soon. preveiw pictars (http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o96/Nickrox2006/?action=view&current=Picture047-1.jpg)

but ya i basically know nothing about timmys. i know there kinda like spyders with the whole poppet and pin thing, but they got a ram.:confused:
anyway if someone could just give me a quick low down on them that would be greatly appreciated. i downloaded a manual already and im reading that too.

Also would tuning an alias be just like tuning my pm? set the reg at the chrono then adjust the LPR till i get no drop off?
i know how you feel. i know how it operates and stuff but the electronics confuse me.

DyNasty9
02-28-2007, 02:45 PM
i know how you feel. i know how it operates and stuff but the electronics confuse me.
well ya, what im looking for is just like a quick what not to do with it/what to be careful with.
like the owner of a new kinda of gun hes never owned before speech.:rolleyes:

big_daddy_d
02-28-2007, 02:57 PM
Back out your HPR and LPR until they are flush with the reg body. Give your HPR 2 full turns then set your LPR to 75 PSI and from there you can adjust your HPR to get the velocity you want. This is the proper way I have been told to set your regs and be able to sweetspot them for optimal performance.

Oscum Guy
02-28-2007, 03:05 PM
flush with the reg body??

big_daddy_d
03-08-2007, 01:44 PM
flush with the reg body, yup.

vwjimmy
03-08-2007, 03:20 PM
Here is the method I use:
1. When you first gas up your Timmy for a day of paintball, screw in your tank (or turn on the on/off ASA). Your gun will pressurize and you will be able to fire it.

2. Take a hex wrench and back the set screw of your LP Reg out (counter clock-wise) until it is flush with the end cap. Do the same to the HP reg. Fire your marker a few times as you do this and you will immediately notice that the system loses pressure to the point that it will not cycle (Kinda like when you de-gas a CO2 bottle from a marker).

3. After both reg screws are flush and the gun cannot fire, slowly begin turning the LP reg screw in (clock-wise) in small increaments (i.e. 1/16 of a turn) as you fire the gun. Keep doing this until your main gauge reads 85 psi. Now your opperating pressure is set.

4. After you have set the operating to 85 psi, slowly screw in the set screws in the the HP reg (clock-wise), until you see about 4 threads. This should put you in the neighborhood of 250-310 fps.

5. Go to a chrono and fine turn the HP reg setting until your marker is shooting at the velocity you want.

timmyshoota
03-08-2007, 03:58 PM
I always set my LPR to 75-80psi on an Alias and just leave it there. I know Bob says to set it each time you play, but frankly I've never had an issue with it.

Hit me up on AIM: mauleball - I can answer any questions you have.

shunut
03-08-2007, 04:33 PM
:yeahthat:

I have my LPR set at 80psi on my Spimmy. It seems to stay there pretty consistantly.

Nader
03-08-2007, 07:03 PM
I always set my LPR to 75-80psi on an Alias and just leave it there. I know Bob says to set it each time you play, but frankly I've never had an issue with it.

Hit me up on AIM: mauleball - I can answer any questions you have.

Bob sets the regs every day of play for consistency, he never degases his gun once they are set.

If you don't feel like setting the regs every time, just set it at 75-80psi and leave it. You won't have as great consistency, but the difference is minimal.

Critical
03-09-2007, 01:22 PM
Are there 2 gauges on a timmy to be able to set the pressures? The manual says there is one mounted on the HPR, but how do you tell the pressure of the LPR?

Oscum Guy
03-09-2007, 02:39 PM
you use the guage on the front block.

Nader
03-09-2007, 02:42 PM
The only gauge on my timmy is the LPR gauge. The gauge is mounted on the front block.

The LPR should be set at 80psi, and then use the HPR to adjust your FPS.
I don't need a gauge on the HPR, as I just turn it up/down to adjust the FPS.