PDA

View Full Version : scopes

chagrinback49
02-28-2007, 01:03 PM
I found out that any airsoft scope or sight will work on a mr2. its muc cheaper than buying a $70 paintball scope.

H:\DCIM\101HP407

Taillo
02-28-2007, 02:15 PM
There is no scope for airsoft or for paintball, scopes are universal, its generaly just paintball shops that makes the price higher.

Real tough scope or dot that cost more than 100$ are extremely well built and are made to withstand a firearm's recoil. For any other usage, (paintball, airsoft, pellets) cheapers scopes are replicas, fakes, refurbished or second-hand manufactured.

Airsoft shops are a good place to buy cheaps scopes for paintball usage because they have items for all finances.

The only thing important is to know the rail on mr series is a standard 20mm rail, and will take any weaver, picatinny or RIS attachments. The method of attachments is the key element. If a scope is designed to fit only on a type of gun, it will not fit on a picatinny/weaver rail.

Example: you cant buy a 600$ dragunov scope, because it does not fit on picatinny rails.

But any rifle scope will fit if it is designed to be attached with ring mounts and if you have the right ring mounts.
Keep in mind you also have space restriction because of the feedneck and the carry handle on the mr2 and because of the cocking knob on the mr1.

Ebay has tons of cheaper scopes, just check on the description to see if the mounting rings will fit a 20mm rail.

darth massacre
03-01-2007, 01:25 AM
You can always buy a $1200 trijicon or a $500 Aimpoint or a $900 EOtech if you're talking about high price.

As Taillo said, as long as it fits the 20mm rail you can put the scope on almost any weapon that has the rail installed. Personally I use a BSA red dot. Not too expensive like Trijicons or the Aimpoints but made for hunting rifles. In fact its the same scope that I used on my hunting bow a few years ago. The only problem with scopes in paintball comes when it gets hit. It was plenty fun trying to clean the goo off my red dot.

Oh and Chargrin - you need to upload your pictures to the web if you want to post images - We can't see what's on your H:\ drive.

Voodoo27909
03-01-2007, 09:20 AM
Iv got a standard BSA scope on my MR2 from Walmart (around $25.00??). It isnt much on helping me hit anything...but it sure works wonders on finding sneaky little players hiding in the brush!!! Lol.

Hob Hayward
03-01-2007, 12:12 PM
I got an NCStar 30mm Red dot for my phantom, it uses dovetail rails which was actually the reason I got the NCStar over any others, dovetail is much harder to find, but I know they'd have in weaver as well. In any case, its pretty darn good for the $35 shipped I payed for it new on Ebay.

All I can say is DON'T get a cheap plastic one, the one I got is fully watertight and strong enough to take a paintball hit straight in the lens. However, initially I was shipped the wrong site, which had a plastic body, and compared to the correct one they sent me later far weaker, and I doubt it would have stood much impact, in addition to the issue of cleaning it.