PDA

View Full Version : Lol, complete change of toopic but urgent (for me)

PBBLITZ
02-28-2007, 12:34 PM
Hey everybody. Just gt my marker, wooo!:D but since im in the uk, the mains voltage output is 230V. Now, im no wiz at physics so can anyone tel me if i could run the plug (which has 120V input on it) without a transformer or would i need to purchase one? ny help kingman? tnx a lot!

Oscum Guy
02-28-2007, 12:37 PM
your main outpt is 230?!?!?! holy crap!!!

yes you need a transformer. dont blow things up.

and if im correct than the standard outlet can't do that many volts. it would have to be shaped different, have more prongs and be bigger.

PBBLITZ
02-28-2007, 02:10 PM
lol phew, glad i asked then! thanks for the help! now i gotta go get a silly transformer >:(

Hob Hayward
02-28-2007, 02:27 PM
Yeah, the UK wall sockets put out alot more power for some reason. I'm almost surprised you don't already have some sort of transformer for US stuffses. IF not, I'd bet they sell em.

Also, were you to hook up that charger, you'd blow up your battery most likely because the output voltage would be twice as high. Actually, nvm, the stock charger only has an output of 5.5v or so I think? were you to plug it into your socket it'd put out around 9v, and it being a 9v battery should be able to take it. Don't quote me on that though, I bet someone around here could tell you for sure.

PBBLITZ
02-28-2007, 03:07 PM
alrite. tnx for all the help so far btw. Has anyone else got any further updates? im not sur wheter i got the funds now for a transformer so...grrr.lol

old_dog
02-28-2007, 04:52 PM
OK
What you need is a Step Down Converter. It converts 220 volts down to 120 volts
I have one and I think it cost me something like US $10.00.

it's just a little box that plugs into your wall outlet.
Google this -- >> Step Down Converter

hope this helps

OD
Ok I did the work for ya.
http://www.voltage-converter-transformers.com/light-duty-voltage-converter.html
VM 250 - Light Duty Step Down Converter - 50W
Lght Duty Voltage Converter = US $6.99

PBBLITZ
03-01-2007, 11:18 AM
lol, tnx for the help! One-step closer to owning the paintball field....i hope! :D