PDA

View Full Version : funny story

bracer028
02-27-2007, 06:53 PM
i was testing my gun today on my balcony. Just dry firing to shoot out oil. Then some lady across the street saw me shoot my purple pump gun. She called the police and told them that I was shooting a rifle at her.

The police came over with a warrant and searched my house.

the funniest part was when the officers questioned me and asked me what i did. I said i was in law school and he said i hope you don't become a public defender. *******. Then another cop said how old are you. I said i was 25. And he said i acted like a 3 year old for shooting my paintball gun outside my house.

Kids. Don't dry fire outside your back yard.

Zero_webb
02-27-2007, 07:01 PM
Cops and paintballers are like oil and water.
Every single time someone decides to fire a few on my school, I get dragged to the office and interrogated by our campus police. It sucks badly, and yeah i'm 15 so they treat me the same way.

MadMan66
02-27-2007, 07:12 PM
that's why i'm scared to shoot in my yard. i live right across the street from a school.

oldnewb
02-27-2007, 07:49 PM
Just for the record, not ALL cops are against paintball. In fact, paintball is an event at the World Police and Fire Games, which is like the Olympics for police officers and firefighters held once every 2 years.

Judging by your story, the problem was more about people firing off paintball guns around clueless bystanders who couldn't tell the difference between a paintball marker from a real gun. Trust me, even if your marker is annodized bright blue, has a garbage can sized air tank on it, and a hopper the size of a basketball on top, there are some people who will still run for cover and call the cops. In turn, the cops HAVE to respond to the call, since the 911 operator can't tell if the caller knows what they're talking about or not.

I work with a bunch of ERT officers (known as SWAT down in the States), and every Halloween they end up running all around town responding to so-called "gunshots heard" calls. 99.9999% of the time it's just some kids firing off some roman candles and blowing up tiny firecrackers.

yod3r
02-27-2007, 08:29 PM
haha iv never once gotten in trouble from shooting my paintball gun here in town and iv played in at least 3 times in my backyard with about 3 people. We finally stopped because we hit my neighbors boat a couple times and we felt really bad so we went and washed it off even though we did wash all the paint from other peoples house to begin with. And yes we did ask them if we could b4 hand.

avantpaintballer99
02-27-2007, 08:36 PM
oops ive broken that rule way to many times

DRAGON
02-27-2007, 09:42 PM
...........She called the police and told them that I was shooting a rifle at her.........

Guess she thought you musta been a pretty damned bad shot huh? - :dodgy:

linkman_11
02-28-2007, 01:34 PM
lol awesome story

Oscum Guy
02-28-2007, 01:50 PM
the cop called you an *******?

clickclicksplat
02-28-2007, 06:40 PM
Some people are just retarded... Stupid lady. And I'm not sure why the cops were such d-bags to you...

Only time I've ever gotten in trouble for a paintball-related incident was during spirit week one year. On class color day everyone goes insane, paints their face, hair, etc, and alot of people run around spraying those aerosol cans of hair paint in your face. One time I just got tired of it and smashed a neon-green (our color) DBX practice-grade paintball on some guy's head (bought a half crate off someone who rented once, didn't use the whole box, and never played again). Naturally he went and complained to the vice principle...

yod3r
02-28-2007, 07:05 PM
wow what a woman, at our school if somebody sprayed hair paint in someones face then theyd just punch them in the face lol

Hob Hayward
02-28-2007, 07:18 PM
LoL, I live really near a school. Its behind my house about 500 or so feet with a strip of woods in between us and them.

Primarily I've just shot potatoes at the school, but thats only because its the best target I've got. There are hundreds of potatoes on the roof (I'm not exaggerating when I say hundreds- I have 4 potato guns).

Anyways, I haven't taken any crap from anyone surprisingly considering that I frequently test my PB guns outside, shoot my potato guns and launch rockets on occasion.

Worst thats happened was when a couple of my friends and I stuck a D engine in a stomp rocket, and some guy yelled at us, but all we had to do was say "model rocketry" and it got us out of it :P.

Zero_webb
02-28-2007, 07:27 PM
LoL, I live really near a school. Its behind my house about 500 or so feet with a strip of woods in between us and them.

Same way with me, but the strip of woods is where X-country practices, so there's been one reported case where my sister and myself have been told we were close to shooting a few runner while gun testing and the such.

STRIKEFIRST
03-01-2007, 10:14 AM
i was testing my gun today on my balcony. Just dry firing to shoot out oil. Then some lady across the street saw me shoot my purple pump gun. She called the police and told them that I was shooting a rifle at her.

the funniest part was when the officers questioned me and asked me what i did. I said i was in law school and he said i hope you don't become a public defender. ***hole. Then another cop said how old are you. I said i was 25. And he said i acted like a 3 year old for shooting my paintball gun outside my house.

Cops...I love cops...my step dad was a cop...have respect for most cops...

Him I would of told to keep his personal insults to himself and to pack his a**...and then I would of called his supervisor.

"No officer you don't have to worry about me being a public defender...I want to represent police officers in internal affairs!"

timbertiger20
03-01-2007, 08:32 PM

the funniest part was when the officers questioned me and asked me what i did. I said i was in law school and he said i hope you don't become a public defender. *******. Then another cop said how old are you. I said i was 25. And he said i acted like a 3 year old for shooting my paintball gun outside my house.

LOL.....did you look at the warrant? I sincerely doubt they had a warrant! They had to respond to the call immediately and therefore would not have a warrant......it would have taken several hours to get one! You should have asked that officer if he let his 3 year old shoot a paintball marker outside of his house or do you let him shoot it indoors. Lots of prick cops out there! Personally I just have them call the house while on my way over there! Then I sneak up to the door and ask some questions! Warrants typically take several hours!

bracer028
03-01-2007, 08:48 PM
i've heard if police are responding to a "life threatening" call, they do not need a warrant...i assume thats the case here.

samus129
03-02-2007, 07:57 AM
only if they are with S.W.A.T.

timbertiger20
03-02-2007, 08:58 AM
That's true but you said they had a warrant. If it's in the issue of public safety they can go into your house. However they can't go search for a weapon! They can remove the occupants of the house and clear it. Then the plain view doctrine comes into play. If they see anything laying out as evidence or contraband they can seize it. They can only check where someone might be hiding in the house. Not in a desk or in a case or what not! I watched a cops episode the other night and the secondary officer opened the door to the passenger side while the other officer asked for the driver's license. The first cop asked the kid to get out of the car. The other officer proceeded to search the vehicle. There's a law suit. They didn't find anything and the guy wasn't being arrested. They can search a vehicle subject to arrest. Not a house!

newkid
03-02-2007, 07:28 PM
living in the country ftw!

SupaSnipa
03-03-2007, 08:11 AM
ya my dad is on our swat team & he gets calls like that sometimes

Backmanshooter
03-03-2007, 09:23 AM
I dont know how the story was supposed to be funny but ya. :p

I live in a very close neighborhood. 2 on side, 3 on back. I shoot out there all the time, and even with my 3 bb guns. I have been in my room with the barrel of my bb guns sticking out my window. I have yet to get the police called on me.

Luck of the Irish I suppose. ;)