PDA

View Full Version : Grandpa's work in progress

pbgrandpa
02-27-2007, 12:59 PM
I had so much fun doing the MR2 i decied to start to work on an MR1. Have the ACP bolt...rocking trigger...Q-loader...SMG 3" barrel....and the M4 stock from RAP4(which i don't recommend)had to modify it to fit good. More to come.http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/3531/mr1rc0.jpg

MVS1
02-27-2007, 01:26 PM
Sweet...Loose the stock and it'll look like a MAC-10

pbgrandpa
02-27-2007, 01:30 PM
It needs something i'm just not sure yet what it is :confused:

newkid
02-27-2007, 01:46 PM
looks good, but where are you going to put the Qloader?

pbgrandpa
02-27-2007, 01:56 PM
looks good, but where are you going to put the Qloader?Q-loader is on the other side...the pod faces back along the stock.

Crimson.Soldier
02-27-2007, 01:56 PM
looks good, but where are you going to put the Qloader?
Yeah, I'm interested in where you'll put the QLoader too. I'm trying to find a better place for my MR1. It's mounted to the feedneck facing the same direction as the barrel right now.

It needs something i'm just not sure yet what it is

I think it needs a carry handle; except for that stOOpid top cocking knob. I was going to try and make a rear cocking system like the MR2 that would be built right into a carry handle that could just be bolted onto the MR1's rail. Anyone know how?

yod3r
02-27-2007, 02:01 PM
dang that looks pretty nice, i like everything but the barrel. I dont know y but i dont think that looks good. If my mr2 doesnt start working well then im going to sell it and start an mr1 project sort of like that. Props tho for the work so far, if you change anything be sure to post some pics

Maxx-Damage
02-27-2007, 02:01 PM
Red dot scope would look nice, or a laser. Nice gun to, next gun better be a Mr3 based gun.

pbgrandpa
02-27-2007, 02:21 PM
Yeah, I'm interested in where you'll put the QLoader too. I'm trying to find a better place for my MR1. It's mounted to the feedneck facing the same direction as the barrel right now.

I think it needs a carry handle; except for that stOOpid top cocking knob. I was going to try and make a rear cocking system like the MR2 that would be built right into a carry handle that could just be bolted onto the MR1's rail. Anyone know how?This is how i mounted it....http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/6230/mr1qyo5.jpg

Oscum Guy
02-27-2007, 03:12 PM
what kinda barrel is that?

rocking trigger bad.

pbgrandpa
02-27-2007, 03:20 PM
what kinda barrel is that?

rocking trigger bad.That's a 3" smg from rap4.com. It's gonna have to go for it's waaaay to loud. You don't like the Rocking Trigger????? I got a good deal on it, that's why it's on there.

Oscum Guy
02-27-2007, 03:24 PM
thats why my electra has an esp frame. lol. 3"!?!?! that concept doesnt happen in my mind.

pbgrandpa
02-27-2007, 03:33 PM
Well it's a work in progress, I'll probably change things a dozen times before i come up with something i like.

yod3r
02-27-2007, 03:39 PM
if you dont mind, how much did you get the rocking trigger for cuz im looking into getting one

also i liked how you mounted the qloader but wouldnt that be hard to reload it

pbgrandpa
02-27-2007, 03:51 PM
if you dont mind, how much did you get the rocking trigger for cuz im looking into getting one

also i liked how you mounted the qloader but wouldnt that be hard to reload itI bought it from a local guy who decided he didn't like it. $45 and it came with the stickies. I like the reverse pod better than the forward facing. I shoot left handed and it's much easier getting the pod in and out.

yod3r
02-27-2007, 05:47 PM
dang thats a really good deal, i want one but i definatly dont want to spend 100 bucks for one

jimj90
02-28-2007, 04:52 AM
I'm new....to paintball and MR1 markers....is that accurate at ALL with a barrel that short? It looks great!

Oscum Guy
02-28-2007, 11:32 AM
I bought it from a local guy who decided he didn't like it. $45 and it came with the stickies. I like the reverse pod better than the forward facing. I shoot left handed and it's much easier getting the pod in and out.
wow... it even came with stickies. that is a good deal!!

Hokie Bird
02-28-2007, 11:38 AM
I had so much fun doing the MR2 i decied to start to work on an MR1. Have the ACP bolt...rocking trigger...Q-loader...SMG 3" barrel....and the M4 stock from RAP4(which i don't recommend)had to modify it to fit good. More to come.
What didn't you like about the RAP4 stock? How did you have to modify it to fit?

pbgrandpa
02-28-2007, 06:11 PM
I'm new....to paintball and MR1 markers....is that accurate at ALL with a barrel that short? It looks great!I haven't put any paint thru it yet. I thought it looked good but it's loud.

pbgrandpa
02-28-2007, 06:15 PM
What didn't you like about the RAP4 stock? How did you have to modify it to fit?It didn't mount up tight. It was real loose in the gun.Had to have it tapped . Then it hit the vel adj, and had to mill out a slot for that. Just way to much trouble IMO.

Ace24
03-01-2007, 05:55 PM
Hey Grandpa.. How did you get the remote to run through the foregrip like that? I want to do that with my MR1... I don't like the bottomline look.

pbgrandpa
03-02-2007, 01:19 PM
Hey Grandpa.. How did you get the remote to run through the foregrip like that? I want to do that with my MR1... I don't like the bottomline look.Like this....http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/3763/remoteel1.jpg

Ace24
03-02-2007, 02:38 PM
What exactly am I looking at there? And does that quick dissconnect?

pbgrandpa
03-02-2007, 02:44 PM
What exactly am I looking at there? And does that quick dissconnect?Yea it's a Q/disconnect. I just replace the original hose w/ the q/disconnect and ran the remote thru the mag.

MR2 Woodsballer
03-05-2007, 12:03 PM
That's a 3" smg from rap4.com. It's gonna have to go for it's waaaay to loud.

Let me know when you wanna sell it and how much do u want for it?

pbgrandpa
03-07-2007, 04:02 AM
Let me know when you wanna sell it and how much do u want for it?PMed ya

Xtreme
03-07-2007, 04:27 AM
PBgrandpa,

I was kind of curious myself about that RAP4 stock, according to the pics on thier site it shows that stock attached to the hole where the velocity adjustment was, so it isnt designed to go there. See link to see what Im talking about.

http://rap4.com/paintball/os/spyder-carbine-buttstock-p-2687.html

pbgrandpa
03-07-2007, 04:34 AM
PBgrandpa,

I was kind of curious myself about that RAP4 stock, according to the pics on thier site it shows that stock attached to the hole where the velocity adjustment was, so it isnt designed to go there. See link to see what Im talking about.

http://rap4.com/paintball/os/spyder-carbine-buttstock-p-2687.htmlYea it was supposed to go where the vel adj is but it was just loose as all get out.So i just had it tapped and moved it up where the factory stock attached. It was cheaper than sending it back and paying a restocking fee. RAP4 stuff is usually good but this one stinks.

Xtreme
03-07-2007, 02:14 PM
well thanx for the heads up, and saving $40 bucks, good luck that MR1 looks good.

pbgrandpa
03-07-2007, 02:14 PM
Well I put some paint thru it today. It did surprisingly well considerering the short barrel. Not as loud with the paint as compared to dry firing. Accuracy is decent considering, but nothing to write home about. It handled all modes of firing and no ball breaks(yeaaa) more to come

DRAGON
03-07-2007, 02:31 PM
The efficiency will go to hell with that short barrel. The ball has no time to reach velocity(6" HP 8" LP) so to compensate you'll have to increase the volume of pressure to reach a decent velocity. It's a similar affect with longer barrels but a bit different. The extended drag requires more pressure volume. If the barrel has no porting, once the ball reaches a certain distance(don't have the scientific data) rather than a push, the ball creates a suction which slows it down. More volume is required to compensate for the suction -

STRIKEFIRST
03-08-2007, 08:15 AM
You do good work captain!

Hmmm...I hadn't thought about a milsim project before...Maybe after my GZ restore!

pbgrandpa
03-08-2007, 07:29 PM
The efficiency will go to hell with that short barrel. The ball has no time to reach velocity(6" HP 8" LP) so to compensate you'll have to increase the volume of pressure to reach a decent velocity. It's a similar affect with longer barrels but a bit different. The extended drag requires more pressure volume. If the barrel has no porting, once the ball reaches a certain distance(don't have the scientific data) rather than a push, the ball creates a suction which slows it down. More volume is required to compensate for the suction -I understand what your saying. But I'm not having a problem reaching a decent velocity, it's to much velocity. It's shooting way to hard.I know in theory it doesn't make sense. I have a spring kit on the way and plan on some more tuning when it arrives. As far as efficiency goes i haven't shot it enough to really tell.

lilc
03-19-2007, 10:33 PM
...SMG 3" barrel....and the M4 stock from RAP4(which i don't recommend)had to modify it to fit good.
Love the shorty barrel. I use an End Game Stub Nose 3-incher on my Tippmann A-5, and it's cool. :)

Yeah, I prefer the APP Hittmann M4 car-stock for Spyders. It fits the MR1 really nicely, has four positions, and has a built-in tools-free rear velocity adjuster for $40-$60 depending on vendor. The sad part is that out of the box the RVA doesn't actually work properly, and you have to do a cheap DIY mod to fix it. Once you do, it's a very sweet (and convenient) setup...

http://www.pbase.com/image/75238704.jpg

pbgrandpa
04-06-2007, 08:22 AM
It's now VS3 Sniper's work in progress. He bought it. I'm sure he'll post up some more pics.