PDA

View Full Version : CP Long reg macroline removal

bungeye
02-27-2007, 01:14 AM
Hey, i asked how to do this a few months ago, and noone knew how to. i just looked at it again, and figured that you can. I serched these forums and found noone still didnt know how. Insert an allen wrench (i think i used 1/8 or 3/16 into the macroline fitting and unscrew. i found this strange as i email CP and they said you can remove it.

Please tell me if everyone anredy knows this.

bamf-hacker
02-27-2007, 06:54 AM
Yes you can remove it but you can only replace it with another straight fitting. The 90* fitting wont fit.

timmyshoota
02-27-2007, 06:58 AM
Would it be possible to put a straight SS fitting in there? to use as like an extension? I haven't ever looked at it.

druid
02-27-2007, 11:04 AM
that may work but I'd think you'd have to dremel off the points that make the "nut" to get it to go into the mounting port...then, where the extension joins the line, LockTite the **** out of it so it didn't separate when removing the line

Oscum Guy
02-27-2007, 11:21 AM
Hey, i asked how to do this a few months ago, and noone knew how to. i just looked at it again, and figured that you can. I serched these forums and found noone still didnt know how. Insert an allen wrench (i think i used 1/8 or 3/16 into the macroline fitting and unscrew. i found this strange as i email CP and they said you can remove it.

Please tell me if everyone anredy knows this.

i knew taht. i meean, there is like an allen screw hole on the fitting. lol

that may work but I'd think you'd have to dremel off the points that make the "nut" to get it to go into the mounting port...then, where the extension joins the line, LockTite the **** out of it so it didn't separate when removing the line
and ruin an awesome reg.

Would it be possible to put a straight SS fitting in there? to use as like an extension? I haven't ever looked at it.
what an ss fitting??

Yes you can remove it but you can only replace it with another straight fitting. The 90* fitting wont fit.
that sux. 90* fitting are better cuz they use less macro line and they look cooler.

i knew taht. i meean, there is like an allen screw hole on the fitting. lol

and ruin an awesome reg.

what an ss fitting??

that sux. 90* fitting are better cuz they use less macro line and they look cooler.
lol, i quote my self.

bamf-hacker
02-27-2007, 11:26 AM
If you want a 90* on your CP reg get the shorty reg. You can use what ever fitting you like on it.

Oscum Guy
02-27-2007, 11:32 AM
the thing about the shorty is that its really small (i use it to hold, lol.) and just doesnt look as cool as the long one. and you cant mount a guage.but it does cost less.

is there a difference in performance?

bungeye
02-27-2007, 03:47 PM
i screwed a 90* macroline in. its held in by about 5 threds. no leaks at all.

Oscum Guy
02-27-2007, 03:59 PM
ima try that.

druid
02-27-2007, 05:36 PM
and ruin an awesome reg.
I think you are misunderstanding what I said.
What I said has NOTHING to do with modding any reg...I proposed modding the FITTING that goes INTO the reg...
What timmyshoot said was to get a straight fitting and add it to the 90* so it goes into the reg. I said to dremel the "nut" portion of the STRAIGHT FITTING so that it goes into the reg's port with ease. I also said to locktite the **** out of the joint between the 90* fitting and the straight fitting...NOT the straight fitting into the reg.

Locktite

druid
02-27-2007, 05:37 PM
and ruin an awesome reg.
I think you are misunderstanding what I said.
What I said has NOTHING to do with modding any reg...I proposed modding the FITTING that goes INTO the reg...
What timmyshoot said was to get a straight fitting and add it to the 90* so it goes into the reg. I said to dremel the "nut" portion of the STRAIGHT FITTING so that it goes into the reg's port with ease. I also said to locktite the **** out of the joint between the 90* fitting and the straight fitting...NOT the straight fitting into the reg.

Locktite the straight and 90* fittings together and use teflon tape on the straight fitting that goes into the reg....

Oscum Guy
02-28-2007, 11:10 AM
i read That^. just to let you know.

that seems like a good idea, but would cost alot for its purpose

timmyshoota
02-28-2007, 03:46 PM
i read That^. just to let you know.

that seems like a good idea, but would cost alot for its purpose

Not really, its $6 for 2 fittings.

Oscum Guy
02-28-2007, 03:47 PM
at the local proshop near me its $5 for 1 macro swivel fitting.

timmyshoota
02-28-2007, 03:50 PM
I never pay for fittings anyways, but its $3-4 for a fitting here.