02-23-2007, 03:08 PM
Larry johnson from the kansas city chiefs does the same thing
now who did it first:thinking:

yod3r
02-23-2007, 04:04 PM
alot of pro athletes lately have been doing that sign

VS3 Sniper
02-23-2007, 06:23 PM
Jay-z did it first i think. But Diamond Dallas Page did it to. So I don't know.

vikingshadow
02-23-2007, 06:55 PM
Van Halen was doing it back in the 80's.....

08Lud08
02-23-2007, 07:06 PM
Jay-z did it first i think. But Diamond Dallas Page did it to. So I don't know.
I think he tried to sue jay z but that is stupid.

Theheroguy
02-23-2007, 07:31 PM
Van Halen was doing it back in the 80's.....
fine make us look stupid I bet he didn't invent it either

vikingshadow
02-23-2007, 07:47 PM
Nah, I don't think they did - it's been around quite awhile. It's pretty much the universal signal for, um, well, a female's private areas. Variations are the two finger split peace sign, the above shown picture, the above shown pictures but with the fingers in the classic "rockers" sign, etc.....

Theheroguy
02-23-2007, 07:50 PM
dude everyone I know views that as a signal for dynasty

timmyshoota
02-23-2007, 08:11 PM
If you listen to Jay-Z its reffered to as the dynasty sign at times, which is where Dynasty probably picked it up from.

BrianT
02-24-2007, 05:08 AM
If you listen to Jay-Z its reffered to as the dynasty sign at times, which is where Dynasty probably picked it up from.

yeah probably, I mean do it from time to time.

vikingshadow
02-24-2007, 05:20 AM
dude everyone I know views that as a signal for dynasty

Dynasty the team, or dynasty the political structure? See, I don't even know who Jay-Z is, nor listen to his music, but I'm old so I have an excuse! ;)

I'm just telling you that back in my day, we used it as the symbol for, well, what I said before, all the time when I was in college and high school so there were alternate uses for it. Many rock bands used to do it back then, and even had it on their videos a few times.

I'm actually ashamed I know this part - I remember watching Diamond Dallas Page use it, first as his symbol, then for what I refered to - his woman would strut out, then he would follow her flashing the symbol as a diamond above his head, then lower it and stretch it out, then stick his tongue through it - he only did it a few times, but I think he was told to quit because of the meaning...as far as wrestling goes, even DX USED to start their symbol with it above their heads, then slam it down to their midsections - it's been changed to be the "X" thing since then, though.

It's interesting how things had different meanings in different generations...

leed
02-24-2007, 07:22 AM
Isn't it actually the universal sign for the male sex organ? If it's upside down, say it was thrown to their midsection, palms on the chest, then it'd be the female sex organ.

"The upward moving triangle is sometimes called the blade (the chalice and blade figure ceremonially in many ritual magic operations). It is a symbol of aspiration or rising up, male force, and fire. It is purely phallic in origin. The triangle represents aspiration, rising forcem and the male principal.

The downward pointing triangle is sometimes referred to as the chalice. It is the symbol of water (as it flows downward), the grace of heaven, and the womb. it is one of the most ancient symbols of female divinity, as a representation of the genitalia of the goddess."

The symbol has been since before even Vike.. I mean look at the Star of David.. It's supposed to be a "intertwining" of the two, or something. However, the Hand signal, I'm not so sure about.

vikingshadow
02-24-2007, 08:20 AM
The symbol has been since before even Vike.. I mean look at the Star of David.. It's supposed to be a "intertwining" of the two, or something. However, the Hand signal, I'm not so sure about.

Shens! Nothing was around before me - except a couple of the older geezers here....

Yeah, I thought of that when I was typing as well! The Da Vinci code and all!

Theheroguy
02-24-2007, 08:38 AM
it's dynasty as in the political structure except in Jay-Z's case it meant his musical dynasty