PDA

View Full Version : Who's giving up what for lent?

Moe
02-21-2007, 09:00 AM
Well, I do believe that lent starts today. What are we all giving up? For those religious, of course. And even those not religious. It is a good excuse to do something for yourself.

I am giving up all meat. I haven't been eating any red meat, but for these 40 days I might as well go all out I suppose and see how I like it.

newkid
02-21-2007, 09:14 AM
I'm just going to live healthier and play less videogames

marvin-martian
02-21-2007, 09:15 AM
i know an asian girl whos giving up rice...

Nader
02-21-2007, 11:29 AM

LQTM.

Backmanshooter
02-21-2007, 11:31 AM
I'm giving up sex...:dodgy:

Theheroguy
02-21-2007, 12:09 PM
I'm giving up the use of my rightleg:dodgy: jk but really nuthin at alllll ahahhahahahahahahah :nododgy:

leed
02-21-2007, 07:35 PM

Pics or shens. Pics must include the following:
The girl holding up a piece of paper that says the following:
Name
What they are giving up for lent
Why

Sound good?

I'm atheist. So no lent for me.

Ace24
02-21-2007, 07:57 PM
I don't think giving up a particular food is good for you. Your body needs red meat, grains, vegies, fruits, and more to be healthy. By giving up those... your not giving your body what it needs. (Hence why I get irritated when I hear about someone being a vegitarian... those protiene suppliments dont give you back all that you lose)

I'm not giving up anything. I am religious... but I dont take part in lent.

timmyshoota
02-21-2007, 07:58 PM
I might be giving up paintball, even though I'm agnostic.

Moe
02-21-2007, 09:10 PM
I don't think giving up a particular food is good for you. Your body needs red meat, grains, vegies, fruits, and more to be healthy. By giving up those... your not giving your body what it needs. (Hence why I get irritated when I hear about someone being a vegitarian... those protiene suppliments dont give you back all that you lose)

I'm not giving up anything. I am religious... but I dont take part in lent.

Natural proteins found in many friuts and vegetables, peanuts, and soy products is much much 'cleaner' than those proteins found in red meats. I am not an expert at all, but I do know that being a vegetarian is a perfectly healthy life style.You are not depriving your body of anything if you do it right. Of course, there are the kids who become vegetarians and think they can live off of salads and oyster crackers. That obviously won't work.

TheRedBarron
02-21-2007, 09:16 PM
make a new thread for that topic....

Ace24
02-21-2007, 09:24 PM
Natural proteins found in many friuts and vegetables, peanuts, and soy products is much much 'cleaner' than those proteins found in red meats. I am not an expert at all, but I do know that being a vegetarian is a perfectly healthy life style.You are not depriving your body of anything if you do it right. Of course, there are the kids who become vegetarians and think they can live off of salads and oyster crackers. That obviously won't work.
I was referring to those kids lol. I look at it this way, Jesus ate meat, he ate fish, and he put them here for us to eat. So...

xtraking
02-22-2007, 03:08 AM
I was referring to those kids lol. I look at it this way, Jesus ate meat, he ate fish, and he put them here for us to eat. So...
Jesus also fasted for 40 days and nights.

Drefish99
02-22-2007, 05:57 AM
I gave up eating rice for lent. Being asian that is a tough chore. Prayer and fasting.

bamf-hacker
02-22-2007, 07:35 AM
I am giving up Judaism :)

bomberpilot07
02-22-2007, 05:44 PM
im giving up nothing :p.. i dont know how people can give up meat, unless there vegitarians lol.

El Duche
02-24-2007, 05:26 PM
I'm atheist so my response to anybody that asks is that I'm giving up religion. I'd post the joke I used in the thread for ST, but that would get me banned. although it's an obscure reference, the mods would prolly get it and I'd get hit with the ban stick.

Jesus also fasted for 40 days and nights.
why is that number so darn repetetive in the bible?

Ares
02-24-2007, 05:32 PM
40 is symbolic for a large number so 40 days is a long time