PDA

View Full Version : How can i locate and fix a leak?

Taillo
02-21-2007, 06:36 AM
Hi, i bought an used spyder classic on ebay, and when i tried it out, it leaked.

The leak was not external, it was not comming from the hoses or the expansion chamber. I was able to hear the leak inside the gun, and when i cocked the hammer, the leak sounded less noisy, as if cocking the hammer partially closed the leak. How can i locate/fix this?

Backmanshooter
02-21-2007, 06:39 AM
Check your orings. Oil them all.

Taillo
02-21-2007, 07:50 AM
I have located the leak, it is in the valve that's happening.
I took it appart, and the front O-ring seems to be reinforced with teflon tape, and the tape was emerging from underneath the oring and was causing debris around the valve.

Now before reassembling it, i need to know if it would be better to take off the oring and reinforce it again with teflon tape. And how to do it, its the first time i ever opened a marker trough its valve, so i dont want to mess things up.

invisibledrummer
02-21-2007, 09:15 AM
just take the teflon tape off and if the o ring seems undamaged then leave that on the valve alone after oiling it a little. if the o-ring is damaged, replace it and oil the new one sparingly.

Taillo
02-21-2007, 10:20 AM
I have tried it, still leaking. im beginning to think the leak comes from the cup seal, is it possible the cup seal needs an o ring or a rubber cap?

Or maybe the cup seal spring is not strong enough to allow it to seal on to the valve?

I will try further attempts on the valve orings.

invisibledrummer
02-21-2007, 10:35 AM
when you first started talking about the leak i suspected the cupseal too. just replace it with a new one, if you dont have one you can go to the local paintball shop and buy one there, or if you dont have a paintball shop near you, you can order one off of here (http://www.sundragonpps.com/paintball_spyder_repl_parts.html) the one you need is the one called Spyder Valve Cup Seal #12. if you got a spare parts kit with your gun when you got it, there should be one replacement cupseal in there.

Taillo
02-21-2007, 11:25 AM
Repaired!!!

It was the expansion chamber adapter that was badly sealed... after all...

hehe, thank you for your help. It was useful anyway, now my marker is leak free, from the valve trought the bottom line.

invisibledrummer
02-21-2007, 11:36 AM
cool, good to hear. go have fun now!