PDA

View Full Version : Newb--Need some Pilot ACS tips.

cbx133
02-20-2007, 04:28 PM
Hey guys. I am new to this forum and fairly new to paintball in general. My friend at work are getting pretty hardcore into paintball and they got me into it now. I did some research and got myself a pilot ACS last week. I liked the features and the fact I have the option of full auto for only 115.

I took it out for the first time sunday and was fairly happy with it. Didn't break one single ball all day and only reason it had any problems was because of the slow hopper I was using. Was going to pick up a Fasta this week. Anyways on to my concern: I was fairly unhappy with the distance the gun had. i know most full Electronic guns don't quite have the same distance usually as most mechanical but I was sorta dissapointed. I know a barrel might help, but what are some mods in general that might help the distance of my shots? Any barrels that have been used on the ACS and had good results?

Also what are some other mods people have done to make the guns fire better in general for not a ton of money. I know this is a very open question but just not sure where to start and it looks like you guys know a ton about these guns. Any info would be awesome! Thanx for the help guys and sorry fo the long 1st post lol.

vwjimmy
02-20-2007, 04:37 PM
Here is a link to OtterSC and his "Spyder Bible"...he has addressed tons of stuff, a definate read for any Spyder owner:
OtterSC Customs (http://www.ottersccustoms.com/)
A barrel will improve your accuracy, but if you chrono'ed your Pilot at 280 to 300 fps...your distance is not going to change too much......
Check out Otters pages and let us know what else we can answer for you!
Welcome to the KUSA/SOC Forum! :)

Backmanshooter
02-20-2007, 04:39 PM
Distance is based on velocity and accuracy is based on paint/bore match. ;)

cbx133
02-20-2007, 05:00 PM
Yeh I chrono'd it up to about 296. Guess this gun just doesn't have it in it for the long shot. My buddy's MR1's with a stiffer spring and a 16" barrel lug those balls much further then my gun and are still very accurate.

How high do these guns chrono usually. I had the adjuster almost tapped out and was at 296, so i figured about 300 was all it would prob go to.

Backmanshooter
02-20-2007, 05:01 PM
Cant go passed 300 anyway. So you're safe.

ttam13xlpb
02-21-2007, 05:26 PM
my pilots distance wasn't very good when i got it either.I just added a cp 14" barrel and it solved that problem.I mean the 14s got distance but a 16 would be better for distance if thats what your lokoing for.

Hob Hayward
02-21-2007, 06:26 PM
Technically a 14" barrel will shoot just as far as a 16" barrel. In fact, a ball shot at 300 fps from any gun will go as far as that shot from another. Of course you might have balls curving down with a lesser quality barrel.

I'd suggest picking up a J&J ceramic, they're great barrels, or if you want a little more quality the J&J S2 is awesome, my friend has one on his pilot, and its dead on. His pilot works better than most other stock guns I've seen.

ttam13xlpb
02-21-2007, 06:45 PM
seems like the 14 drops off shorter than the 16.