PDA

View Full Version : Macro line

XxPaintballxX
02-20-2007, 05:19 PM
i've seen the micro line rubber hoses and i was just wonderin if they were any better then the standard stainless steel.

i was also curious about how u could make it so that the hose connects to the bottom of the fore-grip and if it will make a difference.

i have a pilot acs

Backmanshooter
02-20-2007, 05:24 PM
Yes there is a much easier to find/cheaper line. Macroline. ;)

The position of the fitting on the foregrip would not make a difference...just preference.

pb34
02-20-2007, 05:24 PM
There are two types, theres macroline and microline. I would suggest macroline because I believe it's stronger. You would have to buy an adapter to connect it to the forgrip because Spyder uses special threads. The advantages to macro is that it is light, comes in many colors, cheaper than stainless, and is very easy to take off. Disadvantages are that it is not as strong as stainless and might not last as long.

Edit: Just read that you want to change the position of where it connects. To my knowledge you wouldn't be able to change it to the bottom of the stock expansion chamber. If you bought a new reg/expansion chamber that has a port on the bottom it would work. It's all personal preference.

Backmanshooter
02-20-2007, 05:29 PM
Technically macroline being stronger is not true. Microline is pretty strong and I believe it can hold at a stronger PSI than macroline can.

Pb34...You said macroline was stronger, then you said its not stronger. :p

vwjimmy
02-20-2007, 05:30 PM
You would have to change the expansion chamber (foregrip) to re route the inlet to the bottom.
'Macroline' is a plastic replacement for the ss line your marker came with. It does have advantages as well as weaknesses.
Steel braded is stronger, more durable, and has better temp durability. However, it can be tough to replace when it fails...and is not lenght adjustable.
Macroline ultilizes steel fittings and a plastic line. The line is easily removed without tools and can be replaced on the fly very quickly. It also is available in colors to match your marker.
Usually, I try to stick with the ss line until I have a leak, or until I am replacing parts and need a different lenght. Macro is easily cut, so whatever lenght you need is a razor knife away.
I would not say either is 'better'...but macro is easier to deal with long term.
Good luck! :)

pb34
02-20-2007, 05:31 PM
Pb34...You said macroline was stronger, then you said its not stronger. :p

First I said macro was stronger than micro but I guess I was incorrect. The second time I was saying stainless is stronger than macro. Which I'm almost positive is correct.

vikingshadow
02-20-2007, 05:32 PM
There are two types, theres macroline and microline. I would suggest macroline because I believe it's stronger.

Nope - both are equally as strong as the other. The real difference between the two is that macroline is a larger diameter tube than microline. If you were to use microline, you would starve your marker and end up having all kinds of problems.

It comes in many different colors so you can match your gun, or do whatever color scheme you like. You can cut it to whatever length you need so you aren't limited to the certain sizes stainless steel comes in. It's cheap, and easy to replace.

You need a couple of these:

http://www.punisherspb.com/images/products/macro-line-90-degree-elbow-fitting-co2-n2-md.jpg

or a couple of these:

http://www.punisherspb.com/images/products/macro-line-fitting-co2-n2-hoses-elbows-md.jpg

Or a mix of the two to be able to use macroline. You need to make a straight cut with a sharp knife (or side cutters is what we use here) and make sure it fits all the way into the fitting.

Disadvantages are that there MIGHT be a chance it may explode with Co2, but that's very rare. It's definitely not as tough as stainless steel, but it's classy and adds 4 bps and 27 fps to your gun - and adds 400 cool points to your weapon of choice!

Edit: Beat me to it! Dang, you guys are quick!

Backmanshooter
02-20-2007, 05:35 PM
Well I assumed microline was stronger because I've never heard of it coming off of a marker because of the pressure being to high, as I have with macroline.

But macroline is more convenient.

XxPaintballxX
02-20-2007, 05:41 PM
Disadvantages are that there MIGHT be a chance it may explode with Co2, but that's very rare.

they were lookin pretty good.....till i heard this lol....exploding doesnt fit well wit me lol

shunut
02-20-2007, 05:46 PM
Its very, very rare that the macroline would explode. I've never seen it happen personally.

Also, the only real reason your macroline would just blow out of the fitting would be if it wasn't put in correctly. I've had macroline crack at where you put it in the fitting and it didn't blow out of the fitting, it leaked but didn't come out.

Backmanshooter
02-20-2007, 05:46 PM
they were lookin pretty good.....till i heard this lol....exploding doesnt fit well wit me lolIt only explodes if it exceeds the rpessure limit. I do not know the exact number, but its way up there. Its very rare. I've heard it like once. Twice at most. Its nothing to be worried about. Plus its buck a foot. ;)

XxPaintballxX
02-20-2007, 05:51 PM
ok thanks for the help

Backmanshooter
02-20-2007, 05:54 PM
No problem.

:waytogo:

pb34
02-20-2007, 05:56 PM
ok thanks for the help

No problem!
Did you decide to get macro?

XxPaintballxX
02-20-2007, 05:58 PM
yea cuz i pretty much butchered my ss hose tryin to tighten the adapters so im probly going to get the macro lines soon

Backmanshooter
02-20-2007, 06:01 PM
Well you wont spend too much replacing. ;)
$1-macroline
$3-4-2 fittings

yay. ;)

pb34
02-20-2007, 06:03 PM
I suggest buying it Here (http://www.macrolineguy.com/) Its run by a guy on this forum.

Backmanshooter
02-20-2007, 06:05 PM
Yup. Never go wrong with hobbyhorse [his name on here]. He has plenty of stuff and its all good quality.

XxPaintballxX
02-20-2007, 06:16 PM
hes got a 90 degree angle fitting wit swivel and non swivel base??

and any1 kno wat fittings i'll need for the pilot?

Backmanshooter
02-20-2007, 06:17 PM
Yup. I'm pretty sure.

XxPaintballxX
02-20-2007, 06:19 PM
what does swivel mean?

Backmanshooter
02-20-2007, 06:21 PM
Moveable.

XxPaintballxX
02-20-2007, 06:24 PM
cool......and i'll prob need a 90 degree and a staright right?

Backmanshooter
02-20-2007, 06:29 PM
Depends on how your have your asa set up.

pictures of your setup would help.

XxPaintballxX
02-20-2007, 06:33 PM
everythin is stock on my pilot

pb34
02-20-2007, 06:36 PM
Yea you'll need a 90* and a straight, but I'm pretty sure your going to need metric adapters too.

XxPaintballxX
02-20-2007, 06:39 PM
metric? sry

pb34
02-20-2007, 06:42 PM
Yea, Spyder uses different threading for their products then most other manufacturers. Therefore you have to get special adapters for some things to fit. I'm not 100% sure that you'll need to get adapters but I'm pretty sure. I'm sure someone will post if they know for sure.

XxPaintballxX
02-20-2007, 06:57 PM
ok

Backmanshooter
02-20-2007, 07:25 PM
for a completely stock pilot, I would get 2 swivels. But since its a spyder ASA, they have to be metric.

invisibledrummer
02-20-2007, 07:51 PM
Yea, Spyder uses different threading for their products then most other manufacturers. Therefore you have to get special adapters for some things to fit. I'm not 100% sure that you'll need to get adapters but I'm pretty sure. I'm sure someone will post if they know for sure.

dang you spyder :headbrick:.

oh well, cant go wrong with a brand new reg and asa.

and btw, Hobbyhorse FTW. buy from him, you wont be sorry! :D

P.S. i hate how Kingman cant just drill some lousy inline asa holes into their grip frames GRRRR. :mad:

Drummer

Backmanshooter
02-20-2007, 07:53 PM
dang you spyder :headbrick:.

oh well, cant go wrong with a brand new reg and asa.

and btw, Hobbyhorse FTW. buy from him, you wont be sorry! :D

P.S. i hate how Kingman cant just drill some lousy inline asa holes into their grip frames GRRRR. :mad:

DrummerYes. I'm sure it aggravates us all. :p

It'd be alot easier, though.

XxPaintballxX
02-20-2007, 09:37 PM
does hobbyhorse's site have metrics?? if he does i cant seem to find them

invisibledrummer
02-20-2007, 09:43 PM
no, as far as i know hobby makes no metric fittings, you can probably find some metric fittings somewhere but if you have some money, i would say to just buy an new asa and reg anyways because it will make your gun way more accurate, then buy some fittings from hobby, but if you dont want to do that then you will need to buy an adapter or straight up metric fittings from somewhere else.

Backmanshooter
02-21-2007, 06:11 AM
How does a new reg and ASA make your gun more accurate? :rolleyes:

shunut
02-21-2007, 06:14 AM
:yeahthat:

hodni_sania
02-21-2007, 08:13 AM
Don't really wanna change the subject but I have a macro fitting in the stock expansion and it doesnt leak at all? I don't know bout the asa I changed it but thought I'd put it out that it works for me.

invisibledrummer
02-21-2007, 09:12 AM
a newer, better reg makes your gun more accurate since all of the paint is traveling at the same speed which means it will be more likeley to land in the same place. the asa is just so he doesnt have to buy adapters for his macro fittings, and its cool to have new things :cool:

XxPaintballxX
02-21-2007, 09:24 AM
i am in the process or disassemblingg my gun and i didnt want to make a whole new thread cuz its just one question......i cant get the cocking knob off...it just keeps spinning without coming loose?? any ideas??

invisibledrummer
02-21-2007, 09:29 AM
Pull it up and out of the bolt, you may have to pull hard but dont worry it wont break the bolt. if you cant pull it out by hand, try unscrewing the screw in the back of the bolt a little then pulling up on the knob.

XxPaintballxX
02-21-2007, 09:31 AM
wat do ya kno it worked....thanx

XxPaintballxX
02-21-2007, 10:20 AM
i just striped the vertical adapter screw......any1 got any ideas on how to get it off? im so dumb

bamf-hacker
02-21-2007, 10:35 AM
use a dremel and a cut off wheel and make a notch in the head. Then use a flat head screw driver.

invisibledrummer
02-21-2007, 10:36 AM
:yeahthat: Good idea Bamf

Backmanshooter
02-21-2007, 11:09 AM
a newer, better reg makes your gun more accurate since all of the paint is traveling at the same speed which means it will be more likeley to land in the same place. the asa is just so he doesnt have to buy adapters for his macro fittings, and its cool to have new things :cool:I think you have your terminology mixed up.
A better reg helps the consistancy of your shots, abling them to be more accurate.

XxPaintballxX
02-21-2007, 11:18 AM
dont got a dremel

Backmanshooter
02-21-2007, 11:22 AM
Well if nothings wrong with the VA/cupseal/valve spring, then no need to take it out. ;)

invisibledrummer
02-21-2007, 11:26 AM
I think you have your terminology mixed up.
A better reg helps the consistancy of your shots, abling them to be more accurate.

exactly, it makes the pressure of the air behind the paint consistant making all the paint travel at similar velocities (speeds) instead of chronoing all over the place, Better Reg = consistant pressure = consistant velocity = better accuracy. So Better reg = better accuracy.

Backmanshooter
02-21-2007, 11:27 AM
Better reg= better consistancy. If you have a bad paint/bore match and good consistancy, the accuracy wont be very good, even with a better reg.

XxPaintballxX
02-21-2007, 11:30 AM
i think i messed up something cuz i took the pin out in the body and i dont think everything alignes up

invisibledrummer
02-21-2007, 11:32 AM
a good reg + bad paint to bore match is still going to be more accurate then a bad/no reg + bad paint to bore match. i said that a better reg = better accuracy, Not: a Better reg = perfect accuracy all the time. i just said that a better reg increases your accuracy as opposed to being in the same situation without a reg.

i think i messed up something cuz i took the pin out in the body and i dont think everything alignes up

try putting the valve spring, cupseal guide, and cupseal/valve pin into the va first then sliding that into the body and valve.

put the sprint large end first into the right side of the v/a then put the cupseal guide into the cupseal then put the cupseal onto the other end of the spring so that it is all together in one piece then slide that into the body.

Backmanshooter
02-21-2007, 11:40 AM
Theres no such thing as perfect accuracy. Better reg =/= good accuracy. Good accuracy=good paint/bore match. Better reg+good paint/bore match=good accuracy.

invisibledrummer
02-21-2007, 11:54 AM
i know there is no such thing as perfect accuracy, if there was, every match would be like 1 second long and it would usually end in a tie. and i know that good reg and good paint/bore match = good accuracy but if you have a bad paint to bore match, your accuracy is going to be better, still crappy, but better than your accuracy would be with no reg and a bad paint/bore match in which the accuracy would be atrocious.

i know what it takes to make your gun accurate but without a reg then even with a good paint to bore match the accuracy isnt going to be as good as it could be. a reg is necessary to make your gun as accurate as it can be, along with some other aspects.

Backmanshooter
02-21-2007, 11:56 AM
Alright. We both made good points and the accuracy would be better,but not that good with a good reg. But with a bore/paint match it'll be even better.

invisibledrummer
02-21-2007, 12:10 PM
Definitely only truly good with both ^^

XxPaintballxX
02-21-2007, 01:10 PM
i put my gun back together and there is co2 leaking out the front/barrel......i think this may have to do with removing the pin in the middle of the gun and not being able to take the stripped screw out to fix the alignment....???

it also leaking at the pin i took out earlier

XxPaintballxX
02-21-2007, 01:31 PM
any1 kno wats wrong??

Backmanshooter
02-21-2007, 02:04 PM
Ah and that'd be because theres something wrong with the cupseal. ;)

XxPaintballxX
02-21-2007, 02:49 PM
ok well i just got back from good 'ol home depot and a simple vice clamp did the trick to get the stripped screw off......cup seal looks fine

now i need a new screw tho....any1 kno any sites that have 'em??

Backmanshooter
02-21-2007, 02:52 PM
Actionvillage might have some.

Well if it leaks from barrel then its usually the cupseal.

XxPaintballxX
02-21-2007, 03:01 PM
i'll change it just in case anyway

Backmanshooter
02-21-2007, 03:02 PM
Alright. Try it after that.

XxPaintballxX
02-21-2007, 03:25 PM
i must not have alot of air left b/c it is fluttering when i shoot but when i screwed in the tank there was no leaking going on so i must have fixed it.....thanx a million for the help

invisibledrummer
02-21-2007, 08:06 PM
you can buy a replacement screw Here (http://www.sundragonpps.com/paintball_spyder_repl_parts.html)

the screw you need is the Trigger Frame Screw #16 i believe. if im wrong someone please correct me.

XxPaintballxX
02-22-2007, 09:02 AM
the manual just says "07 M5 x 14 screw w/ Washer"

would that be the same screw thats on sundragon??

invisibledrummer
02-22-2007, 11:35 AM
im guessing that since one is m5 x 14 and one is m5 x 12 the only difference is length, like the amount of threads or something. so the m5 x 12 screw should fit correctly. maybe someone else can confirm that the replacement screw #16 on sundragon pps will fit in the v/a.

XxPaintballxX
02-22-2007, 11:39 AM
thats wat im thinkin too