PDA

View Full Version : what kind of regulators can i get?

Brandon_MR2
02-20-2007, 03:45 AM
i need to get one. anyone have pics of them on their gun?

Xtreme
02-20-2007, 09:58 AM
Brandon

Here is the link to my marker set up, it has a Palmer Pursuit Female Stabilizer, this is what I recommend, it works well with both CO2 and HPA. Havent had any complaints and the Palmer Pursuit's customer service is great.

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=9385

Alien
02-20-2007, 12:11 PM
how much for a brand new ?

Xtreme
02-20-2007, 12:16 PM
At the palmer website they are $79 plus another $20 for the mount. For some alittle pricey but in the end its the best regulator money can buy, not to mention the best on the market.

QuiGonKen
02-20-2007, 07:26 PM
does a regulator prevent, or reduce chops? also what about on air tank regs...do they work the same?

like the SP micro maxflo reg?

invisibledrummer
02-20-2007, 08:00 PM
no, a regulator doesnt prevent chops. what it does is "regulates" all the air going through your marker to the same pressure that you can adjust. if you every paintball you shoot has the same pressure behind it then the shots will travel in somewhat the same way which = better accuracy. a tank regulators task is to regulate the 3000/4500 psi's of air inside a tank down to 850 psi so that when it passes through your gun it doesnt blow it up. tank regulators dont really improve accuracy, they just make the gun operate at a safe pressure. however, by buying an aftermarker tank reg you can help improve accuracy, but i would recommend just leaving the tank alone and buying a reg for the gun since that is what does the most. if you are using co2 then the palmers stabilizer regulator is a very good choice since its one of the few regs that will work with co2 and it works great anyways. if you are using hpa, you can go with the palmers stablilizer, the custom products grip reg, or the bob long torpedo reg, as well as many others.

Hob Hayward
02-20-2007, 08:22 PM
Probably the main advantage of getting a female stab is that its one of the few regulators that can be mounted on an MR2 without removing or modifying the shroud.

Other than that, as people have said the stabilizer is the BEST regulator money can buy when it comes to co2, even when using HPA its great.

What regulators do is as people have said- regulate the input pressure and put out a specific output pressure. The advantage to having one is that you can lower the operating pressure of your gun from the raw 750-850 psi that most co2 tanks put out. Having more consistent operating pressure as well as lowered operating pressure will help to increase consistency (which includes accuracy, per se), lower the chance of chopping (if using lower operating pressures the impact of air on the ball is less forceful, deforms the paintball less, and reduces the chance of destroying the ball while is still in the breach.

Information on the LP conversion for MR's- www.sundragonpps.com/paintball_mr_lp_conv.html

For general LP information from the bible itself- www.ottersccutoms.com/project.html

Also to correct invisibledrummer who said that HPA tank regs don't help much in increasing consistency, thats not entirely true, while it brings the output pressure of the tank down to 800-850 psi (depending on the make of the regulator) it also outputs a much more consistent pressure than you'll ever get from an unregulated co2 tank.

Nuwisha
03-07-2007, 11:02 AM
I've got a Dead On Paintball Regultator... I got it because it was relatively inexpensive and available at my locale shop. I don't have the foregrip on mine anymore the regulator is much more comfortable to use.

I still haven't run enough paint through it to break in the reg yet. I don't use my Mr2 in the winter/rain (yet), so it isn't the most consistent yet.

Regs are def. worth it, you'll get more shots/fill in the long run.

ViperX
03-07-2007, 12:23 PM
I've got a CP shorty reg on my MR2 and it fits perfectly under the foregrip shroud with zero modification. So you cannot even tell I have a reg under there but it's there! I'm also using Hp air, which the CP is specifically designed for and not recommended for use with CO2, your better off with a stabilizer if your using CO2.

Also a side note on using the CP shorty reg under the frontgrip, you have to dial it in without the shroud on first. otherwise you cannot access, at least not easily, the adjustment screw. Once dialed in, just re-install te shroud over top of it.