PDA

View Full Version : Snowboard help?

timmyshoota
02-19-2007, 08:38 PM
Well, I went snowboarding yesterday with a group of friends that goes frequently and now I'm looking to get into it. I'm looking for places to research gear so that I can be ready for the end of season sales. Any suggestions on gear would be nice too. I'm mostly trying to find out about the boards/bindings/boots and the differences to find ones that fit what I want. I'll be doing a mix of freeriding and park and I need a midwide, and a size around 157-158, thats all I really know right now.

TheRedBarron
02-19-2007, 10:22 PM
www.the-house.com carries last years supply of boards boots and bindings, I say support local shops if you can afford it, I know you shouldnt, you may be able to but shouldnt, look at the house, I can talk to you a bit about it later.

Nader
02-19-2007, 11:10 PM
Local shops are your best bet, but I agree with Red on The House. Good place to buy IMO.

One word though, make sure you buy your Boots at a local shop so you can try them on, and see how different style of boots effect your feet. Boots are kinda the most important thing besides your board.

If you wanna buy a cruiser board....I got a wide 168 Oxygen FS. :D

It's my board for when I just wanna chill on the mountain and cruise hella fast.
But a freeriding board will probably do ya better for your first.

Oh, and: DON'T BUY STEP-IN BINDINGS. :lol:

timmyshoota
02-20-2007, 06:50 AM
I'm mainly looking for places to research, like forums or websites that offer reviews. Things like that. I know if I just search "Snowboard forums" I'll get a ton of crap ones, so I figured someone here might know a good one.

TheRedBarron
02-20-2007, 08:05 AM
TWSB Transworld has some decent forums. I can help you out with some reveiws if you want I can reveiw some gear of mine.

yod3r
02-20-2007, 12:44 PM
i dont know about any forums to look at but one thing i do know is that burton makes some of the most comfortable boots. Id definatly get those if you had the money

Maxx-Damage
02-20-2007, 12:45 PM
+1 on Comfy burton boots. I bought the Moto's and they are so comfy.

Nader
02-20-2007, 12:48 PM
If you're looking for reviews....http://www.boardreviews.com/

timmyshoota
02-20-2007, 04:09 PM
I've been looking at midwide boards, and the choices just plain suck. I'm gonna see if its possible to use a regular board without toedrag problems with the Burton Boxer boot. From their description it should alleviate that problem with its design.

badlandsrox
02-20-2007, 04:13 PM
better advice... get skis :dodgy:

Hoppy11
02-20-2007, 04:44 PM
Duck you binding set up out. Should help, also just make sure the bindings are centered on the board. Most peoples problems are because they are careless and just throw the bindings on the board and don't give a rats ass.

I give the new Salamon F20 two thumbs up, I can do a more in depth review if you want. I can also do a review on my Ride SPi Bindings, fricken love them, but those will be hard to find because I beleive they were only made last year.

TheRedBarron
02-20-2007, 07:03 PM
Flow bindings, any sort, preferably one of the pro models....

They are designed to help prevent toe drag.

Albeit if you do not want to fork out the extra cash, do what hoppy said, a ducked out binding settup will make it more comfortable for you if you have bigger feet.

VS3 Sniper
02-20-2007, 08:30 PM
i would go to ur local shop. also go pick up the magazine called the transworld buyers guide. they have great reviews. i have it and its great it helped me pic out my stuff. good luck

MR2 Woodsballer
02-20-2007, 09:48 PM
Well, I went snowboarding yesterday with a group of friends that goes frequently and now I'm looking to get into it. I'm looking for places to research gear so that I can be ready for the end of season sales. Any suggestions on gear would be nice too. I'm mostly trying to find out about the boards/bindings/boots and the differences to find ones that fit what I want. I'll be doing a mix of freeriding and park and I need a midwide, and a size around 157-158, thats all I really know right now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Go to a local shop and get someone to help you with everything i got all of my stuff from Zumiez. But I have a friend who hooked me up there and is a manager (nice discounts...lol) keep in mind buy quality, but it dosen't have to be the most expensive thing. They should explain everything to you. if they don't just ask. I went boarding yesterday too. I personally have flow bindings, thirty-two degrees boots I tried on about 4 pairs of different brands (each one fits different) TAKE YOUR TIME.

timmyshoota
02-21-2007, 06:54 AM
I don't have much to choose from locally with shops. I live at the beach, so snowboarding isn't really that big here. There's 2 shops and they have limited selection.

MR2 Woodsballer
02-21-2007, 07:42 AM
Than i would go to a bigger place like Zumiez.

TheRedBarron
02-21-2007, 08:01 AM
Talked to you last night on AIM, throw me any more Q's that you might have if you want.