PDA

View Full Version : secret personal drills and workouts you use for paintball

lewizz124
01-20-2006, 10:53 PM
ok guys some of us have our own little workouts and drills we do to sharpen our paintballin skills that some people may not know about. so post up things you do to keep in shape and work on gunning or snapping skills. not like shooting drills most people know about but things some of us do INSIDE the house, sometimes just because your bored. some may seem embarassing and your family members walk in and there like .... you wierdo! you know how it is guys so post em up.

TREADMILL
heres one for me, i wanted to work on running fast as well as my stamina and running and shooting skills this winter but... well it was cold outside here in michigan soooo. i broke out the old tredmill in the computer room, heres what id do:
first id put on obscure influence on the computer so i had somthin to watch and listen to while a ran. second i put on my pod pack and filled it with FULL pods and i threw on some gloves and got my paintball marker. then i would run for 5 mins with my gun up workin on shooting and keeping a stable shooting platform while learning to independantly use my upper body and legs. while i did this i would switch hands back and forth shooting sides ways and infront of me. then after 5 mins of that i would turn up the speed a bit and i would do a faster run 10 mins while alternating holding my marker in my left hand and my right hand so i would get used to running full speed with my pod pack and marker. then after 10 mins od that i would slow it down and do 5 more mins of the shooting one and after five mins id do a 5 min cool downlike jog/ walk. basically after the first night of this i was DEAD! but ive been doing it like 3 times a week and im starting to be able to do it without getting out of breath or getting too tired. you guys should try it it makes you so much faster. so now its alot easier to sprint with all my gear on and handle my marker.

ok so anyone got any little workouts/drills like this?

my mom walked in while i was doing the tread mill thing and she just shook her head and walked out. lol!

vikingshadow
01-21-2006, 05:26 AM
I could tell you my super secret tricks, but then I'd have to kill ya...

Just kidding! I've done that treadmill thing myself. Of course, anything I do makes my wife shake her head...

I do Yoga to stay limber and be able to turn quickly to dodge balls....seriously!

lewizz124
01-22-2006, 04:39 PM
ya you can dodge balls easier than most ppl think especially long balls as long as you anticipate it.

QAZ123
01-23-2006, 12:08 PM
I box/spar often so having to breath with a mouthpiece in my mouth I think has helped with my overall conditioning when it comes to paintball. It's no problem screaming and running with that mask's on right up against your mouth!

JB.

covert24
01-23-2006, 12:42 PM
i practice in my backyard by running aroun and hidding behind bushes and stuff with my t-balls:D . i dive and stuff and i have really gotten the whole aim while running thing down pat.

geeZus
01-30-2006, 09:23 PM
I run around a track. I jog for a bit, then sprint for like 20 feet as fast as I can. Then back to jobbing, and then sprinting again, over and over, to work on that quick burst. My first step off the break improved, along with moving from bunker to bunker.

FredPo
01-31-2006, 09:50 AM
Intense weight training 5 days a week. Well, that might not help me on the field but I never know if a gun is heavy and a 88/3000 feels like a peanut to me. But, one thing I do is to work on my profile, by looking in the mirror with my gun and mask. I attempt to make it as small as possible so I see what my opponent sees.

Fred

geeZus
01-31-2006, 10:05 AM
I haven't found using the mirror to be helpful at all. I find it a lot more helpful to use drills on the field.

DFSniper
01-31-2006, 11:49 AM
umm, use mirrors, walls, couches to practice profiling... i want to start running sprints & suicides but im not motivated enough...

geeZus
01-31-2006, 11:56 AM
umm, use mirrors, walls, couches to practice profiling... i want to start running sprints & suicides but im not motivated enough...
Find a friend who likes to run to get you motivated. I did it. I wasn't either, I just called a friend who ran CC in high school and said "come run with me". He did more jogging while I did the sprinting though. :p Find someone who ran track, and is pretty fast, to push yourself even more to try to compete with him.

FredPo
01-31-2006, 01:41 PM
Running is for the birds. Lift some heavy weights and do supersets, that'll get your cardiovascular going :)

Fred

geeZus
01-31-2006, 01:48 PM
Lifting is for meatheads. :dodgy: I prefer to be skinny and quick. I can get small and move quickly.

FredPo
01-31-2006, 02:15 PM
Lifting is for meatheads. :dodgy: I prefer to be skinny and quick. I can get small and move quickly.

LOL, what constitutes a meathead for one???? What is this, All in the Family??? And second, at 220 lbs, I have less bodyfat then most 170 lb guys and can outrun almost anyone. But, I"m not a front player, I play mostly mid and back so being 220 is good for me. Plus, I don't care if you are 300 lbs or 100 lbs, a small profile is a small profile. Just my thoughts on that matter :).

Fred

FredPo
01-31-2006, 02:19 PM
Also, thinking back to my football days. I think in speedball, acceleration is a very important aspect. Since you aren't running 40 yard dashes (unless making a long run for the flag, you are usually going maybe 10-15 yards from bunker to bunker. So possible some quick speed drills would be very suitable like the "dot drills" or step up and down.

Fred

geeZus
01-31-2006, 02:28 PM
LOL, what constitutes a meathead for one???? What is this, All in the Family???
ME = ARCHIE!

You = Meathead! :p

QAZ123
01-31-2006, 02:30 PM
*shakes head*

It's Jughead;)

JB.

covert24
01-31-2006, 02:34 PM
also being small and fast allows u to *snap* ur head back when u see a ball coming at u at 200mph;) having a small profile allows u to tuk urself into smaller bunkers.

FredPo
01-31-2006, 04:02 PM
ME = ARCHIE!

You = Meathead! :p
Guys like us, we had it made, those were the days...And you knew who were then!!!! Okay, I'm done.

Anyways, back on topic.

Fred

chubb0rz
01-31-2006, 04:25 PM
Good drill for those with slow reflexes or people who want to increase their reflexes.

Sorry but this drill requires paint, air and a teammate.

Stand 100ft apart and take one shot at your teammate and let him dodge it. Usually we only shoot from the waist up. Alternating shooting one shot at each other.

Yes this will hurt for you nublets but its def. a drill that will show improvement fast if done properly.

lewizz124
01-31-2006, 08:48 PM
^^^ ive done that^^^. also running around in an open field shooting at each other helps me for running and shooting. there cant be any cover and you have to run around and kneel and stuff and shoot at each toehr the whole time. it looks hilarious but it works.

spyderimagine01
02-04-2006, 05:24 PM
I myself play soccer, and it helps with my speed and manuvering(sp?) a whole lot. Although I am on a very good travel team, even if you have never tried the sport, pick up a ball and start trying, it will help with dodging and reflexsis and even endurence. But almost any sport would do (i.e. football, basketball)

lewizz124
02-05-2006, 07:30 PM
soccer would REALLY help in running and endurance because theres ALOT of running done.

percast_kingman
02-06-2006, 02:18 PM
well, i think you run more in basketball...you know offense, deffense, offense and so on:p

marvin-martian
02-06-2006, 02:25 PM
well, i think you run more in basketball...you know offense, deffense, offense and so on:p
like soccer?

Angel69
02-07-2006, 03:45 AM
when ever im bored i play this....http://www.13holes.com/final.html and it reallly does improve ur trigger speeed lol ( figured most of u already knew about it though):p

spyderimagine01
02-07-2006, 01:46 PM

I play both, trust me, soccer you do the same thing, only worse. And then if you play indoor, where the ball bounces off the walls, it does NOT stop.

big_daddy_d
02-07-2006, 02:04 PM
when ever im bored i play this....http://www.13holes.com/final.html and it reallly does improve ur trigger speeed lol ( figured most of u already knew about it though):p
Don't think this thing is accurate at all see my BPS in the top left corner, if I can pull 30BPS in semi I would be hella :D

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b60/big_daddy_d/31bc34cc.jpg

spyderimagine01
02-07-2006, 05:07 PM
Don't think this thing is accurate at all see my BPS in the top left corner, if I can pull 30BPS in semi I would be hella :D

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b60/big_daddy_d/31bc34cc.jpg

Yeah, I can pull 12BPS, and I was gettin like 21 :confused:

big_daddy_d
02-07-2006, 05:18 PM
Now I know I am a PAINTBALL GOD LMAO :D:D:D:D

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b60/big_daddy_d/42BPS.jpg

big_daddy_d
02-08-2006, 11:12 AM
I think I definitely found the sweetspot on the mouse LMAO :D

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b60/big_daddy_d/94BPS.jpg

covert24
02-08-2006, 11:16 AM
lmao 94bps ud be out of balls in like 2 1/4 seconds. that would be like tptptptptptptptptptpttptptptttptptptppttpp out of paint.

Angel69
02-08-2006, 01:55 PM
u have to admitt its fun! lol :D