PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else get this?

Insomnia
02-18-2007, 06:50 PM
So I accidently ripped out my old microswitch somehow. I just decided to buy a new one for some odd reason. So I solder it up and noticed it had a much heavier pull than the other one. I looked at them and they were the same exact switches. Anyone else have this happen to them?

invisibledrummer
02-18-2007, 07:25 PM
try opening up the switch and modifying it for a lighter trigger pull if the current weight is too heavy.

here is Vike's reproduced tutorial on how to lighten the trigger pull: Clicky (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=4961)

DRAGON
02-18-2007, 08:46 PM
Where'd you get the new switch? Since you have a Sonix, I suspect there was an e-frame added to it so that frame could have had a lighter switch in it when you got it -

Insomnia
02-19-2007, 01:28 PM
I got one at Radio Shack when I was doing an intellifeed to it. I did add a CAMD 2.0 ESP frame, holy crap this intellifeed has been giving me problems though.

The switches are the same though, they both are the same specification and say the same things on the body of the switch. I just put the original one back in. After I solder my on and off switch back on I'm gonna finish my intellifeed.

Backmanshooter
02-19-2007, 01:41 PM
Probably because it wasnt used as much as the other one?

Just break it in.