PDA

View Full Version : I had a great day!

vikingshadow
02-18-2007, 02:52 PM
Today was the first day I played paintball in a year. I mean, really played the game, not practice or whatever. Actually, this would be the first time in well over a year, come to think of it! A friend and ex-teammate of mine asked me if I'd like to come out to the field and play today, so I thought I'd give it a shot, pardon the pun! Overall, I played about 10 games from 1:00-4:00, would have been more, but everyone was dragging their feet between games and had a blast!

I played a mix of woodsball and speedball, and let me say that the Rail OWNED the field today! After I turned it into a blender using Nightmare, I switched to Heat and it worked a LOT better. Even used the stock barrel because the Heat was a little too big for the Un1tec, but the shots were ball on ball and I was shooting through little bitty holes to make them. In my first game, we played on a spools/plastic cube thingy field, and one stand of two cubes (one on top of the other) had a small gap between the two that was about 6 inches - the cubes are about 4 X 4 X 4 plastic cubes . One of the other team was in it and I saw him peeking out through that gap so I put 4 shots - right on his gogs! I was impressed with the Rail, but I have to admit I kind of mentally patted myself on the back when the people on the sidelines ooh'd and ah'd, then laughed at that guy for being covered in pink paint! We all thought it might just be splatter, but there were actual round areas showing the 4 hits on his goggles. His whole head was pink though, which was pretty funny!

I also played with the Phantom in the woods and was equally impressed with it - using year old Scorch, and didn't have a single blown ball. Got a nut shot in on a guy, or pretty close anyways, who didn't even see me! Also hit a couple of guys running across the field - by the way, the electrical tape detent mod thing worked PERFECTLY! Overall, the guns I used were awesome as they were when I put them down!

I was nervous because I hadn't been hit in quite a while and wasn't looking forward to it, but the first shot I took was to the mouth of the profilers, which I didn't feel, so I got over than in a hurry! Only really painful hit was on the bald part of my head - that will hurt more tomorrow, I'm sure. Anywho, in one game, we were playing Capture the Flag in the woods and I was laying paint down heavy with the Rail protecting our flag guy - the one we chose to go for the flag. I could see the opposite team, but apparantly they didn't see me and couldn't tell where I was shooting from. I was getting irritated because I had gone through a pod and a hopper, and it seemed I was just hitting branches and trees. Next thing I knew, people started walking off the field! Ended up that I took out HALF the opposite team all by my little old self! Boy, that makes it fun!

Played a few speedball games in which the team I was on won more than our fair share. I only got out a couple times there, but the other people we were playing were just rec players and a few aspiring tournament players. Overall, it was just a great day of play!

Funny how things change but stay the same, though! A couple of guys came up to me asking me to join their team after I had taken a few guys out, but I had put it in my heart and head before I even thought of going out today that I was not going for that scene anymore, so I just told them that we'd wait and see come summer.

Overall, I just wanted to let you know that absence does indeed make the heart grow fonder, and I fell in love with playing just for fun all over again. I started the Northwest Oklahoma Paintball Club this year, a club in which the members forget all about teams and playing tournaments and attitudes and such and we get together just to have fun. We have several members already, so it's going to be a fun summer, I hope! Our first meeting is coming up soon, and I just can't wait!

Theheroguy
02-18-2007, 03:05 PM
yay for vike!

Backmanshooter
02-18-2007, 04:19 PM
Not bad.

Mr.Untouchable
02-18-2007, 04:21 PM
Sounds like a good time! Welcome back to the game btw!!

Team Ramrod
02-18-2007, 04:57 PM
they come back, they always come back...

Glad to see your out there having fun again. I'm doing the same, I've been playing seriously for the last summer and had about enough, then i modded the Prostock to a Sniper 2 and now go out for fun and have a blast with.

ross * pilot
02-18-2007, 05:08 PM
You really cant escape the thrill of paintball i guess.

Backmanshooter
02-18-2007, 05:13 PM
You really cant escape the thrill of paintball i guess.Amen. :p

QAZ123
02-18-2007, 05:19 PM
, the electrical tape detent mod thing worked PERFECTLY!

:) That's all I used today also. Didn't even pick up my barrel kit just threw the paint in the hopper and a piece of tape in my boomy no problems all day!

Good job! Glad you had fun.

JB.

DRAGON
02-18-2007, 05:29 PM
Doesn't a piece of tape in the barrel make the ball spin? -

Hob Hayward
02-18-2007, 05:47 PM
What is this electrical tape mod you speak of, I wanna see how it works...

Oh yeah, Glad to hear you had an awesome time vike :).

QAZ123
02-18-2007, 06:07 PM
Doesn't a piece of tape in the barrel make the ball spin? -

Only if you pinch the end. :cool:

JB.

kidonfire
02-18-2007, 06:40 PM
Welcome back......to being poor.....again. :D

vikingshadow
02-19-2007, 03:36 AM
LOL, thanks guys!

What I did was take a short piece of electrical tape, fold one end of it to a point, then run the tape to the outside of the barrel and then screw the barrel in. Kept the balls from running out of the end of the barrel so that I could tip it down if I wanted to. Someone here, I think QAZ, told me about that a while back, but it's been so long ago that I don't really remember.

I'm going back out next weekend, but then I'm gonna chill for a bit so I don't ever lose the "first time out" feeling again!

Oscum Guy
02-19-2007, 07:02 AM
Today was the first day I played paintball in a year. I mean, really played the game, not practice or whatever. Actually, this would be the first time in well over a year, come to think of it! A friend and ex-teammate of mine asked me if I'd like to come out to the field and play today, so I thought I'd give it a shot, pardon the pun! Overall, I played about 10 games from 1:00-4:00, would have been more, but everyone was dragging their feet between games and had a blast!

I played a mix of woodsball and speedball, and let me say that the Rail OWNED the field today! After I turned it into a blender using Nightmare, I switched to Heat and it worked a LOT better. Even used the stock barrel because the Heat was a little too big for the Un1tec, but the shots were ball on ball and I was shooting through little bitty holes to make them. In my first game, we played on a spools/plastic cube thingy field, and one stand of two cubes (one on top of the other) had a small gap between the two that was about 6 inches - the cubes are about 4 X 4 X 4 plastic cubes . One of the other team was in it and I saw him peeking out through that gap so I put 4 shots - right on his gogs! I was impressed with the Rail, but I have to admit I kind of mentally patted myself on the back when the people on the sidelines ooh'd and ah'd, then laughed at that guy for being covered in pink paint! We all thought it might just be splatter, but there were actual round areas showing the 4 hits on his goggles. His whole head was pink though, which was pretty funny!

I also played with the Phantom in the woods and was equally impressed with it - using year old Scorch, and didn't have a single blown ball. Got a nut shot in on a guy, or pretty close anyways, who didn't even see me! Also hit a couple of guys running across the field - by the way, the electrical tape detent mod thing worked PERFECTLY! Overall, the guns I used were awesome as they were when I put them down!

I was nervous because I hadn't been hit in quite a while and wasn't looking forward to it, but the first shot I took was to the mouth of the profilers, which I didn't feel, so I got over than in a hurry! Only really painful hit was on the bald part of my head - that will hurt more tomorrow, I'm sure. Anywho, in one game, we were playing Capture the Flag in the woods and I was laying paint down heavy with the Rail protecting our flag guy - the one we chose to go for the flag. I could see the opposite team, but apparantly they didn't see me and couldn't tell where I was shooting from. I was getting irritated because I had gone through a pod and a hopper, and it seemed I was just hitting branches and trees. Next thing I knew, people started walking off the field! Ended up that I took out HALF the opposite team all by my little old self! Boy, that makes it fun!

Played a few speedball games in which the team I was on won more than our fair share. I only got out a couple times there, but the other people we were playing were just rec players and a few aspiring tournament players. Overall, it was just a great day of play!

Funny how things change but stay the same, though! A couple of guys came up to me asking me to join their team after I had taken a few guys out, but I had put it in my heart and head before I even thought of going out today that I was not going for that scene anymore, so I just told them that we'd wait and see come summer.

Overall, I just wanted to let you know that absence does indeed make the heart grow fonder, and I fell in love with playing just for fun all over again. I started the Northwest Oklahoma Paintball Club this year, a club in which the members forget all about teams and playing tournaments and attitudes and such and we get together just to have fun. We have several members already, so it's going to be a fun summer, I hope! Our first meeting is coming up soon, and I just can't wait!
haha, my friend and i put an eraser stuck to duct tape for a spyder we sold. it works just as good as the real one.

bamf-hacker
02-19-2007, 07:27 AM
Wahhhoooo Vike is back 100% :)

Glad you had fun buddy.

DRAGON
02-19-2007, 04:04 PM
LOL, thanks guys!

What I did was take a short piece of electrical tape, fold one end of it to a point, then run the tape to the outside of the barrel and then screw the barrel in. Kept the balls from running out of the end of the barrel so that I could tip it down if I wanted to. Someone here, I think QAZ, told me about that a while back, but it's been so long ago that I don't really remember......

Good idea.....Ever hear of detent rings? They're only a few bucks or so per package. Kind of like Freak inserts for the Phantom -

QAZ123
02-19-2007, 04:15 PM
He's got detent rings but I think I remember him a long time ago having problems with rollouts with his smallest one. There's a certain brand of diablo/draxxus that is ridiculously small so I told him about the electrical tape mod cause I had to use the same paint at one time.

JB.

vikingshadow
02-20-2007, 03:39 AM
^^^Yup, I have a set of them. The field paint was so small, even the smallest detent ring wouldn't work. I went to Wal-Mart and bought some Scorch because it was cheap, but mostly because I've used it before and it's decent paint, and it rolled out as well. So he told me about that electrical tape thing, and it worked like a dream. Not a single problem all day.

I may never use the detent rings again!