PDA

View Full Version : Jackhammer ACS

fwgericke
02-18-2007, 06:12 AM
Hey guys, i played today and I had a bit of a problem, it was like my marker was double firing for some reason, thought it was trigger bounce but i had that problem before so the trigger was set correctly.I then went and took the tank off, cleaned and lubed the marker correctly. Problem went away..

Then later same problem again, but i then got terrible jackhammering as well, it was like the striker wasnt catching or something?? It was also really loud.
That was the last game we played for the day. Donno if it was cause i was low on gas or something else.

Any ideas??:confused:

Thanks.

Sandman_Bravo
02-18-2007, 06:15 AM
Low gas pressure will definitely do that. Also give the bolt and hammer a cleaning and lube the o-ring and coat the striker with oil. Check the groove that the cocking knob goes thru in the top of the body; see if there are any marks where the cocking knob has been hitting. Also inspect the cocking knob. Good luck.

Backmanshooter
02-18-2007, 06:23 AM
Ya...fill up your tank and it'll be fine. Remember to lube every oring...

Sandman_Bravo
02-18-2007, 06:40 AM
If the cocking knob gets bent and/or hits the frame groove, it won't travel back correctly to re-cock. A lot of people have had issues with the groove on their frame not being long enough. You could test it by firing the cleaned & lubed gun with a fresh fill and removing the cocking knob.

shunut
02-18-2007, 07:16 AM
Make sure you inspect your sear. Also inspect the orings and make sure there is no damage to those. Do those 2 things in addition to what was said above.

fwgericke
02-18-2007, 07:42 AM
I had the cocking knob out when this happened. You see I live in South Africa. It takes more than two weeks to get a new cocking knob. Ive lost four already!! Can having the marker gassed up and not playing for like twenty minutes cause any problems?? It was lying on a table. Oh the sear was fine, my markers only like two months old. Just another question, if i had used too big a coin for shimming the noid, could that also cause it??

Sorry bout all the questions but i still have a lot too learn.:o

vwjimmy
02-18-2007, 08:06 AM
No one has mentioned the possibility that the bolts that hold the frame to the marker may be loose. It is common for them not to be tightened well....check them too! :)

shunut
02-18-2007, 08:09 AM
Just another question, if i had used too big a coin for shimming the noid, could that also cause it??

Yes, that could easily cause your marker to jackhammer. Try a smaller coin and see what happens.

fwgericke
02-18-2007, 08:52 AM
Thanks for all the help guys! Ill try everything, if im still struggling ill let you know!!

fwgericke
02-21-2007, 05:44 AM
:peace: Hey guys im back, tried a few things, totally stripped the gun down, and i found in the ASA the little filter thingy, looked kinda really dirty, is it ok to shoot without this. Cause i tried shooting without it and it seemed like the problem was solved. Could that filter have been starving the marker of air?? And how do i clean it? Also another thing, What weight trigger switch does the 2005 acs come stock with?Cause i still get bounce even though the triggers set quite far off the switch. I know on otters site there are trigger mods to help prevent this but would putting a stronger spring in the trigger help??

Thanks in advance!!:cool:

jugggs_21
02-21-2007, 10:52 AM
the stock switch is 250mg. are you sure that its trigger bounce and not bad detents which cause it to double feed? I have heard of people leaving out the little filter and having no problems but dont quote me on that cause im not 100 percent sure.

fwgericke
02-21-2007, 11:30 AM
Its not that its double feeding but each time i pull the trigger i get three or four cycles, would getting a magnetic trigger maybe help this?? And I asked earlier, do you guys think that the little filter disc could have been what was blocking and starving the marker of gas??

:questionicon: :help:

fwgericke
02-22-2007, 01:23 AM
Please guys, I need your input on this, I dont wanna mess up my marker,

Thanks

Please do not up non-sales threads jjr

Hob Hayward
02-22-2007, 04:37 AM
Get a full tank, clean the whole marker, well lube the striker and replace the striker o-ring. Make sure your valve isn't in backwards.

nbishop66
02-22-2007, 06:07 AM
:peace: Hey guys im back, tried a few things, totally stripped the gun down, and i found in the ASA the little filter thingy, looked kinda really dirty, is it ok to shoot without this. Cause i tried shooting without it and it seemed like the problem was solved. Could that filter have been starving the marker of air?? And how do i clean it?
Thanks in advance!!:cool:

I had the same problem and I removed the filters in my 2 Pilot ACSs. It won't hurt anything. Had I seen this thread sooner I would have told you to check the filter. Rip that baby out and throw it away.