PDA

View Full Version : Ahh

ross * pilot
02-17-2007, 06:28 PM
hey guys, today it was my first time using air, and it was great. But, when it was time to take it off, i used the unscrew a little and shoot twice technique to drain the remaining air in my gun. Well, when i did this, it was REALLY loud jackhammering. Any solutions to getting your nitro tank off without it doing this?

I just got it filled if that had anything to do with it.

thanks

boomerisnuts
02-17-2007, 06:32 PM
Get an asa with an on/off. I really dont know what to do or what caused that. A new asa will stop that.
boomer

Backmanshooter
02-17-2007, 06:35 PM
I've noticed HPA doing spew[sp?] less air when unscrewing than CO2 does. I'm not sure what you mean by "jackhammering"..maybe like when CO2 is out of air?

Not sure, but I've never had a problem with taking off my tank. Just to be safe, check your oring on your tank. I dont know, but better to be safe than sorry. ;)

ross * pilot
02-17-2007, 07:40 PM
Yea, ill just unscrew it for now on. When i mean jackhammering i mean when i unscrew the tank a little and then shoot my gun a couple times, it jackhammers, except really really loud.

Backmanshooter
02-17-2007, 07:44 PM
I never shoot while taking it off. I shoot it after the tank is off. And it works fine like that.

nbishop66
02-22-2007, 12:42 PM
Normal. It can't recock the gun because the remaining pressure is too low to blow back the striker. If you are really bothered by it get an on/off asa with a bleeder. This will clear the lines and marker of all pressure and you can just unscrew the bottle.

Hob Hayward
02-22-2007, 01:28 PM
Only possibility of why it would be louder is just because HPA in general makes a louder report than Co2.

ross * pilot
02-22-2007, 01:31 PM
Ok thanks, i tried today just screwing it off and it really makes a lot less sound than unscrewing c02. Im just going to do that in the future.

MVS1
02-22-2007, 02:05 PM
You have less of a chance of damaging your o-ring (freezing) doing the unscrew method with compressed air but an On/Off ASA with bleed off is really something you should consider as your next upgrade. Just a thought.

Hob Hayward
02-22-2007, 03:00 PM
You can't freeze an o-ring with HPA like you can with co2, simply because HPA is room temp, not really cold.

However, you can still damage your o-rings, so its advisable to follow the same tank removal procedure that you would when removing a co2 tank.