PDA

View Full Version : OK, let's settle this once and for all!!!

DRAGON
02-17-2007, 03:30 PM
This is one of the most common factors that seems to rip the paintball community apart. No it's not what is the best marker or what company makes the best marker. Not what reg or barrel is the best......BLA BLA BLA! What is.................

...............your playing preference? I'm not going to fiddle around with the tweeners that say they play both. There's no politician 'middle of the road' here! There has to be a preference one or the other chosen. Which side of the paintball field medium to you prefer! -

Please, no flaming in my thread -

tater_salad
02-17-2007, 03:35 PM
I don't understand the question:shrug: :undecided: :confused2: :silly:

DRAGON
02-17-2007, 03:43 PM

If it was a snake, it would have bitten ya - :o

marvin-martian
02-17-2007, 03:44 PM
...do you like speed or woodsball better

tater_salad
02-17-2007, 03:46 PM
Yea I posted before the poll was up and didn't understand sorry about that.:o

Woodsball FTW!

Sandman_Bravo
02-17-2007, 03:59 PM
Hmm, betcha can't guess my vote... ooohrah!

vikingshadow
02-17-2007, 04:03 PM
In stuff shirt politician voice....

I say, ask not which is the best preference, but what you can do for your preference! We need to stay the course and bring in more troo...players and damn the ideals of one or the other. As for me and my house, we will play the game on every front, in every format and venue! America needs to be for paintball and not for the racial comments of which one is better!

:rolleyes:

Ok....Hmmmmm, with my shocker, rail, and previous angel and T1, I like speedball.

With my phantom, I like woods.

But as of this weekend, it's been exactly one year to the day that I stopped playing (with one day of play during the summer) so I guess its more like "Hey DRAGON WTF, I don't even play paintball. I just like to hang around the forums and chill DOOD!"

Does this make me middle of the road, LOL!? To give a legitimate response, if I had to pick between the two, speedball.

Backmanshooter
02-17-2007, 04:15 PM
I picked the 3rd one.. :p

I prefer speedball, but not for fame or fortune. I like it because the adrenaline rush that it gives me. I'm not one to say ones better than another since I've never played woodsball, but speedball, what seems to be, faster paced. Just my opinion/preference.

boomerisnuts
02-17-2007, 05:08 PM
I have played both speed and woods. I prefer speedball because of the adreneline rush like Backmanshooter said. Woodsball is too long for me. Also whenever i play mwoods it takes so long that my antifog mask fogs up lol. I love all types of paintball but like i said i prefer speed. Also whenever i am in the woods i always feel like i am going to break something off my gun or fry a board from the humidity.
boomer

yod3r
02-17-2007, 05:28 PM
iv never played a speedball game in my life so i dont no if id like that more but for now i go woodsball FTW!!!

newkid
02-17-2007, 05:39 PM
woodsball FTW!!!

shunut
02-17-2007, 05:48 PM
When I could play it was speedball definitely.

Maxx-Damage
02-17-2007, 07:28 PM
I pick woodsball ccause i own the MR2. But i like both, woodsball for using my certain tactics, and speedball cause its great to see people who cant beleive they got hit by a MR2, tank of a gun.But what i mainly play is a mix of Speedball and woodsball most of the time.

paintballer5646
02-17-2007, 07:32 PM
haha 6-5-4 when i voted

RIpaintballer
02-17-2007, 09:04 PM
i play both (more speedball tho)

Hob Hayward
02-17-2007, 09:20 PM
I play more woodsball, though speedball is good fun :).

MVS1
02-18-2007, 08:44 AM
I play both pretty much equal amounts, and enjoy both about the same. However, you can have a lot more variety in playing with woodsball than speedball so I'd have to go with woodsball.

TheRedBarron
02-18-2007, 11:08 AM
Im too pretty to play in the woods.

Maxx-Damage
02-18-2007, 11:41 AM
What kinda ninja is to "pretty" to play in the woods?

TheRedBarron
02-18-2007, 01:07 PM
What kinda ninja is to "pretty" to play in the woods?
The kind that would rather bonus ball people on the speedball feild.

Backmanshooter
02-18-2007, 01:09 PM
20bps does not make someone good...:fishhead:

marvin-martian
02-18-2007, 01:16 PM
speeds winning...as it should

Sandman_Bravo
02-18-2007, 01:22 PM
I knew this would turn into a "we're better than them" thread.

DRAGON
02-18-2007, 01:23 PM
Im too pretty to play in the woods.

<3 You are a sweetheart aren't you? - ;)

OMG! Teh woods is getting pwnsr'zd!!!! - :eek:

Backmanshooter
02-18-2007, 01:27 PM
<3 You are a sweetheart aren't you? - ;)

OMG! Teh woods is getting pwnsr'zd!!!! - :eek:And thats a surprise...why? :p

sigged

TheRedBarron
02-18-2007, 01:34 PM
20bps does not make someone good...:fishhead:
Noone said it did...

Theheroguy
02-18-2007, 04:13 PM
speed kills speed is life anyone know anyother speed expessions I prefer speedball but like fields that are a cross of the two the most

Backmanshooter
02-18-2007, 07:08 PM
Need for speed... :p

That kinda goes well...I think.

bigred76
02-18-2007, 11:37 PM
Welp, here goes my post... *"there goes the neighborhood" call comes from the crowd as Tim gets on the soap-box*

Speedball is my game of choice. Why? Because there are less idiots wearing "shillie suits" and "camoflage" there. Why does this piss me off when I see it? These retards PRANCE AROUND thinking that I can't see them. Well, guess what. My red/black Empire gear is more camoflaged than them. I can stand out in the middle of the mother ****ing field and not worry about them seeing me, for if they do, I just send a lane in their direction and they're off running the other way, looking for an easier kill. Not even a 20bps lane. I limit my markers to 10bps in the woods (when I play there, which is very, very seldom).

In speedball, I get people who are WILLING to risk it all, balls on the line. I love that kind of competition. It's the way to get the most excitement. If I'm just sitting in the woods, doing nothing except scare everyone away, I'm bored... But give me a 15bps marker of any make or kind, and drop me onto a speedball field with a pack, and I'll love it. I don't care what kind of marker it is, so long as it's capped at 15bps. The flat-outedness (I can't come up with another word for it) is just my style. I'll run myself dead before I give in to some mere exhaustion, and I hope to face others of that persuasion. I'm sure they'd like to as well, lest they not be there. I am not a need for speed person, just on4e that needs balls-to-the-wall competition. If you can't provide that, **** you, get out of my way, and let me find someone else that can fulfil that.

*gets off of soap box and goes back into his recluse*

Sandman_Bravo
02-19-2007, 03:21 AM
http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index.php?showtopic=10995&hl=Woodsball+Manifesto

Yeah!

Maxx-Damage
02-19-2007, 08:57 AM
Good find sandman.

Eat that speedball....

newkid
02-19-2007, 02:45 PM
Nothing against him or nothing but Mr2 woodsball voted for speedball, thats a little hypocritical

Backmanshooter
02-19-2007, 02:59 PM
Nothing against him or nothing but Mr2 woodsball voted for speedball, thats a little hypocriticalI think you mean Ironic.

Haha.

Backmanshooter
02-19-2007, 07:21 PM
Woodballas knows whats going down.

Speedballas just hope for da best, yo.

One. :dodgy:

marvin-martian
02-19-2007, 07:23 PM
Woodballas knows whats going down.

Speedballas just hope for da best, yo.

One. :dodgy:
what??

Backmanshooter
02-19-2007, 07:27 PM
Woodsballer take their time.
Speedballers shoot fast, hoping to get lucky by randomly hitting someone with 20+bps,

One being a slang term for bye or later.

Kids these days who dont understand slang. :dodgy:

marvin-martian
02-19-2007, 07:28 PM
:rolleyes:

bamf-hacker
02-19-2007, 07:33 PM
I like them both, but you didn't give me that option, so I pick woods...

I play that more.

Nader
02-20-2007, 12:46 AM
I dibble dabble in each.

But mostly in teh gloryz of teh speedballerz. :D

mv540
02-20-2007, 02:34 PM
http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index.php?showtopic=10995&hl=Woodsball+Manifesto

Yeah!

There it says "We play not for prizes or money or fame, but for the passion of the game.".
Well i dont know, but for me I can say that I play for the passion of the game, but since the sport it's to expensive, then speedballerz try to get sponsors and stuff, but me personally I dont do it for money or prizes.:rolleyes:

bigred76
02-21-2007, 12:24 AM
Ah, BackManShooter, that is where you are wrong. There is a strategy to speedball, and IMO, a lot more that requires arena-specific skills. Like how to properly tuck into a bunker, or wrap, or -- hell -- snap-shoot. You can't just plop anyone on a speedball field and have them be a professional at it. It requres time and a concerted effort to be able to pull it off. And Puh-Lease, you can drop anyone onto a woods field and as long as they know the area they'll be able to play a reasonable game.

Woodsball... take their time? Huh? You're shooting orbs of liquid paint at each other at speeds of 200mph... How is that supposed to make you take you're time??? :confused: Go back to your "sniping"... :rolleyes:

Sandman, that is a good article from a company based solely on Woodsball, and without it they'd be out of a job. It's meant to be persuasive. They have to sell their (IMO) absolutely useless products somehow. Find me some factual article next time, please. :)
/my bit of anger... PM me if you wish to argue; I don't want to gunk up this thread too much.

Good point, MV540! I have to agree with you there. I personally play for my passion of learning mechanics (I have to know how stuff works) and for the sheer joy I have of mowing muppets.

Sandman_Bravo
02-21-2007, 02:37 AM
Well, there you have it Dragon... it's not sttled once and for all. People are extremely polarized on the subject and both sides believe they are right.
Red, yes you can drop anyone into a woodsball event and they could play. You can also do the same for speedball. But let's compare apples to apples, not oranges. You can drop a newb into a speedball game with novice players and with 5 minutes of instruction he could get by. The same holds true for woodsball. Obviously you couldn't do the same with experienced players on the field; woodsball or speedball.
I take offense to people who put down woodsball and think it's less than their beloved speedball. Furthermore, to assume that there is no real skill involved is assanine. Well organized, trained, teams dominate a woodsball field. Lastly, a lot of speedball tactics are also utilized in woodsball. What's the difference if you are behind an inflatable bunker or woodsball bunker? Are you still snapping to shoot, tucking in, & trading shots?
:mad:

newkid
02-21-2007, 10:54 AM
yea and in woodsball you don't always have bunkers set up for you

Ace24
02-21-2007, 08:44 PM
I think the problem that causes most people to be so sketchy to each other over the two different types is the pure lack of experience and understanding.

Being someone who plays both, I can honestly say that I prefer Scenario / Woodsball.

I honestly prefer woodsball and scenario play over speedball. There is a lot more strategizing in scenario games then there are in speedball. (In the stealth, and objective aspect) I do admit... it is fun and exciting to play speedball and all... but the thrill of being able to go anywhere, make your own path, use stealth, use radios, use a HUGE amount of players on your team to your advantage, and engage in giant firefights just exuberates me.

Personally, speedball is a nice way to practice and to get that paintball craving out of my system for a while, but scenario / big game woodsball is where my heart lies.

(To be honest... I just donít like blow up bunkers and being able to only go in one direction... forward... to an area that you KNOW there will be people to shoot. I like the excitement of not knowing what lies ahead.)

Hob Hayward
02-22-2007, 03:15 PM
I must actually agree with Ace here, playing a bit of both woodsball and speedball is the best way to go about it. I can honestly say I prefer the careful strategy of woodsball, however at the same time, speedball is a whole heck of a load of fun. Its really all what you're in the mood to play, speedball is great for say a Friday night, while I'd spend my entire Saturday or Sunday playing woodsball.

WhatThaSmurf
02-23-2007, 08:01 PM
I voted answer number 3! I have no money and therefore cannot play. Plus, there are no fields within reasonable driving distance anymore.

turbo chicken
02-27-2007, 12:31 PM
Ok since i had to pick my side ... woods ball ... that's where the heart is ...:p

What else am i supposed to say :confused: ... aaaha ... i like the fact that i can break away from the main pack and be a lone ranger on the field... i've had some of my best days of ball doing my own thing on the woodsball field .... :)

and if it has artificial bunkers it's not woods ball!!! :mad:

speed ball eh ... i play it in the winter ... when it's cold ... cause it's indoors ...:darth:

and to all of the people who voted woodsball and then posted and said anything in the "i like both a little" catrgory your a poser ... do like Dragon said pick a side and stick to it!!!:nutkick: :D

xSoulsx
02-27-2007, 02:04 PM
Nice...I have been telling my friend that speedball is better than woodsball...I was going to mae my own poll now I don't have to wait to prove him speedball is more popular

marvin-martian
02-27-2007, 02:35 PM
Ok since i had to pick my side ... woods ball ... that's where the heart is ...:p

and to all of the people who voted woodsball and then posted and said anything in the "i like both a little" catrgory your a poser ... do like Dragon said pick a side and stick to it!!!:nutkick: :D

so you cant be passionate about speedball? and its not possible to enjoy both? geeze, i never knew paintball was such a fascist sport...

newkid
02-27-2007, 02:40 PM
so you cant be passionate about speedball? and its not possible to enjoy both? geeze, i never knew paintball was such a fascist sport...

well now you know :dodgy:

turbo chicken
02-28-2007, 06:57 AM

sure you can ... but the thread was to pick a side ...

and I guess the sarcasm was lost in there somewhere ... i thought the nutkick and the smilie emphasized the sarcasm....

marvin-martian
02-28-2007, 07:49 AM
:dodgy: = sarcasm

and people like to explain why they voted they way they did, so in this thread its common that they are stating that they like both, but voting for one for sone reason or another.

turbo chicken
03-05-2007, 12:43 PM
:dodgy: = sarcasm

and people like to explain why they voted they way they did, so in this thread its common that they are stating that they like both, but voting for one for sone reason or another.

meh ... that's middle of the roadizm ... pick a side wussies:D :D :D :D

:D =sarcasm:D :D
^see what i did there :D :D

Sandman_Bravo
03-06-2007, 03:52 AM
I just wanted to say that the people on these forums are among the best anywhere on-line. I might not agree with you, but we share a passion for a sport that is unlike any other. When you need an answer, advice, or just some comeraderie; this is the first place to go. Woodsball, Speedball, Scenario, whatever... thanks guys.
(not what you expected when you clicked on it, huh? :p )

Backmanshooter
03-06-2007, 05:58 AM
I agree. ;)

Oscum Guy
03-09-2007, 04:21 PM
speed kills speed is life anyone know anyother speed expessions I prefer speedball but like fields that are a cross of the two the most
America is all about speed. hot nasty badass speed.

Cakeslob
03-10-2007, 03:33 PM
both ftw

paintballer21
04-25-2007, 05:43 PM
Woodsball HOORAH!!!

Mech Warrior
04-25-2007, 05:48 PM
Woodsball. And no batteries.

durrell
04-26-2007, 08:14 AM
Hey Drago, WTF I don't even play paintball. I just like to hang around the forums and chill DOOD. :p

Hoppy11
04-26-2007, 10:16 AM
Hey Drago, WTF I don't even play paintball. I just like to hang around the forums and chill DOOD. :p

Ditto.